NBR Whistler - River of GD beta

July 19, 2016, 4:05 p.m.

The family will be up there for August long weekend. Thinking of trying to run the river with the family. Me and the 4 year old in a 10' kayak, wife in an 8' kayak, and the 9 and 6 year olds in their little sit-on kayaks. Does this sounds like a stupid idea!? Scoped it out last year and looked like fun. Put in at Rainbow and take out at Meadow Park. Thanks!

July 19, 2016, 5:54 p.m.

yeah should be fine. Often at that time of the year the water level is low, but this year has been cooler so more gradual snow melt i assume.
I would recommend going early to avoid the crowds of party people, but it all comes down to luck.

July 19, 2016, 6:11 p.m.

I'm pretty sure you have to buy a bunch of inflatable Explorer's and then leave all the garbage in a park. And be completely wasted.

July 20, 2016, 8:48 a.m.

yeah should be fine. Often at that time of the year the water level is low, but this year has been cooler so more gradual snow melt i assume.
I would recommend going early to avoid the crowds of party people, but it all comes down to luck.

One of the advantages of having kids (I guess) that we'll be on the water well before the yahoos. Thanks!

July 20, 2016, 8:48 a.m.

I'm pretty sure you have to buy a bunch of inflatable Explorer's and then leave all the garbage in a park. And be completely wasted.

So no issues with cops if I tuck a few brews inside the kayak? I heard something about people getting busted last year.

July 20, 2016, 10:33 a.m.

go early , and use discretion with regards to the beers . . . should not have a problem .

the problem is the yobs who think it is their right to get as drunk as they can , be as loud as they want and ruin or disturb everyone elses' experience . . . those are the guys who should get busted , and they only have themselves to blame for the increased presence of johnny law .