Non wbp ride suggestions

July 14, 2016, 1:24 a.m.

Wow! Thanks for all the info.

Any suggestions for the Island? I have one day to ride so I want to make it count. l will be staying in Victoria. I don't mind driving 2 to 3 hrs if the trails are worth it :)

July 14, 2016, 1:35 a.m.

Unless you have crew to ride with stay away from Jack the Ripper.

If you want a good feel of what Pemby has to offer, ride up Happy Trail to Nimby, up Nimby then ride Overnight Sensation. After Overnight, go left pedal to Mosquito Lake, go to No Err then loop back and Ride Cream Puff. That would be a good 4ish hour ride and gives a good mix of Pemby climbs, tech and rocks.

What's jack the ripper like? Is the entire trail called jack the ripper or is it a nickname for a collection of trails connected together?

Edit: never mind. Found the info that I was looking for. We've got rides like that up here. I love that stuff but they're only fun with a group to share the misery with. Thanks for the advice!

July 14, 2016, 7:33 a.m.

Any suggestions for the Island? I have one day to ride so I want to make it count. l will be staying in Victoria. I don't mind driving 2 to 3 hrs if the trails are worth it :)

Go to Duncan, about 45 mins North of Victoria. Tzouhalem for flow, Maple Mountain for epic views and a great long pedally ride.

July 17, 2016, 11:03 a.m.

Any suggestions for the Island?

The Dump.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

July 17, 2016, 12:39 p.m.

The Dump.

Hartland (aka the dump aka Mt work) is some fun xc riding right in Victoria, there's definitely some hard trails in there too. My number one choice for the South Island would be maple mtn up in Duncan.