Lost D3 in Lot 1 (I think)

July 25, 2014, 9:42 p.m.

Anyone know if Whistler has a lost and found?

I have lost my yellow pinstripe 2013 helmet tonight and I think I left it on the back of my truck and drove off in Lot 1.

If someone found it and they were the kinda person to think someone might be pretty upset they lost it, where would they take it?

Thanks

July 25, 2014, 9:59 p.m.

craigslist?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 25, 2014, 10:07 p.m.

guest services by the gondola maybe?

July 26, 2014, 10:09 a.m.

Anyone know if Whistler has a lost and found?

I have lost my yellow pinstripe 2013 helmet tonight and I think I left it on the back of my truck and drove off in Lot 1.

If someone found it and they were the kinda person to think someone might be pretty upset they lost it, where would they take it?

Shitty. Maybe try the Whistler Summer 2014 group on Facebook? Lots of lost-and-found posts there, although I haven't seen anything about a helmet:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/135113523325708/

July 26, 2014, 3 p.m.

also whistler mountain bike buy and sell and whistler downhill facebook groups maybe a good option

July 26, 2014, 4:49 p.m.

I hope you find your helmet.

However I am not sure I would trust a helmet that fell off the back of a truck onto concrete possibly at speed!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

July 26, 2014, 6:22 p.m.

Hey guys thanks for the tips. Turns out I left it sitting on a ledge outside the Solomon store as it was spotted there by someone who figured someone would be back for it. Seems it was not handed in though. But I will try the others suggestions thanks guys.
Very expensive mistake in a moment of tiredness.

July 26, 2014, 8:32 p.m.

Is it generally sweaty and smelly at the end of a day in the bike park? Mine is. My TLD is getting pretty rancid and will be replaced in the off season. I can't think anyone in their right mind would covet a helmet that smells like some dude's sweaty head. I no longer tenderly clean the liner or examine my helmet for scratches and chips. Hopefully it will show up somewhere like in a lost and found.

July 26, 2014, 9:01 p.m.

I've been throwing my liner and cheek pads in the washing machine with all my other riding gear for years.

July 26, 2014, 9:07 p.m.

I've been throwing my liner and cheek pads in the washing machine with all my other riding gear for years.

You are setting yourself up for a liner/cheek pad heist.

July 27, 2014, 8:40 a.m.

Is it generally sweaty and smelly at the end of a day in the bike park? Mine is. My TLD is getting pretty rancid and will be replaced in the off season. I can't think anyone in their right mind would covet a helmet that smells like some dude's sweaty head. I no longer tenderly clean the liner or examine my helmet for scratches and chips. Hopefully it will show up somewhere like in a lost and found.

It was nearly brand new. Still hasn't been returned to lost and found or anywhere else in the area. I guess someone figures it's better to get a free helmet that probably doesn't fit (x-small) than to help a fellow rider out. But hopefully I'm wrong and it will show up at lost and found today.

Here'a a karma story in case the person who found it is reading. I found a wallet when I was a teenager and decided to keep it. It had ID in it, and it belonged to Donna Trewenack. I kept if for the pittance of $6 that was in it and the ID that I sold to a friend for $20 to use as fake ID to get into pubs when we were 17. It contained many pieces of ID that would have been a total pain in the ass for poor Donna to replace. A few months later, I lost my own wallet on a bus and it contained about $100. My dad suggested he phone the transit lost and found, so he grabbed the phone book and opened it up to what was around "T" for Transit. It opened directly on the first try to the page that had Trewenack at the top of the page (each page had an index name in bold at the top that was the first name listed on that page). I almost barfed and fainted. I don't typically believe in voodoo stuff, but the combined odds of that name even being the one that would be the index name, along with actually opening directly to that page, at the moment my dad was trying to retrieve my own lost wallet, is all to much for me to believe I wasn't being sent a message. So in the years since I have gone way out of my way to return things I have found, including a wallet in Whistler Village, so hopefully my karma is now in the black and I get my helmet back from someone who want's to keep theirs in the black as well.

July 27, 2014, 9:17 a.m.

Its probably because you have been bitching about WBP lately ;)

Hope you find it.

Have you checked the local stores, restaurants etc near to where you left it? Someone may have handed it in there and its not found its way to the appropriate lost and found yet.

July 27, 2014, 12:37 p.m.

Found! Thanks so much to the very kind person who handed it in.
Stoked!

July 27, 2014, 12:37 p.m.

Nice! Someone on the DH page find you?

July 27, 2014, 12:38 p.m.

Was at the pan pacific. But seems it may have been handed in later as they said the didn't have it yesterday but I thought I'd try again. Glad I did!!

Thanks everyone for all the advice here.