The Definitive Cheap Accommodation Thread

March 27, 2007, 8:59 p.m.

Does anyone know when the staff housing is available?
Im flying in from Australia on may1 and a need a place to stay

It's available right now! The waitlist is finally done and dusted (thank God) so you guys can just rock up at the desk and we'll check you straight in. :bandit:

March 28, 2007, 2:09 p.m.

Are bikes allowed in the single HOUSE rooms? Is their a SECURE place to store you bike?

and I don't mean those locked in chain link fence areas…

March 28, 2007, 5:13 p.m.

It's available right now! The waitlist is finally done and dusted (thank God) so you guys can just rock up at the desk and we'll check you straight in.

Thats sick. Now i wont have to freeze my butt of in a bus shelter or under a bridge. Where do i check in??

March 29, 2007, 2:38 p.m.

Thats sick. Now i wont have to freeze my butt of in a bus shelter or under a bridge. Where do i check in??

The front desk is in Building 1 of the Glacier housing, at Base 2 level on Blackcomb. There's a bus that runs up there every 20 mins from the loop in the village, hop on that if you're not sure where you're going.

March 29, 2007, 5:39 p.m.

The front desk is in Building 1 of the Glacier housing, at Base 2 level on Blackcomb. There's a bus that runs up there every 20 mins from the loop in the village, hop on that if you're not sure where you're going.

cheers mate

March 30, 2007, 8:02 a.m.

Are bikes allowed in the single HOUSE rooms? Is their a SECURE place to store you bike?

and I don't mean those locked in chain link fence areas…

?

March 30, 2007, 7:31 p.m.

?

Yep, you can keep them in your room (preferably not in your bed though).

April 4, 2007, 9:01 a.m.

I just updated the first post, with WB 07 staff housing links, and some other stuff. Let me know if there's a link you feel would be good on the front page, and I'll put it in.

April 4, 2007, 11:16 a.m.

I just updated the first post, with WB 07 staff housing links, and some other stuff. Let me know if there's a link you feel would be good on the front page, and I'll put it in.

Diamond geezer. We've just finalised some really good deals on 'Play [HTML_REMOVED] Stay' (bike park pass and accommodation) deals, but I'll put these in their own thread…

May 14, 2007, 2:22 p.m.

I work up at staff housing, and thought I should give you guys a heads-up that we're currently plotting some park pass/housing combo deals; i.e. buy yourself a Triple Play card and get save on three night's accom., or buy a season pass and set yourself up for a really cheap few weeks in housing. More details to follow as soon as we know ourselves…

Isn't that kind of illegal? Zoning regs and stuff like that.

May 27, 2007, 9 p.m.

Any idea when housing will be available again? I've stopped by a few times in the last couple days and they keep saying it's full.

May 27, 2007, 9:35 p.m.

Any idea when housing will be available again? I've stopped by a few times in the last couple days and they keep saying it's full.

Yep, we're ramjam at the moment! If you're looking to take us up on one of the Play [HTML_REMOVED] Stay deals (as opposed to long-term housing) though, then drop me a PM/email and I'll see what I can do. ;)

June 22, 2007, 1:46 p.m.

any hotels have a bike check or allow bikes in the rooms?

June 22, 2007, 5:08 p.m.

I think if you're sneaky about it, it's cool. I'd let guys bring their bikes up to their rooms, unless they rode in the halls or something stupid like that. We also had a bike check which only Front Desk agents had a key to. It was the Cascade Lodge. The last few years there was, don't know if there still is, a bike shop in the lobby, and you could check your bikes there.

I'd avoid the Tantalus lodge though, I remember hearing about quite a number of bikes being stolen from their storage space.

I also seem to remember that the Coast hotel is pretty casual about letting bikes into rooms.

Funny, even in Whistler some hotel workers don't understand that our bikes are more valued by us than our cars, if we own one.

Aug. 2, 2007, 1:40 p.m.

You may wish to try Inside Edge Club lodge

You have to join the club $85 but you get one night at the lodge free.

After that it is only $30 for Saturday night or $45 for Friday and Saturday. They are located near Nesters Market and have a secure place to lock your bike.

Check the web site www.insideedgeclub.bc.ca

Of if you need more information [email protected]