Slope Style Broadcast?

Aug. 15, 2009, 8:11 p.m.

Elledee Brown…I had a poster of the 96 Rocky team on my wall for awhile. Wade was in there, and so was she.

^^^Dave must have spent as much time _posting via mobile device _as he did watching!

she's dating Tara Llanes

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Aug. 15, 2009, 8:39 p.m.

she's dating Tara Llanes

Who according to the recent Mountain Bike is living in Vancouver right now.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 15, 2009, 8:55 p.m.

Who according to the recent Mountain Bike is living in Vancouver right now.

Hmmm - yes - I read that same magazine today also…strange…:dizzy:

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Aug. 15, 2009, 10:17 p.m.

Crankworx gets worse every year.

Shared feelings.

Aug. 15, 2009, 10:27 p.m.

^^^We're just not as excited about backflips anymore. Remember when Paul Bas won with a backflip and tailwhip on the last step-up step-down in 04? We all went crazy because we'd never seen that before.

Now we're used to it.

The whole festival is cool though, with all the races. It's expensive, but you can race the same course as various pros and see how you stack up.

Aug. 15, 2009, 10:34 p.m.

Crankworx is sweet. Shore trails were super quiet today.

Aug. 15, 2009, 11:09 p.m.

it was just as exciting as ever. i managed to get up and watch from the course today for the first time in a couple of years. i had a blast. my new'er camera worked great and overall a great experience. i think being there to see it all go down is a big part of staying excited about the sport. i can understand watching it online or through a movie, etc. it just gets old and the same, but in person i was in awe watching those guys throw down.
just my thoughts….

please don't grill me.

life is like the sickest trail you can ever think of. it keeps on going, over all the bumps and mud, through the beautiful breezy grass, past the stunning epic views and sailing in the air during the hangtime. and at the end we all roll on ok, ready for yet another trail. another day.

Aug. 16, 2009, 3:44 a.m.

i watched online and thought it was better than being there you cant see shit on the mountain

brokezors

Aug. 16, 2009, 6:52 a.m.

she's dating Tara Llanes

really?

I'm pretty sure she's married, and not to Tara

Aug. 16, 2009, 8:41 a.m.

really?

I'm pretty sure she's married, and not to Tara

They are engaged.

I'm not sure the numbers in the park on Saturday, but Friday had ~2300. Biggest day so far.

They are tightening up the competition, I thought it was pretty good and nicely run. Didn't go overtime, not a lot of lag time.

There are only so many tricks you can do on a bike… guess they've done them all and now its how good they look hooking them all together.

All the hotels in Whistler were booked for this weekend so by most accounts this is a pretty successful event! Surpised at the lack of bike companies in Lot 1 and 2 though. Last year lot 1 was full of trailers.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Aug. 16, 2009, 8:43 a.m.

Is NSMB turning into the Enquirer? Sharon don't feed the animals!!! Oh yeah have a nice ride today in squish or whis…

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Aug. 16, 2009, 5:30 p.m.

i watched online and thought it was better than being there you cant see shit on the mountain

andy, i was at the bottom with the screen and saw everything you saw online [there was a screen up near the wallride as well] but i also got a good view of the final 4 or so stunts with the kokanee hit being in good range for a few photos.

life is like the sickest trail you can ever think of. it keeps on going, over all the bumps and mud, through the beautiful breezy grass, past the stunning epic views and sailing in the air during the hangtime. and at the end we all roll on ok, ready for yet another trail. another day.

Aug. 16, 2009, 5:58 p.m.

There are only so many tricks you can do on a bike… guess they've done them all and now its how good they look hooking them all together.

I just watched some dew tour bmx street riding today, and believe me there are a lot more tricks you can do on a bike then what the slopestyle folk are pulling out there. i saw a 360 decade air, and a front flip off the start ramp to flat (only 6 feet off the ground). With the size of the jumps on the slopestyle, there's a lot of room for improvement. But if you want the real deal, just watch bmx and let the mountain bikes go fast down the mountain.

www.travelswithtyler.com

Aug. 16, 2009, 7:50 p.m.

there's a lot of room for improvement. But if you want the real deal, just watch bmx and let the mountain bikes go fast down the mountain.

Bring back the red bull BMX comp! That was amazing!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Aug. 17, 2009, 11:09 a.m.

Is there video of the whole comp anywhere? All I can find is the super final vids.