Richie's Rally....

Aug. 10, 2010, 1:06 p.m.

I've never ridden any of these trails before.
Whats the climb like? Used to riding up the steep FSR on Vedder.
Can you compare the descents to anything else in the sea-to-sky?

It does sound exactly like my normal style of riding, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Aug. 10, 2010, 1:13 p.m.

the climb up to billy epic is definitely a grinder, the descent is steep and loose, pretty fun….cheap thrills/high society you can ride over half way up on paved road through stonebridge, so it's less of a grind….those descents have some steep rock slabby bits, some short punchy climbs, and steep root sections….hard to give a super accurate description, but it's a realy good mix of different styles of classic whistler descending…

Aug. 10, 2010, 1:34 p.m.

the climb up to billy epic is definitely a grinder, the descent is steep and loose, pretty fun….cheap thrills/high society you can ride over half way up on paved road through stonebridge, so it's less of a grind….those descents have some steep rock slabby bits, some short punchy climbs, and steep root sections….hard to give a super accurate description, but it's a realy good mix of different styles of classic whistler descending…

thanks todd, rode RDS last week and loved the tech.

Aug. 10, 2010, 1:43 p.m.

thanks todd, rode RDS last week and loved the tech.

less tech than that….overall less steep than that, give or take a section or two per trail…

Aug. 10, 2010, 7:50 p.m.

How does it all work?
Are only the descents timed? its three trips up to the flank in one day but the climbs dont count as time?
should be pretty fun i guess though the third trip will be killer…

Aug. 10, 2010, 7:56 p.m.

How does it all work?
Are only the descents timed? its three trips up to the flank in one day but the climbs dont count as time?
should be pretty fun i guess though the third trip will be killer…

yup, only descents timed, but you still have to be up to the trail by a certain time. this will be easier than day 3 of the jacks last year….just….

Aug. 10, 2010, 8:02 p.m.

any idea if there is a break between stages to catch breath or is it just non-stop go.

Aug. 10, 2010, 9:57 p.m.

any idea if there is a break between stages to catch breath or is it just non-stop go.

yeah it's called man-up.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 10, 2010, 10:17 p.m.

correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't a biggish bike/tires will be favored here, since one could likely run their "dh" bike up as fast as pedalling their 5/6" bike?

this event could have been better explained and advertised, since the concept isn't exactly obvious.

once again, i'm bitter to be missing this. 2010 season = ballz.

Aug. 10, 2010, 10:24 p.m.

correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't a biggish bike/tires will be favored here, since one could likely run their "dh" bike up as fast as pedalling their 5/6" bike?

this event could have been better explained and advertised, since the concept isn't exactly obvious.

Yep this is exactly what I thought. The format seems a bit odd to me.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Aug. 11, 2010, 11:06 p.m.

I totally understand what this event is about and the spirit of it… and I am not going to be in Whistler to be able to participate.

However, when I read the WORCA page, the description was a little discouraging. I've never read a race description that outlined 3 different ways you could get DQ'd. Not saying this isn't warranted given the type of race and the No DH bike rule… but it was something I was aware of.

It kind of sent a mixed message to me.

I only have one freeride bike… I call it all mountain, but it's an 8" bike and is 44lbs. When I saw No DH bikes, I passed over this event. I wondered how many people only have a park bike available when they come to Whistler and if this restriction prevented some entries.

The concept seems mixed to me… you want to showcase some great descents elsewhere in the Valley, BUT don't bring your DH bike… you have to do it on an AM rig. Personally I don't know if I would be DH racing on an AM rig given a choice (since I'm not sponsored and wouldn't want to beat the crap out of an AM rig if I had one).

Just offering feedback… take it or leave it.

Aug. 11, 2010, 11:23 p.m.

Wish I wasn't working on Saturday, sounds like its gonna be a sweet day of riding.

road tRip

Aug. 11, 2010, 11:37 p.m.

Will we need to know the trails? I've done some of them, but others (Billy Epic/Rebob) I haven't. I wouldn't know how to get to the trailhead…

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Aug. 12, 2010, midnight

Will we need to know the trails? I've done some of them, but others (Billy Epic/Rebob) I haven't. I wouldn't know how to get to the trailhead…

trails will be marked….start time is 9:30, all relevant info will be given out friday night at plate pick up…

Aug. 12, 2010, 8:24 a.m.

I totally understand what this event is about and the spirit of it… and I am not going to be in Whistler to be able to participate.

However, when I read the WORCA page, the description was a little discouraging. I've never read a race description that outlined 3 different ways you could get DQ'd. Not saying this isn't warranted given the type of race and the No DH bike rule… but it was something I was aware of.

It kind of sent a mixed message to me.

I only have one freeride bike… I call it all mountain, but it's an 8" bike and is 44lbs. When I saw No DH bikes, I passed over this event. I wondered how many people only have a park bike available when they come to Whistler and if this restriction prevented some entries.

The concept seems mixed to me… you want to showcase some great descents elsewhere in the Valley, BUT don't bring your DH bike… you have to do it on an AM rig. Personally I don't know if I would be DH racing on an AM rig given a choice (since I'm not sponsored and wouldn't want to beat the crap out of an AM rig if I had one).

Just offering feedback… take it or leave it.

I got the same feeling, plus it's $50 (plus WORCA membership if you don't have it).
The real reason for me not going, is at the end of the day, you will have climbed the soul crushing flank trail three times :P