Thanks WBP staff for your help today

Sept. 1, 2005, 9:13 p.m.

Thanks WBP staff - my kid got overzealous on the Joyride jumps, too much air (for him), not enough distance, nosed it really badly, his rear wheel smacked the end of the table and the rest is history - straight down on the front wheel, flip, then the face-plant, then the arm and the knees. His ff did the job - got destroyed in the process, deep gash on his forehead, scrapes, bruises, fractured elbow. Ken (luckily he was there, showing someone how to do the jumps properly - I wish the my kid stopped and listened before jumping :-)), looked at him, gave him a quick assessment and called the patrol - Michael arrived in like 2 mins., gave him first aid, called the truck (don't remember the driver's name) and off we went you know where, where the WBP driver locked our bikes at the entrance and the doctor re-assembled my kid back together. Funny thing was, that within an hour, 5 people were brought in from the park for various repairs - park was almost empty, there was like 50 people riding today, that's like 10% casualty rate within one hour…weird day, I guess, but the ridin' was awesome. Kid's out 4-6 weeks, so I guess it's 2006 next time…maybe Thanksgiving just for me alone.

First rate job, WBP guys, thanks again.

Sept. 1, 2005, 9:23 p.m.

thats awsome. healing vibes to the little dude. always seems like theres alot of bike partrol people up there, and for good reason, as exemplified here.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Sept. 1, 2005, 9:44 p.m.

Well, the little dude is 17 and 230lbs - bigger they are, harder they come down…

Sept. 1, 2005, 9:49 p.m.

healing vibes big dude :thepimp:

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Sept. 3, 2005, 1:49 a.m.

Glad the kid is going to be ok.

It sucks eating it, but its awesome whistlerhas such an awesome staff to help you out when you go down hard.

I would just like to say thanks to you guys for everyone that has needed your help over the past years the bike park has been around

cheers :beer:

Geoff

BATTLECAT

Sept. 3, 2005, 1:56 a.m.

good to hear they were helpful. healing vibes out to him

minus signature

Sept. 3, 2005, 7:57 a.m.

Glad the kid is going to be ok.

It sucks eating it, but its awesome whistlerhas such an awesome staff to help you out when you go down hard.

I would just like to say thanks to you guys for everyone that has needed your help over the past years the bike park has been around

cheers :beer:

Geoff

Ditto. Also a kind word to those who just like to help. When I was unconcious a good man stopped to help my gf make sure I was ok and move me off the trail where the truck could pick me up. I was awake by that point, but its good to know that even regular people are willing to lend a helping hand

Sept. 3, 2005, 8:49 a.m.

Those guys (and girls) graciously accept beer as a token of appreciation for help with mechanical / transport / treatment. Keep 'em happy - a case of beer goes a long way!!!

T4G

"Don't Sweat the Petty Things!
Pet the Sweaty Things!"