POLL: Age of WBP enthusiasts!!

May 8, 2012, 9:58 a.m.

43. Started riding 4 years ago. Whistler has been a big help in my jumping ability. I was getting the technical on Cypress but Sex Girl was terrifying. Thanks to Whistler I am no longer afraid.

May 8, 2012, 12:38 p.m.

you guys should try motos, totally revamped my love of two wheels. after riding mtb for 15 years I was burnt out

Would love to try moto but I only have so much time and so much space for toys.

How do you get burnt after 15 years? I'm 39 now and have been riding the shore in various capacities for at least 26 of those years (still have my '86 Blizzard as a commuter!). The more I ride, the more I love it. I'll get a few days in the park this year (3-4) but that's all I've ever gotten in since it opened.

"Everybody loves something, even if its just tortillas"

May 8, 2012, 1:15 p.m.

Would love to try moto but I only have so much time and so much space for toys.

How do you get burnt after 15 years? I'm 39 now and have been riding the shore in various capacities for at least 26 of those years (still have my '86 Blizzard as a commuter!). The more I ride, the more I love it. I'll get a few days in the park this year (3-4) but that's all I've ever gotten in since it opened.

acutally im jelous, I wish i still had the same passion for moutnainbiking I did 10 years ago. I started riding the shore in 93 so I guess im getting close to 20 years into it. I proably did 10 years of getting out 2 - 3 times a week year round.

still ride a bit, have a blast taking my kids riding easyier stuff. get out for the odd ride here and there but am way more stoked to turn the throttle. at one point i realized I was forcing myself to ride and I wast really getting out of it what I did in the past. then I got the moto and had the same spark that I did when I couldnt get enough of mountain biking.

Its all good as long as your having fun.

still build mountain bike trails though, probably more than I ride them.

May 8, 2012, 1:49 p.m.

Its all good as long as your having fun.

Amen brother!

Doesn't really sound like you burnt out at all, just shifted focus. Sometimes you have to switch it up a little to keep it interesting or so I'm told. Gotta say I'm pretty attracted to the "stoked to turn the throttle" comment.

and a huge cheers on the building :beer:

"Everybody loves something, even if its just tortillas"

May 15, 2012, 2:40 p.m.

Hey Dirty,
I will certanly do a few laps with you… I'm 40 and as you know also riding a 2012 Flatline World Cup. ( Seasons Pass )

Woot woot!

May 15, 2012, 3:30 p.m.

Hey Dirty,
I will certanly do a few laps with you… I'm 40 and as you know also riding a 2012 Flatline World Cup. ( Seasons Pass )

Woot woot!

Damn straight… Stoked.

That being said, I'll be avoiding the park this long weekend, and making my first day up there probably Tuesday weather permitting. I'm not too jazzed about hitting it on opening day with a whack of frothing maniacs - not to mention - I typically work weekends… But ya, expect the PMs to commence shortly.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

May 17, 2012, 1:13 p.m.

Can't wait for the park to open, got my season's pass and going there on Friday to ride Saturday! :D