Suggestions to the park, 2009.

Jan. 12, 2009, 4:12 p.m.

Hey, almost always I've seen one of these threads pop up over winter so why not start it?

My Key suggestions:
- Bring back the 4x course, but instead of turning it into a superhighway, make it more technical. Host a few local events on it and a 4x during Crankworx. A slower more tech course will be more fun to rip with buddies, and support the racing scene by adding another venue to the training facility Whistler is.
- More $$ into trail crew, and trail maintenance.

I will be able to think of more later, but join in.. Tom usually listened up and acknowledged what we had to say, Brian might too!

Jan. 12, 2009, 5:07 p.m.

I'd like to see another renegade style trail. It doesn't seem to require much effort to build and adds more fun Dh stuff to the mountain.

the other thing I'd like to see is a connector from the end of upper whistler DH to the end of schelyer/start of rock city. currently it ends with the rider hopping off whister DH onto crank it up. There is a grove a trees there that could easily have a short singletrack cut through them and carve back to rock city.

Kyle,

"Jesus Christ, This should be an event motherfcker, Chinese downhill fcking slalom" - DO'D on the Crankworx berm busting session on the slalom course

Jan. 12, 2009, 5:12 p.m.

Less joke in No-Joke.

:lol:

All kidding aside, I thought the revitalized sections of NJ were a bit lackluster. I'm speaking with respect to natural, technical riding, like say riding In Deep, Original Sin or Captain Safety. I think WBP should focus more on maintenance of trails, rather than the introduction of new trails. Ninja Cougar is a great trail, but hardly makes up for the fact that Freight Train saw too little maintenance over the summer. No Joke could have been but on the backburner, and the effort there redirected to buff any number of trails in the Garbonzo area.

These are just my opinion and do not state that WBP is a bad place to ride, but rather suggestions on how the park could be improved. I had lots of fun being there everytime and many trails still give me a good scare when I ride them.

Jan. 12, 2009, 5:51 p.m.

I'd like to see another renegade style trail. It doesn't seem to require much effort to build and adds more fun Dh stuff to the mountain.

Kyle,

The only disadvantage with a renegade style trail is that it is totally unsustainable, the only reason I find renegade to still be intact is because of its remote location and almost invisible trail head.

I think WBP should focus more on maintenance of trails, rather than the introduction of new trails. Ninja Cougar is a great trail, but hardly makes up for the fact that Freight Train saw too little maintenance over the summer.

Id way rather see the trail crew spending two years on maintenance instead of building a minute long trail, as sweet as it is.

Jan. 12, 2009, 6:13 p.m.

more cowbell

BREAKIN HEARTS AND BREAKIN PARTS SINCE 76'

Jan. 12, 2009, 6:46 p.m.

C-line, the cool line.

Jan. 12, 2009, 7:03 p.m.

ill fix yur trials for $10 an hour hah

Jan. 12, 2009, 7:27 p.m.

All in all, I love what WBP does. That said, here's my two bits.
Maintain Lower Freight Train before anything else.
More trail, less road from the Roundhouse down to the top of the Garbo trails.
Something fun instead of the road section on FT/NJ before the first tunnel.
Some sort of day to day web updates on trail closures. I hate driving up from Van just to find out my favorite trails are closed. At least update the status of the fitz chair. Gondy only days can be tedious.
More random wooden wall rides, banks and berms.
Is there any way to fix or re-route the very bottom of Fatcrobat? Its ALWAYS super muddy and there's a bridge down there that's ALWAYS sketchy.

Jan. 12, 2009, 7:34 p.m.

all ready seen the additions on Upper Freight Train, namely some big tables and a satelite dish and the finish stunt from this years Crankworx under Red Chair, looks neat….all in all, more money for maintenance…..

mtbskierdad

Jan. 12, 2009, 9:52 p.m.

more money for maintenance means, more expensive ticket. Not sure if whistler would risk that.

Jan. 12, 2009, 9:54 p.m.

less uphill in the garbanzo dh.
aline trail that you dont have to slam your brakes on to prevent overshooting to flat.

Jan. 12, 2009, 10:01 p.m.

more money for maintenance means, more expensive ticket. Not sure if whistler would risk that.

Either that, or it means less money for new trail sections. That's really the question, isn't it: Develop the park and make it bigger, attracting more riders which leads to increased maintenance needs -or- spend a lot of time doing maintenance, but little time building new trails to spread out the increases in riders, while risking stagnation.

What would you focus on? new stuff or maintenance?

Jan. 13, 2009, 12:28 a.m.

park was good this year and sure the road sections always suck and replacement would be nice, but i dont mind just to have the chance to ride NJ or upper FT. be good if the prices stayed the same, either way ill be riding way less this year, so not concerned really about new trails, or maintenance, just keeping trails open.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

Jan. 13, 2009, 10:18 a.m.

looks neat….all in all, more money for maintenance…..

It needs its most. Every ridden during Crankworkx? Ever blown a wheel? Yeah we definetly need more maintenance. This years Mountain was pretty sick though!

LMM :thepimp:

believe it or not… I read a lot. big books too.

Jan. 13, 2009, 10:22 a.m.

Lift Passes hooked up to GPS so if you stop on the trail to talk about how sick you sent that last section you get an electric shock to remind you to keep moving [HTML_REMOVED] not block the trail like a tool..