Stupid A-Line passing

May 23, 2006, 5:51 p.m.

I thought you spent all your time on trails like Comfortably Numb loving the chaffing action.:D

there was no fun in the chaffing yesterday…..wet, cold spandex up the crack ain't no fun! I'll be shredding the park soon enough…..stupid lack of money…..but hey, trails like cheap thrills in the meantime sure ain't that bad! wow what a gem!

May 23, 2006, 5:52 p.m.

todd - what was snowline like on Numb? We got rained on pretty hard on PHD later in the afternoon but Meatgrinder was good in the morning. Is snow off the top of Gargamel?

May 23, 2006, 5:57 p.m.

there was no fun in the chaffing yesterday…..wet, cold spandex up the crack ain't no fun! I'll be shredding the park soon enough…..stupid lack of money…..but hey, trails like cheap thrills in the meantime sure ain't that bad! wow what a gem!

A bad day biking is still better than a good day at work.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 23, 2006, 6:05 p.m.

todd - what was snowline like on Numb? We got rained on pretty hard on PHD later in the afternoon but Meatgrinder was good in the morning. Is snow off the top of Gargamel?

just patchy up towards the top….it actually wasn't nearly as bad as we expected it to be…..had to walk a couple of sections but never for very long….rode with joe and mike, was mike's first time back there since his broken vertebrae incident up there during the samurai last fall! we were moving pretty good though, a couple of short breaks and then joe fixed a flat at the hut/helipad, we still did it in just over 4 hours from alpine cafe…..was wondering about phd, heard there was a lot of blowdown couple weeks back….

May 23, 2006, 8:13 p.m.

was wondering about phd, heard there was a lot of blowdown couple weeks back….

looked like someone was in there cleaning it up.

We only did the lower section since it started to rain and a couple of people in our group would have been intimidated by the top section…

Amazing how people are riding around/beside/braid the rock faces… :rolleyes: :???:

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

May 24, 2006, 7:22 a.m.

yeah, cause it's only people who live here that ride like assheads…..

Someone is not a Will Ferrell fan. Whistler is a town, not a group of people. Had I said "Whistlerites" or "Locals" you might want to take offense.

However this little lady has the right to be annoyed.

http://encarta.msn.com/media_461526929_761552540_-1_1/Whistler's_Mother.html

May 24, 2006, 7:58 a.m.

Someone is not a Will Ferrell fan. Whistler is a town, not a group of people. Had I said "Whistlerites" or "Locals" you might want to take offense.

However this little lady has the right to be annoyed.

http://encarta.msn.com/media_461526929_761552540_-1_1/Whistler's_Mother.html

if it's semantics you're interested in……don't the group of people make up a town? is the town nothing without the people? or if you seperate the people and the town are you telling an inanimate thing to 'stay classy'? I am a will ferrell fan, and I understand the reference, I just believe it was applied incorrectly! :)

May 24, 2006, 8:10 a.m.

Maybe the solution is "lanes" on A-line. You know fast lane, slow lane, commuter lane (for tandems), private lanes (pay extra fee to access at a designated time), etc. -with barriers separating the lanes of course :-).

May 24, 2006, 9:23 a.m.

if it's semantics you're interested in……don't the group of people make up a town? is the town nothing without the people? or if you seperate the people and the town are you telling an inanimate thing to 'stay classy'? I am a will ferrell fan, and I understand the reference, I just believe it was applied incorrectly! :)

Your point is valid. My friends and I have taken to saying "You stay Classy San Diego" whenever something crude/inappropriate occurs in our midst. Usually this involves a wedding and an open bar.

Without an arguement about semantics, this was not directly at Whistler locals exclusively. If my intent was to offend the Whistler locals I would have said "Australians" :lol: :lol:

May 24, 2006, 10:09 a.m.

Your point is valid. My friends and I have taken to saying "You stay Classy San Diego" whenever something crude/inappropriate occurs in our midst. Usually this involves a wedding and an open bar.

Without an arguement about semantics, this was not directly at Whistler locals exclusively. If my intent was to offend the Whistler locals I would have said "Australians" :lol: :lol:

or ontarians! :) I'm just being a nitpicker….and actually can't believe that I wrote something that coherant before 8am!

May 24, 2006, 10:22 a.m.

Maybe the solution is "lanes" on A-line. You know fast lane, slow lane, commuter lane (for tandems), private lanes (pay extra fee to access at a designated time), etc. -with barriers separating the lanes of course :-).

These are valid ideas. I like frontier justice as well though.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

May 24, 2006, 2:22 p.m.

or ontarians! :) I'm just being a nitpicker….and actually can't believe that I wrote something that coherant before 8am!

Is this a good time to say 'go fuck yourself Whistler?' Or should I wait until I'm meandering down A-line like a blowling ball with the gutter guards up before I bust that one out? :agree:

May 24, 2006, 3:25 p.m.

Is this a good time to say 'go fuck yourself Whistler?' Or should I wait until I'm meandering down A-line like a blowling ball with the gutter guards up before I bust that one out? :agree:

say it whenever you want, and if it's something you actually believe, you can stay home anytime you please! :) I for one hope more people choose that option so it's less crowded…….the funniest part about all of this trash talking of whistler? ….go to the park on a weekday evening and see how chill it is….it's the out-of-town folk that bring up the attitude on weekends……

May 24, 2006, 3:28 p.m.

say it whenever you want, and if it's something you actually believe, you can stay home anytime you please! :) I for one hope more people choose that option so it's less crowded…….the funniest part about all of this trash talking of whistler? ….go to the park on a weekday evening and see how chill it is….it's the out-of-town folk that bring up the attitude on weekends……

That's why we plan our trips early in the year, and during the week. It is so chill on a tuesday up there.

May 24, 2006, 4:54 p.m.

im sad i didnt ride yesterday but i woke up to a hella fucked up rotor and a swollen knee and didnt feel like getting soaked so i headed back to the real world

brokezors