Looking to rent a condo for 3 months in/near Whistler in summer 2015

Oct. 25, 2014, 1:39 a.m.

As my Google Fu is obviously lacking, all I can find is short term holiday rentals.

My wife [HTML_REMOVED] I are looking to spend 3 months in the Whistler region next summer [HTML_REMOVED] want to rent somewhere to live. it doesn't seem as easy as the UK to find such a place!

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find such a place? Is it something that I need to deal with a letting agency (I guess a realtor to you guys).

We're looking for a reasonable place, neither a palace, or a dump - the only thing we really need is a net connection so I can continue to do some work whilst out there.

Can anyone help?

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Oct. 25, 2014, 7:48 a.m.

Have you tried air bnb?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Oct. 25, 2014, 10:13 a.m.

http://classifieds.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/long-term-accommodations/search

Oct. 25, 2014, 10:27 a.m.

3 months is a tough amount of time. I've not really heard of that happening much, other than picking up a sublet, especially if you are looking for a 1 bedroom rather than a share house.
Check craigslist (http://whistler.craigslist.ca/) but I wouldnt bother until April/May.
Most realtors in Whistler don't even bother with the rental market

Oct. 26, 2014, 1:07 p.m.

Thanks for the suggestions, airbnb is throwing up some sensibly priced ideas, just trying to put some plans in place for a bit of a work sabbatical for myself [HTML_REMOVED] wife.

Looks like it could be a plan!

Oct. 26, 2014, 4:23 p.m.

Another option is to hit up allura direct and negotiate with some of the people there.

Oct. 26, 2014, 11:27 p.m.

Our family did a similar thing a few years ago for 2 back to back summers….I believe we set it up through Peak to green accommodations.

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Oct. 28, 2014, 1:32 p.m.

Vrbo.com might help as well.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Feb. 18, 2015, 6:50 a.m.

Just as a little update [HTML_REMOVED] a few further questions…

Looks like we're set to go, got a place by the bottom of the Wizard's Chair so close enough to town - just trying to put everything in place for when we go.

Looks like we're coming out mid July [HTML_REMOVED] will be there for just under 3 months.

We spent a few weeks out there last summer, and have a reasonable understanding of where stuff is, and rode a reasonable amount of the valley trails when there, but we don;t just want to be tourists with bikes, would like to get a bit more involved [HTML_REMOVED] ride some more stuff.

I guess we should join WORCA, so we can do a few other bits, like the Toonie's etc. Are most of the valley trails on their phone app, or is there a whole world of hidden stuff out there too?

We've basically got all this time to ride, so want to see as much and make as much of it as possible.

I've got another entry for the EWS again this year, hoping i'll be a bit more acclimatised to the heat than last year!

Feb. 26, 2015, 11:38 p.m.

one of the few that has an EWS entry…

Feb. 27, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

definitely join worca, so many events going on that you'll be able to participate in and you'll get to meet lots of people, the trail days aren't as well attended but I find it's a way better avenue to actually get to meet and know new people. the trailmapps app is pretty up to date as far as trail maps go, there's some other 'hidden' or lesser known trails around, but probably not as many as people expect.

Feb. 27, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

If you have a vehicle to get up there, check out Pemberton and Pemberton Valley Trails Association too:
http://pembertontrails.com/

March 2, 2015, 11:04 p.m.

one of the few that has an EWS entry…

So it seems. I enjoyed it last year, even if I suffered in the heat, and the lack of water available for the first 3 stages. Never had to refill my camelbak twice in a ride before [HTML_REMOVED] still end empty :)

Will get onto WORCA when we get there too.

We do plan on doing some exploring too, so will try [HTML_REMOVED] hit up some other areas.

March 5, 2015, 7:43 a.m.

The riding in Squamish is epic, as well. Buy the app and you're set to go.

Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever.