Near death experience on WS DH

July 26, 2008, 12:27 a.m.

yeah.. you guys truely are blessed. I have a 3min downhill run i have to push up and then its just a rolling mellow downhill at that. You guys have some amazing trails here in the northwest. Yeah some things might suck i understand if ur used to the place but just think bot other places in the world. I saved all winter/spring to come here to just ride for one week. Cya guys next year!

July 26, 2008, 5:24 a.m.

we need rain, then all will be well again….

mtbskierdad

July 26, 2008, 6:46 a.m.

Think of the peeps who live in Connecticut, Hawaii or England.

or elsewhere. As Lee said, stop bitching and instead contact the guys running Whistler. Or go ride somewhere else. Wait - better idea, get some info and start building yourself. Or join a crew of trail volunteers.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

July 26, 2008, 7:35 a.m.

be glad you dont pay for parking, and i suspect the huge hole put before the crosswalk was not an act of erosion

That doesn't lessen my grievance over the irresponsible squirrel.

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 26, 2008, 3:55 p.m.

You know, I think its actually WBP's fault that I went over the bars on the last table in the biker-x and ended up with a broken back and both elbows. it was poorly designed (way too much lip for the speed. obviously) and there wasn't a nice soft landing for me. Now, I can't ride at all until september, and there's no way my park pass will be worth it.

OR I could acknowledge the fact that maybe I just lost control, and its my own fault. But that would be taking responsibility for my actions. Nah, impossible.

quit whining about the park conditions, at least you can ride.

July 26, 2008, 5:31 p.m.

Since nobody really seems to follow up with the "current condition" thread anymore, I thought of starting a new thread and hopefully get more visibility.

First of all,we all know how hard the trail crew are busting their arses and I want to say thank you to all of the guys for doing a such great job.Apparently there's only 12 of them for the entire mountain which leads me to believe they all must be SUPERMENS…

With that being said,I've been riding up there for 6 years now, Ive seen MUCH dryer summers WITH A LOT more traffic but I have NEVER seen the park in such a LAME shape.I thought the SIGNIFICANT price raise for a PASS was SUPPOSE to either give me new trails in the Garbo zone like its been said (and Im not talking about No Joke re-opening) or at least super buffed trails…Ninja cougar looks ready to go( just like it was a year ago) sorry and cant think of anything else right now that is new…French connection doesn't count…its been there for ever.

BUT!!!!! I can live with that I mean, Whistler still is a killer place to ride, Im just not sure where my money went…

What REALLY pisses me off is when I nearly kill myself on a trail because of the terrible conditions…Picture this, Im pinning down the very first part of Whistler DH, set up for the small berm and then…BANG not one but 2 GIANT holes waiting to swallow my front wheel…Nevertheless I manage to pull it off and avoid the carnage but the trail had more to make sure I was really going to eat shit.Right after the berm…THE TRAIL IS GONE!!! I mean completely washed OUT!!!…and down I went..

Go ahead flame me if you want for being spoiled and a major wining asshole but I'm SO angry right now:swearing:.Is it THAT hard to make sure a patrol OR somebody from the WBP rides down all the trails at the end of the day and make a report ? That trail should literally be CLOSE (which would be a shame)until they fix it or at least put a warning sign…Perhaps I was riding to fast, in fact yes, I was too fast because in 6 years I've never expected something that bad on the hill…

Somebody please make this guy a paved Dh trail on Whistler so I can get to sleep at night knowing he is satisfied because he has a Dh trail to ride with no bumps or holes.

I have no children and my tits are super perky.

July 27, 2008, 6:56 p.m.

aight so anyone who wants to bitch this guy out, go check out the corner hes talking about, its one of the most fucked things on the mountain, its not like im picky and want a completely smooth trail, but that corner is straight up dangerous

TANGENT

July 27, 2008, 7:27 p.m.

aight so anyone who wants to bitch this guy out, go check out the corner hes talking about, its one of the most fucked things on the mountain, its not like im picky and want a completely smooth trail, but that corner is straight up dangerous

pics?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 27, 2008, 8:37 p.m.

If you are planning on riding a former national DH track at pace, you should be ready and able to deal with things much worse off than punched out berms and braking bumps. I agree, many of the runs are beat, but that makes them all the more fun - the trail crew is under funded and stretched to their limits - so find some creative lines, and pin.

July 27, 2008, 9:51 p.m.

pics?

k even if i did live in whis, i would not go take pics of it just for the sake of this thread, just take my word, its shit

TANGENT

July 27, 2008, 9:58 p.m.

Seeing how Canadians cope (or not…) with corners in cars, I'll take that comment with a pinch of salt ;)

treezz
wow you are a ass