Lacondeguy wins....

Aug. 17, 2008, 12:04 p.m.

mcdermott deserved the win. I dont think lacondeguy would even deserve second. His run wasn't that good. my ranking would have been…

1. Mcdermott
2. Mccaul
3. Semenuk
4. Lacondeguy

I would disagree. I thought, for the first time ever, that the outcome was correct.

I do think, overall, McDermott's runs always seemed to score low. I thought he was in first almost every round but he always scored badly. He ended up in second which was where I thought was where he should have, after Lacondeguy's run.

In the end, the other runs don't count in the final, so regardless of how well or poor someone should have or would have done, the final is what counts. At least thats how I think I heard the loud mouth announce it. If thats the case, other rounds don't count, he can be smooth 800 runs in a row, if the proverbial "he" doesn't nail it last run, it doesn't count worth beans. Maybe someone who knows more about the judging can clarify :)

Overall crankworx review - best media coverage, finally, it took them long enough to get proper coverage of the entire set of events. The top runs were some of the best all time and the last hit fun to watch. :)

Aug. 17, 2008, 2:03 p.m.

I would disagree. I thought, for the first time ever, that the outcome was correct.

my thoughts exactly

Aug. 17, 2008, 3:02 p.m.

Sickest Crankworkx EVER
Lacondeguy threw a sick run, that double backflip blew my mind!
I think the flip on, front flip was off the hook and was defintely worth a first place.
Semenuk was throwing down, by far the most dialed tricks and smoothest.
I know one thing, it would have sucked to judge that comp.

LMM :thepimp:

believe it or not… I read a lot. big books too.

Aug. 17, 2008, 4:36 p.m.

Maybe I'm naiive and mayble this is crazy, but what about a tie? Both the double-back and the flip on flip off deserved first place in my opinion. Give it to them both.

Ya, and I agree. Would have sucked being a judge for this one. Hard to call.

At the end of it all, it was a great comp, great course, great coverage. My hats off to all of the competitors. Way to give the crowd a fantasic show!!!

Aug. 17, 2008, 6:43 p.m.

Sickest Crankworkx EVER
Lacondeguy threw a sick run, that double backflip blew my mind!
I think the flip on, front flip was off the hook and was defintely worth a first place.
Semenuk was throwing down, by far the most dialed tricks and smoothest.
I know one thing, it would have sucked to judge that comp.

Agreed loved the course and Gully threw down some off the hook corks in qualifying but didn't make er To Bad kid.
Awsome to watch regardless of the outcome.

Aug. 17, 2008, 7:03 p.m.

The comp was killer this year!! Adreau throwing down a double backflip, super flip and then a massive extended superman off the final drop was nuts. Brandon's run was killer too. It seemed like he did almost every trick in the book and nailed them perfectly. Mcdermot's run was bad ass with his front flip off but he lacked the variation of a 1st place winner. McCaul's was nuts also with some massive moves.

I really enjoyed the course this year with good amount of hits and variations. It was cool to see so many guys heading back to the road gap side after so many years.

The way i see it, a toss up for andreau and bandon for fist, pure balls compared to what seemed like technical perfection.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Aug. 17, 2008, 7:39 p.m.

Andreu's double back was pretty sick but mcdermott's back on front off the kokanee was so much sicker. Brandon was a solid third.

What about Cam Zink's 3 off the monster drop?? That was burly.

http://kamloopsbikes.blogspot.com

Aug. 17, 2008, 7:47 p.m.

did anyone get the double flip on video? that'd clear things up, or at least prove quite entertaining…

Aug. 17, 2008, 8:19 p.m.

yeah, I generally don't like the slopestyley, but last night's riding was very impressive! so many rad moves!

Aug. 17, 2008, 8:25 p.m.

people are saying the double flip and the flip on front flip of deserve the win. but those where just 1 or 2 tricks in a whole run. in my opinion mcdermots run had more diversity, lacondeguy's had 3 mabey 4 (i cant remember how many) backsflips, and i think diversity in tricks is underated i hate seeing the exact same tricks twice in one run.

Aug. 17, 2008, 9:10 p.m.

The double backflip was awesome…and I give him props for trying it over and over…and then landing it when it counts…but I really like McCauls and Mcdermott's runs as well….very hard to judge.

The only negative for me was Brad….the announcer….again. He just grates me the wrong way….and messed up a lot. I watched it online and the chat box was super annoying as well….ugh…I just want to watch the event not read a what a bunch of morons have to say.

Aug. 17, 2008, 9:49 p.m.

Dont forget that Lacondeguy also 3'd the just after the salad bowl and took a burly line between the satelite dishes that not many people did.

Aug. 17, 2008, 10:52 p.m.

Dont forget that Lacondeguy also 3'd the just after the salad bowl and took a burly line between the satelite dishes that not many people did.

Agreed. I hate the little tosser but he's got a lot of balls. He went a good few feet higher out of double after the banana than anyone. Plus front flips look crap :)

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Aug. 17, 2008, 11:39 p.m.

All in all it was highly entertaining, and they are all winners just for taking part. Like the Canadian Olympic team. ;)

Also, it plopped all over last year's XC traversing plus monster huck contest. That's for sure.

Aug. 17, 2008, 11:58 p.m.

people are saying the double flip and the flip on front flip of deserve the win. but those where just 1 or 2 tricks in a whole run. in my opinion id like to see runs that dont just includ flips and a few other tricks. i think haing diversity in tricks, and decent tricks on almost every hit, is underated. i hate seeing the exact same tricks twice in one run.

..fixed after watching replays