New Freight Train Features

Sept. 3, 2009, 5:04 p.m.

That new move looks awesome..PROPS to the builders!!!

What kind of Helmet cam are you using Dean…clear pic!!

Sept. 3, 2009, 7:21 p.m.

Panasonic FX35

I damaged it in a nasty spill later during that run…but that is a whole other post on its own.

The new features on Freight Train are really cool.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Sept. 3, 2009, 7:36 p.m.

Panasonic FX35

I damaged it in a nasty spill later during that run…but that is a whole other post on its own.

Too bad about the camera. Are you ok?

Richard

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Sept. 3, 2009, 8:02 p.m.

I'm fine with a banged up knee, thanks for asking…whole other post…

The new features on Freight Train are really cool. To me, Garbanzo has never been better. I've ridden it every year since it opened and to me this is it's best year yet.

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

Sept. 3, 2009, 8:39 p.m.

I'm fine with a banged up knee, thanks for asking…whole other post…

The new features on Freight Train are really cool. To me, Garbanzo has never been better. I've ridden it every year since it opened and to me this is it's best year yet.

How do you think the moo cow thing will be when it's wet? Is there any non-skid
on it or is it going to be ice like the left turn on CIU?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Sept. 3, 2009, 8:47 p.m.

I honestly don't know. We just rode through without having a close look.

www.FVMBA.com 

-Mario Andretti-

Sept. 6, 2009, 9:40 a.m.

A few year ago I remember reading one of Tom Pro updates and if I remember correctly he was saying they were already (back then!!!!) thinking of building a "blue" line under the chairs…Thats it ! thats what I WANT and I dont care about anyone else, just me,gimme MY TRAIL !!! lol Love it all really, just like to complain all the time, Im a big whiner

That line is flagged and ready to be built. Unfortunately that takes money, which is lacking this year due to a bit of an economical melt down.
I have traveled all over the planet this year and we have no idea how lucky and fortunate we are for what we have here in BC. Some of the product offered elswhere in the world is totaly substandard wouldn't see one rider if it was here. Let's be thankful for what we have here.

TomPro

Sept. 6, 2009, 2:11 p.m.

I'm from France and I agree totally with Motorp. Nothing in France for example is comparable with what exists in BC. The trails's quamlity here is a lot better than in Europe. So when you rode once in BC, you're just become addicted and you have buy every year an expensive plane ticket to come here and ride. :)

Sept. 6, 2009, 5:46 p.m.

Checked out the Mad Cow today and I have to admit that it's for big boys..full committment, and speed needed to hit the kicker and the 6 foot gap. There were some tire tracks on it today in the wet, but none of them were mine! Maybe next year…

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 9, 2009, 8:43 p.m.

I waited a good while watching people hit the Cow and more people had problems riding along the 2ft wide ride around than hitting the stunt.

Speed wise, people either railed the berm or hit the satellite dish, and seemed to flow in and clear it fine or overshoot it a little.

Look at the top, not at the lip of the kicker, that's my step-up tip of the day (which worked for me on the old step-up boxes in the boneyard all those moons ago)

There were folks way over-sending the stepdown off it - I'll be reigning the speed in after the stepup when I get around to hitting it.

First I need to stop riding like an idiot. :D

Sept. 14, 2009, 1:43 p.m.

I waited a good while watching people hit the Cow and more people had problems riding along the 2ft wide ride around than hitting the stunt.

Absoutely :)

first time checking out the new features (only second or third time riding FT), thankfully i'd seen some pictures and Dean's video so I sorta knew what to expect.

I nailed the dish pretty good, but wasn't even thinking about hitting the big stunt after it.

So i took the 2' wide plank across the muck, and sure enough got both wheels off into some of the nastiness smelling mud i've encountered in years!

It's bloody 2 feet wide… both tires off the side!! haha

Sept. 14, 2009, 2:15 p.m.

After hitting the 2ft wide boards a few times they are definately are a little more tricky that the step-up/off. Speed is the only tricky thing as I've seen a few people go a little too fast and clear almost both parts too much. I was a little slow the first time but got it right the second if you hit the satellite right you can coast in to the stepup, it's a lot mellower than it looks and definately a lot easier than the freight cars lower down the run.
Fun feature I'm glad they put it in there!

Sept. 14, 2009, 5 p.m.

Yeah I love the stunt but the ride around sucks. I saw these guys just go out of site as I started the three tables before the final berm into the satellite dish/berm. I thought they'd be gone by the time I got there but they'd had a mare doing the ride around and one guy had clipped his bars and was just getting up from the landing of the step-up ! A few seconds earlier and I'd have pulped his head.

Needs a totally separate ride around ASAP. Come on Whistler BP trail crew, it's not like you've got much to do :)

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Sept. 14, 2009, 5:09 p.m.

I'm putting in a vote for a Samurai Pizza Cat / Renegade style trail the length of Garbanzo. Just super fun, flowing Blue single track.

I concur. That would be the nuts.

Sept. 15, 2009, 5:04 p.m.

Speed is the only tricky thing as I've seen a few people go a little too fast and clear almost both parts too much.

That's exactly what happened to me. I'd seen the pics and heard from folks it was no problem. So, I come out of the satellite with speed and pump into the step up and overshot the tranny by a good 6-7 feet and basically crumpled into the takeoff for the stepdown and ragdolled off/down to the ridearound ladder. :stupid:

I hit it again Sunday and Monday with less speed no problem.

Note to self: Look at features in person BEFORE you decide to hit them. ;)

EB