new bike for Canada... ideas...?

May 21, 2006, 7:47 a.m.

think you should get a bullit dude, or an sx trail. both are real nice and light but can take some serious big hits too. put some single crown forks on and you're away! let us know what you get and we'll look out for ya on the hills

:england: dubriders - MTB club in the UK trying to spread the good word of biking.

May 21, 2006, 3:53 p.m.

good advice, cheers…
got any good recomendations for good bike shops in either Vancouver, Squamish or Whistler? have tried to check some shops on-line but not found all that many…
I'm just excited and wanna start riding a new bike again!
Been so long since I've had a new bike!

very much appreciate all the advice people, please keep it coming even if you think it's pointing out obvious stuff!
I'm thinking about so much stuff right now I'm finding it tricky to make exactly the right decisions sometimes!

Cheers
Russ

www.fanatykco.com in Whistler.

May 21, 2006, 4:27 p.m.

Why do Canadas bike shop sites have no prices?
checked out the ones above but no price lists on line…?

Will be visiting Kamloops, that comes after Whistler, also will be visiting Squamish and Fernie and any other places that look cool!
How long do you think is a sensible time to spend in Whistler?
I was thinking 2 weeks or so…

2 weeks for whistler and squamish is plenty as they are only 40 mins from each other and whistler is an expensive place to hang around unless you're crashing @ a friends.. oh ya… Get thee to Nelson young man. Nelson is the shit!!!! :banana:

Is it counter productive to ride on my exercise bike with a cocktail in hand?

May 22, 2006, 1:57 p.m.

i get a rockey slayer that bike is pimp