Kids phat Wednesday race series?

Sept. 3, 2014, 7:27 a.m.

If you are planning on riding Whistler or Squamish this Saturday, be prepared to wait a while. There will be long delays and road closures due to the RBC Whistler Gran Fondo.

See http://granfondowhistler.com/about-event/traffic-impacts

Yeah this is stopping us from bringing the boy up for this last race. :(

I think it's great WBP is setting up the series, but they picked some shit days for people who aren't locals (gran fondo as mentioned above and another race during the ironman).

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Sept. 3, 2014, 12:57 p.m.

Thanks Yellow… Fondo is always so insane. Especially because it nukes lots 4 and 5.

I just rode Ninja to Samurai and got behind a DFX group. Man… There are some serious 24" wheel sucking bomb holes on there right now. Saw two groms go down. I wonder if that is on the trail repair roster before throwing the kids down it on Saturday?

Sept. 7, 2014, 12:13 p.m.

Well, that's $5 well spent. The boy loved getting the number plate, "training" the run over the morning, then riding a closed course without dad in front or behind. All of this, and he won a Dakine jersey as a draw prize. :rocker:

Sadly, we will never know his result, which was the only disappointment for him. There was a timing glitch for some of the racers (heard there was a generator issue at the bottom) for some kids, and then other kids ate up their gap pretty quickly and caught the rider in front and could not pass (my son caught the rider in front and trailed her through Samurai Pizza Cat to the finish). They fixed this later, but that may have messed up the timing??? Oh well… he got over it with the jersey and Powerade.

I timed him on two training runs and if he did the same, he'd have likely been 4th or 5th in the 9/10 year old category… so he'd have been happy with that for his first race behind kids like Jackson. He had a totally clean race run until he caught up to the prior rider.

Will definitely try to do more of the series next year. HOpefully with the bugs worked out. Great the WB is supporting kids' racing.