Stolen Bike. This Thread gets more Traffic so posting here as well.

Aug. 23, 2012, 1:46 p.m.

ATTENTION ANYONE IN WHISTLER - STOLEN BIKE!!

GREEN TRANSITION TR450 STOLEN FROM THE GLACIERS IN WHISTLER WITHIN THE LAST 8 HOURS - Green frame, blue hubs, chrome handle bar, blue pedals, blue seat clamp - PLEASE BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THIS BIKE - LOCK WAS CUT AND BIKES WERE STOLEN - CASH REWARD IF BIKE IS FOUND

Bike has a Moustache sticker on the headtube and DOOFUS in stickers on the non-drive side chain stay. This bike is not hard to miss!! It has Maxxis Minion DHF 3C Front and Maxxis High Roller 3C rear tires, not the Schwalbe tires as pictured.

Contact me at 1-403-805-9996 if found or message me on here!!

SERIAL NUMBER IS TBC1305392 TSDHG-LG

http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=31119[HTML_REMOVED]pagenum=914#commentid4600125

Aug. 23, 2012, 2:06 p.m.

Sorry to hear that man, you have a sweet looking TR450! What size is it?

2010 Transition TR450 - 34.56lbs - the lightest TR450 ever?

A custom build from the good guys @ North Shore Bike Shop

Aug. 23, 2012, 2:31 p.m.

Not mine, I just wanted to get this out there since it was stolen sometime today. I can delte this thread or have a admin delete it tomorrow. Just wanted to get it seen by as many people as possible before it is probably stripped and sold off.

Aug. 23, 2012, 7:05 p.m.

Sorry to read this, m'man… SO shitty. I hope karma does its thing.

I was speaking to a couple cats who work in the village today and they said there's been a huge rash of bikes getting pinched from cafes and restaurants, this past week more than before. Just 2 to 4 bikes at a time - boom - gone in one blink. Amsterdam, Blacks, Longhorn, GLC, anywhere where there's a high concentration of bikes in one spot.

Maybe it's that time of year we all oughta be a little more cautious. Shoulder season's coming up which means times get lean for a lot of peeps trying to bridge the gap between Sept to Nov. I know last year or the year prior (sorry, wasn't as relevant back when I read it in the Pique as it is now) the RCMP busted a ring of assholes who were pulling so many bikes they were doing DAILY trips in their oversized Dodge van to and from Whistler and the city, 16 to 20 rigs a shot. Crazy.

Keep on top of it Folks… Happens faster than you can say "hey, what the….?!?!". Preventative measures - pull the seat; kinda jam it into a spot or in a way that makes it difficult to just mount and ride; shove your armor (leg/arm) into the spokes/through the forks; etc. Just make it hard to snap and wheel away…

Peace,
The Dirty

PS - and if you do witness something going down, shout it out to let everyone know, be specific - that guy, that bike, that colour, that direction - and when you get the bastard, put their dental plan into action.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Aug. 24, 2012, 12:08 a.m.

Anyone buying a used bike should also be wary of the fact it may be stolen.

Thread killer

Aug. 24, 2012, 8:55 a.m.

Totally crappy. Hope all eyes are peeled for your buddy.

My kids did a little project in the lead-up to joyride. We had just locked our bikes up with a crappy cable lock near the GLC and noticed 2 demo's and a Makalu just sittin' there hanging from the seat. Then the kids started counting and for every crappy cable lock, there was (not scientific here) about 15 bikes with no lock.

Even if you're just sittin' at the GLC on the other side of the railing, it doesn't take much to pull a bike and take off.

A little crap cable lock ads very little to the load and that $15 lock could save you thousands. Or just throw it around a rack at the base before you head up if you don't wanna' carry it or don't use a hydration pack. Then the lock is there for you when you walk down from the top of Garby for an hour b/c you got a flat you could have fixed in 5 minutes if you had a tube and pump with you in a hydration pack. :|

Seriously, though, bike theft is so brutally lame. I only learned the stupid lock lesson the hard way…..

Aug. 24, 2012, 6:11 p.m.

Well,it's called a bike lock or watch your bike dudes,if you stay in a hotel bring em in the room! If they say no to bike in room,you stay somewhere else. Breaks my heart when people loose there rigs to severe carelessness, bikes today for good ones are 5g and up,and people just leave em laying around to drink beer! Hope it all works out, hope some iron justice gets unleashed as well! We should have a special day for that,we can call it Beat A Bike Thief Day,line em all up and f-k em up good and proper!

Aug. 24, 2012, 11:09 p.m.

At the Coast Hotel on Blackcomb, they have a fenced compound in the underground parking which any guest has access to by using their room key (card). Lucky for me I brought my lock [HTML_REMOVED] cable. I sure didn't like the idea of any guest being able to get in there [HTML_REMOVED] fuck with or steal people's bikes.

Thread killer