Near death experience on WS DH

July 25, 2008, 2:44 p.m.

I think they might come from the factory that way?

See, now that was uncalled for. You had to take it to the streets, didn't you?

If I weren't such a gentleman on these boards, I'd get you back by telling you why I'm so jealous of you.

But I won't.

I can't.

Not here- not like this.

Stop asking.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

July 25, 2008, 3:07 p.m.

You guys obviously don't ski here in the winter…

They were charging $50.00 to ski on Blackcomb in June/July and they had very little open and what was open sucked. They often didn't have the alpine open, or only one chair, or if it did open it was late, how often was the Symphony chair open?

We were skiing on the Easter long weekend. 10-20cm new snow, could have been mid winter, lift lines on Harmony and Peak, holiday weekend and was symphony open?

you're dreaming if you think lift pass prices correlates to a quality experience.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 25, 2008, 3:13 p.m.

If you mean I don't ski there 50+ times a winter, like some, you are bang on. I ski there maybe 5-10 times. Always get my money's worth.

Again, matter of opinion. I couldn't tell you the days they have certain lines closed, as I am not up there EVERY weekend.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

July 25, 2008, 3:50 p.m.

all this mention of only 12 guys. why dont they have a volunteer trailday(s)? like the snow dig out thing but get a mad heap of people, close a few trails, and let them have at it

and the number of people who go to wbp has dropped hella

i remember two or three years ago waiting up to 30 minutes in line on weekends, now, you get on in under 5 minutes all the time

July 25, 2008, 3:56 p.m.

It's a commercial enterprise. Like any business venture, they should sink or swim w/ the busness plan / budget. This is not a volunteer type situation.

Now, if they COMPENSATED those people somehow- i.e.: edge cards- different story.

July 25, 2008, 4:11 p.m.

give them a free lunch at bike [HTML_REMOVED] bean or glc

July 25, 2008, 4:57 p.m.

I suppose there are some that are willing to work for next to nothing on behalf of a corporate giant, but I'd hope if people will essentially donate their time like that, they are doing it for WORCA or NSMBA. Or a local BMX or dirt jump track. Someplace where they NEED the volunteer hours.

Intrawest doesn't need it. What they need to do is support their business plan better.

July 25, 2008, 5:56 p.m.

I agree. The line ups are down as well as the vibe. I'm sure the trail crew is doing all they can. I hope like hell they can fit in some grooming before I get there next time [after C-worx.] I mainly stick to the top, but do like DM, HOD [HTML_REMOVED] CIU to finish.

Thread killer

July 25, 2008, 6:36 p.m.

why not make your concerns about this known to W/B management? Complaining about it on NSMB isn't going to magically change anything. Apologies if you've already talked to W/B

July 25, 2008, 7:33 p.m.

you guys who are complaining are all F$#$$# Nuts… seriously! u have no idea how good you guys have it at whistler, myself and my friend have been here for a week.. my 3rd trip here in a few years, erics first and yeah alines beat up so what. nothing new, learn how to ride. Try going to some other mountains which are NOTHING like whistler, the views, the 25min full downhill runs, endless trails try coming to some 1040foot tall mountains as your local mountain which there is nothing to truely challege or scare myself. Be thankful for what you guys have. ill miss this place and be dreaming of it until next summer when i come back for another week.

July 25, 2008, 7:50 p.m.

The day lots are pretty rutted too….and we had to slow down for a fucking squirrel when we drove in.

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 25, 2008, 8:12 p.m.

I complain by not opening my wallet.

July 25, 2008, 8:52 p.m.

The day lots are pretty rutted too….and we had to slow down for a fucking squirrel when we drove in.

be glad you dont pay for parking, and i suspect the huge hole put before the crosswalk was not an act of erosion

July 25, 2008, 10 p.m.

Thanx for the reality check, DHJunkie. We are truly blessed here in the pacific Northwest. Have our choice of the Shore or Whistler. I am also envious of the freaks who get so many days in the WBP. I live only 2 hours away [HTML_REMOVED] am lucky to get 3 or 4 days in. Think of the peeps who live in Connecticut, Hawaii or England.

Thread killer

July 25, 2008, 10:50 p.m.

Think of the peeps who live in Connecticut, Hawaii or England.

That's right think of ME!

so are you horny yet?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons