Stupid A-Line passing

May 22, 2006, 1:03 a.m.

So I'm riding my last run of the day today, I admit I was coasting a little at the bottom just before the road. I heard someone coming up on my rear so I dropped the hammer. Then I look back and some idiot just flew onto the road early and ended up on the other side in the bushes.

Now I can't say that I'm not guilty of this crime, I've made some sketchy passes. But I paid for them with my head. Lesson learned.

Can't people just learn to either ride the brakes before a jump section so they have enough room to hit them or maybe chill out until there's a safe place to pass. Or better yet call out and make some noise. It's a bit better than kicking out a big whip into some guys head.

I've seen too many dumbasses either get into a wreck or cause the guy they're passing to wreck just so they can pass at the exact moment they reach someone. It's not a race and you'll get another run.

Just getting a little pissed off at people thinking they're badass mofos just cuz they can pass in the sketchiest place possible. Value your head, and use it for god's sake. Or better yet pass someone on the GLC drop and see what comes of it. Darwin style.

May 22, 2006, 1:34 a.m.

Time to beat that horse again, was waiting for the start of another thread like this, only took a week……

mtbskierdad

May 22, 2006, 1:41 a.m.

yeah really, seems like every week in the summer this comes up..

Call out if you want to pass..

Get out of the way if someone comes up behind you..

Say thanks when they do..

blah blah blah..

does that sum it up??

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

May 22, 2006, 2:55 a.m.

So many noobs, so little time…

Clunking is for retards.

May 22, 2006, 7:57 a.m.

should it be stickied so hopefully we only have one?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

May 22, 2006, 8:12 a.m.

Too many rock star attitude up there.

May 22, 2006, 8:46 a.m.

Here's some advice to everybody who complains about passing….

When you are sitting around in your groups stopped talking at various points along a-line and you see a female rider shoot in …. WAIT a couple minutes before jumping in !!!!! My wife rides a-line all the time and can do the trail very well … but not lightning speed like many of you. And yet I cannot tell you how many times young riders shoot in directly right behind her on the trail and then get pissed off they have to pass. DUH!!! NO KIDDING!!

May 22, 2006, 10 a.m.

O M G. hahah i have to admit.. i was really wanting to yell at a few people…. hopefully they will have A better system for stopping the unexperinced riders going down A line.. on super cycles witch I saw.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

May 22, 2006, 10:01 a.m.

So many noobs, so little time…

Damn… you are fucking sick.

650 Racing: Poppin' our collars, tossin' up dollars.

May 22, 2006, 10:05 a.m.

One thing whistler was lacking was a medium between something super easy and A-Line. B-Line is not even comparable. One could do that super easy, goto A-Line, and be fairly slow. They've finally added crank it up last year which seemed to fill the gap a bit better. And Now I've heard they've added some more runs for intermediate riders to practice their skills on before hitting A-Line.

Hopefully this will keep slower riders off it, until they're ready, but remember, we were all beginners at some point in our life. If you want the run to yourself, goto the top of the 7th of Fromme. Stop bitching, and have fun.

May 22, 2006, 10:08 a.m.

Damn… you are fucking sick.

I know eh?? He intimidates AND impresses me with his unconstructive off-handed one-liners too…

-m

May 22, 2006, 10:37 a.m.

O M G. hahah i have to admit.. i was really wanting to yell at a few people…. hopefully they will have A better system for stopping the unexperinced riders going down A line.. on super cycles witch I saw.

you can lead a horse to water…

how many beginners ride CBC? in the wet? Do you think they have fun? yet they still do it…

Just like A-line. If you ride whistler, you HAVE to ride A-line…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

May 22, 2006, 10:39 a.m.

That's Whistler for ya.

Sober

May 22, 2006, 11:14 a.m.

One thing whistler was lacking was a medium between something super easy and A-Line. B-Line is not even comparable. One could do that super easy, goto A-Line, and be fairly slow. They've finally added crank it up last year which seemed to fill the gap a bit better. And Now I've heard they've added some more runs for intermediate riders to practice their skills on before hitting A-Line.

Hopefully this will keep slower riders off it, until they're ready, but remember, we were all beginners at some point in our life. If you want the run to yourself, goto the top of the 7th of Fromme. Stop bitching, and have fun.

I think Dirt Merchant is a pretty good trail to learn on - fewer jumps with more gentle lips on the tables.. more ride-around/passing lanes.

The unfortunate thing about Crank it up is the lack of flow through the section with the stunts, and all the stunts are in one tight little area.

One thing I wish they had was a 'No noobs' sign on the Sea to Sky Highway just before the Ferry Terminal - we got stuck behind some guy who was going 45km/h…. he'd speed up when it was sunny, but slow down in the shade… :lol:

All you need for riding is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.

May 22, 2006, 11:24 a.m.

Definitaly lack of flow, and right about dirt merchant. I havn't been to whistler yet this year, but what they need is a mini a-line, with smaller tables, and make the run a bit shorter. I've heard that they have some "mini A-Line" runs this year, but I'll just have to wait til I go…