signature trail (non WBP)

July 29, 2014, 8:22 a.m.

If you were to have 2-4 hrs to ride a signature trail not in the WBP, what would it be (not river runs through it)?. I'm on a 5" [HTML_REMOVED] 5" XC/AM bike so I lean towards something more pedally. I've dabbled in some of the trails over the years, but this time I'm looking to hit something specific. I'll be exploring the lost lake trails with my kids as we're staying at Riverside Resort.

Thanks!

July 29, 2014, 8:47 a.m.

AM/PM then Duncan's/Business Time near Function.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

July 29, 2014, 9:21 a.m.

^^^^

in 2-4 hours you can do above plus Flank to Pura Vida and Danimal.
Those are trails that typify the riding in Whistler.

A bit less than 2 hours can get you Yummy numby to ForePlay?(comfortably numb).

I love Rockwork Orange and Korova, to me that is Whistler. Rocks, flow tech lines, views.

July 29, 2014, 9:30 a.m.

So many good options. Here are a few.

Pedal out to function junction. Riverside, high line, road to climb babylon by bike, down see colours and puke, into high side (will be dusty). Down riverside, cross over suspension bridge. Up to loggers lake, down ridge. Then if you feel good go ride train wreck. Some of this is on the route for the enduro race here http://www.worca.com/events/sea-sky-enduro-series-4-whistler-valley-cheakapotamus/

Lower sproat, piece of cake, a-la-mode. For a bit more challenge with some rock rolls go down three birds turn right and back up a-la-mode. Continue on lower sproat, up road to go down Danimal North, up whip me snip me, down lower beaver pass, bob's rebob, get over it, down mel's into emerald forest.

Great views but a more challenging trail is up the flank to Howler. Might not be the best on a 5" XC bike though.

Yummy numby, reverse along comfortably numb, down jeff's trail to sea to sky. If you want you can head out to parkhurst to see the ghost town and back to finish at lost lake. Alternate is take foreplay (end of comfortably numb) after yummy numby, but it's a little rockier.

Get the whistler trail maps app for iPhone/android or the following site http://trailcheck.in

July 29, 2014, 9:51 a.m.

Mine and Onegear's advice is more technical/rocky; totally definitive Whistler riding for me.
Guinness recommendations are more XC, also definitive Whistler riding in a different way.
Both would be doable on a 5" bike.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

July 29, 2014, 10 a.m.

FYI, I reworked all the berms on See Colours and re-did some benching near the start of High Side, it's primo right now after last weeks rain!

July 29, 2014, 10:46 p.m.

Yummy/comfy numb loop gets my vote, doesn't really get old lol

July 29, 2014, 11:34 p.m.

Kashmir to Kush to It's Business Time

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 30, 2014, 8:59 p.m.

Delineator to Big Kahuna to Section 102 to Kill Me Thrill Me to North Secret/Young Lust.

Oldie but a goodie, get your grind on…