Thanks to the whistler hospital staff

Sept. 1, 2015, 3:22 p.m.

Sun night at about 5 I went down on whistler dh and injured my wrist pretty bad. Luckily had a friend help me down the mountain. The staff at the hospital were very nice and helpful. If there's anywhere to get hurt , this place isn't too bad. Want to thank the staff that night for the care they have given me.

Sept. 1, 2015, 4:57 p.m.

Ditto.
I had some top notch help at the Whistler Clinic and by the Bike Patrol a few weeks ago when I broke myself off.

ReductiMat and the Hispanic One were good as well.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 1, 2015, 5:31 p.m.

They are pros no doubt. They see some trauma come through the doors. A mangled wrist is nothing for them. Heal up and get back out there.

Sept. 1, 2015, 6:22 p.m.

They were fantastic when I blew my knee skiing. Hope you heal up fast and are back on the trails soon.

Sept. 1, 2015, 6:33 p.m.

My GP told me that if you are to break a bone, that's the place to do it cause they're experts at setting [HTML_REMOVED] casting.

Thread killer

Sept. 1, 2015, 7:20 p.m.

my buddies son was in there a couple Fridays back , top notch service

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 1, 2015, 8:31 p.m.

i always wanted to go back and thank the MD that fixed me up in Whistler before my medi-vac back to VGH… and then spending 5 days in ICU….

i dont remember much but i do remember him giving me a fukn horseneedle to set my shoulder so they could get me into a position to Xray the damage. (broken wrist/collarbone, 3 ribs and a collapsed lung.)

followed by him wheeling the tray of horror movie utensils to my bedside shortly before i screamed like a school girl and passed out.

hahaaha…:couple:

Sept. 1, 2015, 9:26 p.m.

I'm going to surgery tomm to get pins put in and fix a ligament a few. I'm glad I had my upper armour on as it may have been worse.i broke 3 bones in the wrist and tore a ligament or few. Anybody have first hand experience of a recovery time frame?

Sept. 1, 2015, 9:39 p.m.

Staff are excellent at that facility. They even lend you a lock at the check-in desk so you can lock your bike up while you are getting concussion protocol, waiting to get x-ray-ed etc. They are in a word awesome.

I'm going to surgery tomm to get pins put in and fix a ligament a few. I'm glad I had my upper armour on as it may have been worse.i broke 3 bones in the wrist and tore a ligament or few. Anybody have first hand experience of a recovery time frame?

I shattered my first metacarpal (the long bone that attaches the thumb to the wrist) about 3 years ago. I had surgery and 3 pins in my hand for quite a while, I think it was 6 to 8 weeks, and a fair bit of rehab to regain hand/grip strength and mobility. Your injury sounds more serious than mine was.

Sept. 1, 2015, 10:09 p.m.

Mine was a Galeazzi Fracture with a massive concussion. June-ish. Was riding before the end of the year, but like a baby deer. Took a long time to mentally come back.

When they say it's OK to physio, physio. Non-stop… as long as there aren't shooting pains, fight through it and you'll be done quicker.

Sept. 2, 2015, 7:27 a.m.

they definitely helped a lot of us at one time, or another! my brother had a wrist fracture when he was here a month ago, they x-rayed and said it was a single fracture but to have it looked at when he got home….turned out after an MRI that he had 3 fractures.

Sept. 2, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

They treated me well when I got a concussion skiing a few years ago (from what I remember :dizzy: )

Sept. 3, 2015, 3:51 p.m.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Got the surgery done with and now to start my recovery. Gonna be 8wks in a cast and then physico after. The drugs r making me feel itchy all over the body.

Before surgery. https://instagram.com/p/7Gi7nxG-2z/

Sept. 3, 2015, 4:21 p.m.

^^^ You may be allergic to the med; hence the itchiness. If it's morphine or codeine, maybe get the doc to try something like tramacet or tramadol instead.

I had a fracture/dislocation of the wrist years ago; 3 pins to put most of it back together; they left a couple bone chips floating. It can be disheartening how weak the hand/arm is when the cast comes off; keep up with whatever finger exercises physio says you can do while casted. But by 12 weeks post surgery, I was back on the bike, wearing a wrist brace. I wasn't riding with confidence and back to myself until til almost 5 months post surgery. Hang in there! It does get better!

Sept. 3, 2015, 4:36 p.m.

I forgot to add, if you're juiced to the tits on opiates, drink a TON of poop juice. I didn't realize it, but I didn't drop a deuce for many many days. When I finally did I gave a proper birth and couldn't walk quite right for a week.