National > Detroit Rock City

Aug. 19, 2005, 3:50 p.m.

Nationals Course (DRC) is tech as hell and gnarly gnar gnar.

The first rock garden will seperate the men from the boys, it has erroded so bad the left line is gone and the drop off the ladder is gnar. Miss that and it will leave a mark fo' shizzle.

The next tech section IMO would be the horizontal log across the trail after the rockface to step up. It can be slick and the corner after it can be tech.

The off-camber shale is no easy ride after that either.

The run takes on a whole different face in the wet.

Good luck SHOREIH. Let us know how it turns out.

Bring your A-Game or your medical card…

:beer:

:lol: oh shit, thanks Jay………I think i might just stick to whistler dh, and be content im not on b-line :P

Aug. 19, 2005, 5:11 p.m.

You should defantly try it, that first rock garden is the hardest part, the ladder drop into it is super super gay, and really eroded now, its not much fun, just go to the left and inch your way down. It is a tech trail but most people can make it down. Defantly worth trying, just take it easy and maybe stop and scout lines. Jay described it well, but it is relatively low consequences, the hard part is slow. Ive bailed on it and never really got hurt. The rock face is super fun, just go with someone whos done it all ready, it is intimidating but very smooth. check it out someday.

Aug. 20, 2005, 9 a.m.

Agree, Jay oversold it a bit. It's tech, but on a gnar scale, there are much harder trails on the hill. Goats Gully is gnar.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Aug. 20, 2005, 9:46 a.m.

the first rock garden looks worse than it is… its amazing what the bike can soak up… so, ShoreIH, don't be turned away - at least go check it out.

Aug. 20, 2005, 8:47 p.m.

I love that trail, it is my favorite trail on the moutain by far.

schleyer to the joyride rock drop/roll to schleyer to the DRC is the best lrun on the moutain.

Kyle,

"Jesus Christ, This should be an event motherfcker, Chinese downhill fcking slalom" - DO'D on the Crankworx berm busting session on the slalom course

Aug. 21, 2005, 9:58 a.m.

If the rock face was any steeper it'ed be overhung :)
No give it a go I rode it once ,except the rock .Wasn't my faveroite but good to see