Near death experience on WS DH

July 25, 2008, 12:42 p.m.

I am soooooooo pissed too. I was there last year

I call bs right there.

Do you even have a mountain bike? :lol:

July 25, 2008, 12:48 p.m.

I call bs right there.

Do you even have a mountain bike? :lol:

Ahhh Dave, with your parenthood has come absent mindedness.

I do indeed have a bicycle, and I will be riding said bicycle in the Swiss Alps in a matter of days…Who is laughing now?! :lol:

July 25, 2008, 12:50 p.m.

I hate you

July 25, 2008, 12:54 p.m.

I hate you

How much would that weigh on your scale?

July 25, 2008, 1 p.m.

Salt

I will be riding said bicycle in the Swiss Alps in a matter of days

Wound

I hate you

you rubbing it in

How much would that weigh on your scale?

fucker :lol:

July 25, 2008, 1:06 p.m.

:lol:

July 25, 2008, 1:12 p.m.

lower bike park is pretty shitty this year. even worse than normal IMO.

did one lap before hitting a quality trail outside the park from the top, and i won't be back.

i'd rather push/pedal and get 1 lap all day then do multiple laps of the garbage they have open. thank god most of you don't climb …

I posted similar thoughts elsewhere.

The gnar stuff up top on Garbo (in this I DO NOT include Freight Train) is as it always is…fairly natural, quite gnarly in spots, and left alone.

As it should be. Those trails, as far as difficulty, rival some of the toughest anywhere. As a result, they see very little traffic.

The stuff down below- i.e.: A-Line, DM, and many others, are meant to be maintained, and the obvious lack of maintenance is quite evident when compared to years past.

Not a fault of the builders / trail maintenance crew. Only so much 12 guys can get done up there.

But, hey…for the prices they are now charging, yeah…I expect that stuff to be "gold plated". Compare the $50.00 per day to ride vs. $70.00 to ski, then look at what you get. Skiing, you don't have to do one run or one chair twice.

And, yes- I'm jaded and jealous too.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

July 25, 2008, 1:21 p.m.

Corey,

You should know that Mark K nose cased the new creek gap on DM yesterday, on our warm-up run. It is quite a bit bigger than last year. Mark figured that he didn't need too much speed after watching Wilby coast into it and clear it at half speed. Apparently he forgot Wilby has wings.

The back of his shirt looks like it was hit w/ a shot gun now, as if he were running from the farmer after nailing the daughter. I think I'm going to hell for laughing so hard at that scene…after we determined he was quite alive and kicking, w/ nothing but a bruised ego (had it been a buised groin…yes, still would have laughed).

I am jealous of you too, but not for your trip to the Swiss Alps.

Ask me why.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

July 25, 2008, 1:25 p.m.

Corey,

You should know that Mark K nose cased the new creek gap on DM yesterday, on our warm-up run. It is quite a bit bigger than last year. Mark figured that he didn't need too much speed after watching Wilby coast into it and clear it at half speed. Apparently he forgot Wilby has wings.

The back of his shirt looks like it was hit w/ a shot gun now, as if he were running from the farmer after nailing the daughter. I think I'm going to hell for laughing so hard at that scene…after we determined he was quite alive and kicking, w/ nothing but a bruised ego (had it been a buised groin…yes, still would have laughed).

I am jealous of you too, but not for your trip to the Swiss Alps.

Ask me why.

First run heroics, I love it. I will be sure to bring this up on the frisbee golf course, of course I will wait until he is mid throw for the delivery.

So did Mike have to fix his bike up trailside for him?

How did your rebar hold up at the park? Still going strong?

edit

Yesterday? WTF, don't you slackers have jobs? What gives?

July 25, 2008, 1:35 p.m.

The trail side repair involved a handlebar alignment, and complete reconstruction of Mark[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s ego. It was very dramatic, and quite involved. Who needs a coffee to wake oneself up when you have creek gap nose cases.

The little bike stayed home while the beast got a good run. No rebar, but today I do have duct tape securing a couple of sheared spokes to neighboring spokes on my rear wheel, and a snapped rear shifter cable safely zap strapped to my chain stay. One of the linkage bearing dust caps came out, and I have a good view of the race, complete w/ missing little ball bearings.

So, things are running fine, business as usual. Still have the rebar in my bag, just in case.

Go ahead, ask.

July 25, 2008, 1:46 p.m.

The trail side repair involved a handlebar alignment, and complete reconstruction of Mark

July 25, 2008, 1:51 p.m.

I posted similar thoughts elsewhere.

The gnar stuff up top on Garbo (in this I DO NOT include Freight Train) is as it always is…fairly natural, quite gnarly in spots, and left alone.

As it should be. Those trails, as far as difficulty, rival some of the toughest anywhere. As a result, they see very little traffic.

The stuff down below- i.e.: A-Line, DM, and many others, are meant to be maintained, and the obvious lack of maintenance is quite evident when compared to years past.

Not a fault of the builders / trail maintenance crew. Only so much 12 guys can get done up there.

But, hey…for the prices they are now charging, yeah…I expect that stuff to be "gold plated". Compare the $50.00 per day to ride vs. $70.00 to ski, then look at what you get. Skiing, you don't have to do one run or one chair twice.

And, yes- I'm jaded and jealous too.

I look at the WBP webcam pretty much every day. The numbers are down, big
time. Even on the weekends.

I'd be willing to bet the park doesn't "make" money in a real corporate sense.
As has been said before, fuel is up, tourism is down (we're running @ 40%).
The park costs a lot of $$ to keep the lift going, lifties paid, patrol guys paid,
maintenance crew paid, maintenance crew truck fueled, yadda yadda…
The people that get screwed are the skiers, $70 for a lift pass? Unless it's a beautiful
day, how many people ski from open to close? You have ~10X as many skiers
skiing, and what 4X the runs on Whistler? That extra amount of skiers helps
make profit more than the little amount of bikers there are.

I think you guys are fooling yourself that they are "raking it in".

And holey shit guys, even on the worst post Crankworx run I did Aline and DM
is in WAAAAAY smoother than any trial I have over here.

If you have a 8" travel bike there is no reason to complain about how rough
Aline is. If you don't HTFU! Seriously, every year it's the same whiny ass bitching
about the same thing ("it's too rough", "their paving GG and making it too smooth",
"it's too crowded", "the lift line is too busy during CW", "there's not enough trails",
and on and on and on).

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 25, 2008, 1:59 p.m.

We propped the poor bugger up on the Garbo chair, and walked him through all the steps: denial, acceptance of failure, and acceptance of his own shortcomings. I won't lie: there were tears, and man hugging.

Way ahead of you on the repairs…we stopped off at the Long Horn, got some olive oil salad dressing, lubed up the race, and were good to go. I now have one of those little plastic salad dressing containers in my camelback, next to the rebar, just in case.

I can't tell you- not here, not this way. Stop asking.

July 25, 2008, 2:04 p.m.

HIBuLlitT,

If you have ever skiied both mountains, you'd know what I mean. On a great, clear winter day…man, it's endless.

Typically I could care less about A-Line. My care is up top, where I was hoping for a No Joke replacement, or another big line. None to be had.

The poor maintenance on A-Line (and it's bad, way worse than I've ever seen) is merely an indication that they aren't keeping care like they used to. But again, A-Line, fo me, isn't a factor in my bike park pass purchase decision. Garbo is.

But, I'm picky…there are so many places to go around here to get great riding. Garbo is just easy due to the lift.

July 25, 2008, 2:21 p.m.

We propped the poor bugger up on the Garbo chair, and walked him through all the steps: denial, acceptance of failure, and acceptance of his own shortcomings. I won't lie: there were tears, and man hugging.

Way ahead of you on the repairs…we stopped off at the Long Horn, got some olive oil salad dressing, lubed up the race, and were good to go. I now have one of those little plastic salad dressing containers in my camelback, next to the rebar, just in case.

I can't tell you- not here, not this way. Stop asking.

I can picture him on that chair having a moment. Good on you for taking him through it.

You could have also packed those pivots with french fries…it helps keep the muck out and lubricates the pivot at the same time. I think they might come from the factory that way?