Stupid A-Line passing

May 22, 2006, 2:38 p.m.

if you want to be a fast DH rider ride the DH trails. otherwise quit complaining, its pretty simple.

yep try to ride joyride /shlayer/ detroit rock city fast like i do and then say your a good rider a line is more fun a moderate speed , try the a line rock drop atfull speed , shit i almost landed in the burm today …..

KIKIN THIS SHIT WITH STYLE !:coo: :coo: :coo:
www.progressivegrooves.com (my record label):rave:

May 22, 2006, 3:29 p.m.

if you want to be a fast DH rider ride the DH trails. otherwise quit complaining, its pretty simple.

Exactly, the last time I checked there's hardly any traffic on trails like Upper [HTML_REMOVED] Lower Joyride, Nationals and the old whistler DH.

May 22, 2006, 3:45 p.m.

Rosscofat, sorry to paste a little late but the two guys (one with a little kid on his shoulders) that you saw on A-Line are the two guys responsible for building that trail. The dad was on a day off but came up to look at the wet section which was just about to get rebuilt. I agree with you that people should not be walking on any of the bike trails but in this case it was legit.

freakin squamish hicks that can't even get pogey right. go back to your meth pipe

May 22, 2006, 4:28 p.m.

To all the fast a-line rippers on this board….

be nice when you pass, and I will be nice when I pass you.

I laugh at all the "fast" guys on here, be patient, your not as fast as you think you are.

and if it bothers you, go ride a trail that takes skills to go fast- my gramma can go fast on a-line.

Oh no, the A-line god SLOWSHOW has spoken, beware kids, this guy flips trucks and rips shit up without cause.

Clunking is for retards.

May 22, 2006, 4:56 p.m.

Oh no, the A-line god SLOWSHOW has spoken, beware kids, this guy flips trucks and rips shit up without cause.

I don't like you.

650 Racing: Poppin' our collars, tossin' up dollars.

May 22, 2006, 5:14 p.m.

Rosscofat, sorry to paste a little late but the two guys (one with a little kid on his shoulders) that you saw on A-Line are the two guys responsible for building that trail. The dad was on a day off but came up to look at the wet section which was just about to get rebuilt. I agree with you that people should not be walking on any of the bike trails but in this case it was legit.

I have no idea what happened or where he was positioned, but it is not legit no matter who you are if you are putting people in danger.

May 22, 2006, 5:54 p.m.

I have no idea what happened or where he was positioned, but it is not legit no matter who you are if you are putting people in danger.

what about schley and hoots walking up aline with their cameraman to shoot the first stepdown into the trail. there was a bit of yelling as we went by hard on brakes.

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

May 22, 2006, 6:21 p.m.

you can lead a horse to water…

how many beginners ride CBC? in the wet? Do you think they have fun? yet they still do it…

Just like A-line. If you ride whistler, you HAVE to ride A-line…

Thats a great point, everyone wants to ride A-Line…

Yesterday some guy just literally flew over my head on Joy Ride, on that jump we go right over on the charilift, near the metal fences. The guy didnt even yell or asked for passage, he just flew over my head… I know it pisses you off when you have to miss that perfect jump because someone is ahead of you, it happens with me on A-Line, but on more difficult trails like Joyride I experience the other side of the coin, thats why I always wait and make sure people hear my THANKS when they stop for me to pass over on A-Line

:brazil::canada::brazil::canada:

May 22, 2006, 7:02 p.m.

Exactly, the last time I checked there's hardly any traffic on trails like Upper [HTML_REMOVED] Lower Joyride, Nationals and the old whistler DH.

Upper/Lower Joyride probably had the best conditions of any trail on the hill on Saturday too.

All you need for riding is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.

May 22, 2006, 7:08 p.m.

x mag , are you still in canada ?

you know we are going to ask : what are you riding ?

kalisto : we have been over this many times about the difference between a-line and b-line . the problem , we have found , is that when you make small tables , people who are travelling at the speed you need for a-line will overshoot the landings .

what i did when i first started riding the park ( after i saw a-line once , and figured out what was required ) was i went to the joyride jump park and worked at it until i could clear table #3 and was comfortable on drop #3 . i know it is not trail riding , and not much fun pushing up for every hit , but after i had gotten somewhat used to the air , i'd hook in behind my buddies who were good at a-line , and basically figured out what speed i needed to go to make the trannies . it didn't take long before i was nailing the landings . i don't do anything fancy , just straight airs with solid landings but boy , does it ever feel good .

what i don't get are the folks who continuously go down there ( a-line ) without any improvement time after time . like , rolling the lips off and landing on the tables just isn't that much fun .

and for what it is worth , any time me or the other patrolskids see guys or girls walking around or off the entrance drop we send them elsewhere , and you wouldn't believe the stories we hear . . . .

typical exchange :

us : hi there , we'd like you to be able to do that drop before you head down a-line . . . .

them : oh , i can do it , i just don't like to . . .

us : well , you know there's lots of jumps down that trail ?

them : oh yeah , i go down here all the time , i like it , i can do the jumps .

us : so you mean you can clear a 20' table top , 4' in the air , but you don't want to do a 20" drop to tranny ?

them : well , sorta . . . .

we know it's not perfect ( the system / drop / signage / qualifier ) but it is the best we've come up with so far .

you don't head for the autobahn when you learn to drive . . . .

i hope this my last post on this topic , but i kinda doubt it :lol:

May 22, 2006, 7:43 p.m.

I don't like you.

You act like I care? You gonna pick a E-fight with me?

On the topic, it is really up too the rider who chooses to go down a-line, as many have said before they pay their money why can't they roll down the trail? It's a two way street and this topic will never come to an end. All you can do is ride and enjoy it. I gave up trying to be nice after the second year. Too many knowitall's and too many people with a head up their ass to deal with.

P.S. Even worse than people flying by on A-line, are the morons that gather in big groups in the middle section just after crab apple to socialize and stick thumbs up there butt. They usually get a nice big dusty cloud of brakes as I skid by.

Clunking is for retards.

May 22, 2006, 8:07 p.m.

P.S. Even worse than people flying by on A-line, are the morons that gather in big groups in the middle section just after crab apple to socialize and stick thumbs up there butt. They usually get a nice big dusty cloud of brakes as I skid by.

I always wonder people need to chill there. Its not like you rode very far…:D

May 22, 2006, 8:14 p.m.

today i seen a kid stop to answer his cell phone just befor the jump under the lift , i cant tell how much iyelled at him DUMMMBASS ECT…

KIKIN THIS SHIT WITH STYLE !:coo: :coo: :coo:
www.progressivegrooves.com (my record label):rave:

May 22, 2006, 8:15 p.m.

first off, people get tired. also, like me, who cant afford a fs yet, are riding ht's and fingers and arms get much more tired much faster. this doesnt mean that I am slow, but it just means that i need to take breaks more often. then i get to enjoy the rest of my run down.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

May 22, 2006, 8:17 p.m.

what works best for me when i pass is i yell "on your left" or "on your right" depending where i am and 95% of the time they move to one side and slow down and i pass and i say thank you. the point of my little story is that you should show a little respect when passing somebody not almost kill them.

JDM POWER!