No More Free Parking?

Jan. 23, 2008, 9:42 a.m.

You can still park at creekside for free, and its even covered!

meh, creekside is just hotels and condos. there's nothing to see there, and the parking lot is always full when I get there.

the village is where it's at!

Jan. 23, 2008, 9:55 a.m.

Isn't 4-5 million Whistlers weekly profit anyways?

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

Jan. 23, 2008, 10:31 a.m.

Isn't 4-5 million Whistlers weekly profit anyways?

The resort municipality of whistler - who will be responsible for the parking lot - isn't in the profit making business.

I'm sure you can find out Whistler Blackcombs profit in the Intrawest financials though.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 23, 2008, 10:47 a.m.

I'm going to park at the IGA

You only get 2 hours or something there. They mark cars and ticket people who over stay.

I remember being in the village with friends who'd suddenly remember they'd been parked for more than 2 hours, and we'd have to rush back and move the car.

Jan. 23, 2008, 12:30 p.m.

It was suggested by someone at Whistler Municipality that the parking fees wouldn't come into effect until after the Olympics.

Jan. 23, 2008, 8:16 p.m.

You only get 2 hours or something there. They mark cars and ticket people who over stay.

I remember being in the village with friends who'd suddenly remember they'd been parked for more than 2 hours, and we'd have to rush back and move the car.

Damn. Oh well I'll find somewhere else then.

Jan. 23, 2008, 8:26 p.m.

I watched the news and it stated the pay parking will only effect the 2 lots closest to the lift. Meaning… lots A and B are going to be pay while lots C and D will remain free.

Jan. 23, 2008, 8:43 p.m.

They'll ticket you after the two hour limit and then tow you after a bit too.

EDIT - didnt see that someone made that point already. sorry

http://www.whistlermountainbike.com
http://www.motionmtb.com/

Jan. 23, 2008, 9:08 p.m.

Just park in Gooch's spot. I'm sure he won't mind.

Jan. 23, 2008, 9:48 p.m.

I think it would be funny to see something that people think could stop a land slide.

Dan

You drive past at least 2 of them on your way to whistler…..one of them is being emptied out again as we speak.Look for the line up of dump trucks at Charles creek between H bay and lions bay.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 23, 2008, 10 p.m.

Park in Squamish and cycle in you shuttle-whoring layabouts.

Jan. 24, 2008, 1:46 a.m.

charge for parking? i doubt they will but right now i'm debating if i should renew my pass for the upcoming season and if they start gouging for parking it'll make the whole decision process quite simple.

there are other free places to park, you do know that

just to mention its free but for 2 hours and they do tend to ticket ya, read the signs

and if they start charging great, that means maybe we'll actually get garbage pick up or maybe more unfunctional bus shelters, or heck maybe some snowplows will actually drop the blade to the road or the valley trail and things wont be covered in snow anymore. heck maybe we'll get a new council and mayor that might be in favour of the olympics unlike ours now that used to be opposed to the olympics until we got them and then they got onboard. yep we're just gonna get gouged more what else is new, maybe we can actually take being gouged seriously, or maybe people will stop driving as many vehicles.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

Jan. 24, 2008, 11:41 a.m.

I'm sure it's gonna be less than the $20 an hour vancouver charges for parking

meh

Jan. 24, 2008, 1:28 p.m.

hahahahahaha landslide thats funny, whatever happened to that big earth quake that was supposed to hit vancouver during the millenium or something wasn't that also reaserched by one of those geotech retards. Hmmmmmmmm i think so, those guys gratuated from UBC I mean what do you expect, SFU is the way to go. But ya those geotech guys are probably just a bunch of overpaid, ass-kissers that will say anything as long as they are getting paid for it. So ya. Oh and I love their solution, lets build a wall, wow that was so worth going to school for like 5 year Mr. Geo-tech dude. Really you are so smart. Oh and how come you couldn't predict the North Van landslides smart ass. Anyways enough of my bitching

And as much as I love whistler, if they're going to do this,then screw 'em that's what I say.

:werd: :fruit:

Jan. 24, 2008, 1:42 p.m.

would intrawest have authority to enforce the fines, like the way Impark does? Or would it be like BC Parks where you just chuck the parking ticket and thats the end of it?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40