schleyer....wtf?!

July 5, 2012, 6:16 a.m.

ummmm, what the heck happened to you? no need to have skill anymore to rail, all the cracks and holes have been filled in.

No worries,in two weeks it will be back to "normal"

July 5, 2012, 6:59 a.m.

No worries,in two weeks it will be back to "normal"

This.

Its Whistler. It will get punched out in no time. I'm heading up this weekend just so I can ride it while its smooth.:woot:

July 5, 2012, 7:09 a.m.

I like it. That track was always more of a play trail than a DH track. If I'm looking for rocks I heard there's another trail 10 feet to the right.

Like above, the hacks will skid it out within a week.

July 5, 2012, 8:04 a.m.

/sigh..

yet another trail gets "CBC'd"..

July 5, 2012, 8:48 a.m.

Pretty fun on the stumpy last week

July 5, 2012, 8:52 a.m.

ahahahahahaahhaahahaha

where is your god now?

while the huge increase in the popularity of mtn biking has brought a lot of positives for the sport, we now seem to be reaping some of the negatives. i know many of you will say "oh there goes syncro off on his bleating rant again", but back when mtn biking was a bit more of a fringe activity the attitude was a lot different. if you couldn't do something you walked it until the time you summoned the cajones to try something you saw as difficult. if you crashed it was your own damn fault and you cursed yourself for screwing it up all the while smiling from the good times that fear gave you.

anybody wanna go ride dh bikes on the seawall?

Oh there goes Syncro off on his bleating rant again…

oh there goes syncro of on his bleating rant again.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 5, 2012, 9:11 a.m.

I think its pretty fun. its alot faster and definitely more fun for me.

July 5, 2012, 9:37 a.m.

ahahahahahaahhaahahaha

where is your god now?

while the huge increase in the popularity of mtn biking has brought a lot of positives for the sport, we now seem to be reaping some of the negatives. i know many of you will say "oh there goes syncro off on his bleating rant again", but back when mtn biking was a bit more of a fringe activity the attitude was a lot different. if you couldn't do something you walked it until the time you summoned the cajones to try something you saw as difficult. if you crashed it was your own damn fault and you cursed yourself for screwing it up all the while smiling from the good times that fear gave you.

anybody wanna go ride dh bikes on the seawall?

Someone rep this man for me.

Thread killer

July 5, 2012, 9:40 a.m.

So it bothers you I'm enjoying it so much on my fully rigid singlespeed 29er?
:rawr:

Wrong. Always.

July 5, 2012, 9:56 a.m.

was about to say; on the bright side, soon we won't need a dh bike in the quiver. the poor thing is sadly under-utilized as it is. remember when we used to ride dh bikes on the shore?

July 5, 2012, 10:08 a.m.

was about to say; on the bright side, soon we won't need a dh bike in the quiver. the poor thing is sadly under-utilized as it is. remember when we used to ride dh bikes on the shore?

then you learned how to ride and didn't need the couch…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 5, 2012, 10:37 a.m.

then you learned how to ride and didn't need the couch…

we probably never really needed big travel bikes, it was just the progression from xc bikes towards hardware that didn't break on some of the goofy stuff we did at the time, and had more appropriate geometry. the trend swung to the extreme (50lb tank bikes) then bounced back. todays bikes are amazingly capable from a performance to weight ratio perspective. and, yes, skills have certainly improved as a whole. it's been an interesting progression for sure.

July 5, 2012, 11:01 a.m.

we probably never really needed big travel bikes, it was just the progression from xc bikes towards hardware that didn't break on some of the goofy stuff we did at the time, and had more appropriate geometry. the trend swung to the extreme (50lb tank bikes) then bounced back. todays bikes are amazingly capable from a performance to weight ratio perspective. and, yes, skills have certainly improved as a whole. it's been an interesting progression for sure.

Moar huckz to flat.

As someone that does not own and has never owned a full on DH bike I kinda like the trend to trail smoothing. Makes life a wee bit better on the smaller bikes.

July 5, 2012, 11:17 a.m.

/sigh..

yet another trail gets "CBC'd"..

Schleyer has been buffed with dirt, ie complete opposite of CBC. I've ridden the buffed Schleyer and I think it's a whole lot faster and funner. Cheers to the Whistler Trail Crew! :beer:

PS: If it's too easy for you, you're not going fast enough.

Biking: As addictive as cocaine, twice as expensive!

:safrica: - :canada:

July 5, 2012, 12:03 p.m.

When Schleyer was first built, it wasn't "tech" or "gnar". It was smooth and flowy with jumps and drops. Since then it's been pounded and eroded by countless thousands of bikes into it's current form

When the trail crew takes the time to close and rebuild something, they're trying to make it so they don't have to go back again for a couple years. They know that it will get thousands and thousands of riders, so they don't just add a few buckets of dirt or take out a few roots. They know that they might as well spend a lot of time and move a lot of dirt and fix a lot of things. So now it's back to smooth and flowy again.

As mentioned before, don't worry, it will get brutalized back to rooty and rocky soon enough. For now, enjoy it the way it is.

freakin squamish hicks that can't even get pogey right. go back to your meth pipe