Just a reminder to all you HOT DOGS out there!

May 22, 2009, 1:10 p.m.

yeaaah thats a good point, but I pretty much always stop and pull over on the side of the trail and count 20 seconds or so before dropping back in if possible. If they hear me coming close behind, and are courteous to pull over, then I will say thanks and pass by. But I would never come up and rip past by surprise because I remember what it was like when I was just learning how to ride the park and how freaked out I would be by speedsters.

http://www.whistlermountainbike.com
http://www.motionmtb.com/

May 22, 2009, 3:04 p.m.

I only pass people on the roller coaster on clownshoes…sometimes I'll huck over
someone who's doing the little drop there too….

Oh, wait that was a dream I had the other day, I've never actually rode CS never mind.

Seriously though, how many times have you seen someone up ahead of you
a bit on A-line go right around the rock drop and you go off the rock drop
even though you know it's going to be close, but you go for it anyway and
just kinda hope you two don't collide on the merge?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

May 22, 2009, 6:05 p.m.

CIU and HOD are running spectacularly right now; I see this thread living at least another week :)

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

May 22, 2009, 9:37 p.m.

I only pass people on the roller coaster on clownshoes…sometimes I'll huck over
someone who's doing the little drop there too….

Oh, wait that was a dream I had the other day, I've never actually rode CS never mind.

Seriously though, how many times have you seen someone up ahead of you
a bit on A-line go right around the rock drop and you go off the rock drop
even though you know it's going to be close, but you go for it anyway and
just kinda hope you two don't collide on the merge?

its nice and wide right there, cause its happened to me a few times…

mtbskierdad

May 23, 2009, 1:52 a.m.

Funny, I have read a lot of the comments in this thread, and it seems as if such behavior is not only limited to Whistler but apparently "en vogue" with the a**holes even over here.

This is one of the reasons why I do not really like bike parks any more…too many guys who think they are rockstars and have the right of way…

Maybe Seb Kemp has an answer to the problems? Seriously, in one of his latest columns in Dirt he complained about the fact that a lot of riders seem to be no longer in for the ride but for the "I'm first" kinda thing…and these folks therefore forget the simple fact why they started in the first place.

If I experience something like some of you mentioned above, I can become pretty mean.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

May 23, 2009, 10:49 a.m.

Funny, I have read a lot of the comments in this thread, and it seems as if such behavior is not only limited to Whistler but apparently "en vogue" with the a**holes even over here.

This is one of the reasons why I do not really like bike parks any more…too many guys who think they are rockstars and have the right of way…

Maybe Seb Kemp has an answer to the problems? Seriously, in one of his latest columns in Dirt he complained about the fact that a lot of riders seem to be no longer in for the ride but for the "I'm first" kinda thing…and these folks therefore forget the simple fact why they started in the first place.

If I experience something like some of you mentioned above, I can become pretty mean.

Yah when Jah comes to town that shit better settle down or they're going to face the DEMON.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

May 23, 2009, 10:52 a.m.

Yah when Jah comes to town that shit better settle down or they're going to face the DEMON.

:lol: Actually I think I am quite a pleasent character….and it is very hard to really piss me off, but what I do not like is when other people disrespect or do not care about other folks safety and health.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

May 23, 2009, 9:28 p.m.

I had a guy chew on my back tire last year on HOD because I was going too slow for his liking, when in fact I was trying not to pressure the poor girl who was in front of me on this blue run. I stopped my bike, blocked his path and asked him what his problem was? He yelled at me for going too slow and I told him it was a blue run. He followed me all the way into the lift line to continue to yell at me and call me names, until his own buddy had to tell him to shut up. Shameful behaviour. grow up. Would this guy behave this way at the Timmy's line up? maybe
Anyway, my point is that it sheds a bad light on Whistler and mountain bikers in general. Don't scare off the newbs with shoddy manners, they're the ones who will likely spend the most money in the short run and help keep your precious mountain running.

:canada: :swiss:

May 23, 2009, 9:38 p.m.

Okay I didnt read the whole post however one thing that pisses me off.

If you are going to pass me, DO NOT STOP 5 minutes down the trail and let me infront of you only to pass me again!!!

/rant

PS was a great day in the park today!!!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

May 23, 2009, 9:51 p.m.

I had a guy chew on my back tire last year on HOD because I was going too slow for his liking, when in fact I was trying not to pressure the poor girl who was in front of me on this blue run. I stopped my bike, blocked his path and asked him what his problem was? He yelled at me for going too slow and I told him it was a blue run. He followed me all the way into the lift line to continue to yell at me and call me names, until his own buddy had to tell him to shut up. Shameful behaviour. grow up. Would this guy behave this way at the Timmy's line up? maybe
Anyway, my point is that it sheds a bad light on Whistler and mountain bikers in general. Don't scare off the newbs with shoddy manners, they're the ones who will likely spend the most money in the short run and help keep your precious mountain running.

Wow, that guy is a total fucktard. If someone yelled at my wife like that and followed
her to the lift line, he'd get a false cracked for sure.

If you're on a blue run because that's your level, then there should be no issues.
If you're on it as a warm up/cool down or you just want a mellow run then what's
the rush? If you're on it because you "own" that trail, you "rock it" (or whatever),
and it inflates your ego and makes you think your dick is bigger, and you come
up on a person that's "pushing" their limit and start yelling at them….you-are-a-prick.

May 23, 2009, 10:20 p.m.

Maybe a few park passes will have to be pulled in order to take care of this problem.

Thread killer

May 23, 2009, 10:38 p.m.

Maybe a few park passes will have to be pulled in order to take care of this problem.

I think the problem is that these things need to get reported first. I think a lot
of people that ride the blue trails and have this kind of thing happen to them will
either a) get right back in that persons face and that's the end of it or b) they're
too intimidated to talk back let alone tell someone (and then know who to tell).

Keep in mind these things may be "common" knowledge for most of us, but for
the noob that's hitting b-line or golden triangle this may very well be only a handful
of times they have EVER ridden a mtb.

Maybe a big sign that reminds people of that? I'm not sure what the answer
really is, but it shouldn't happen at all. FCS we're all out there to have fun, aren't
we? Maybe ban tapout shirts and hats from the park area.

May 23, 2009, 10:41 p.m.

in order to pull a pass they have to be "caught" in the act of doing something stupid ie. by a patrol or staff member, otherwise they won't take one word against another, not that this is right but its fact….

mtbskierdad

May 23, 2009, 10:46 p.m.

undercover patrollers going slower on green and blue trails

May 23, 2009, 10:51 p.m.

in order to pull a pass they have to be "caught" in the act of doing something stupid ie. by a patrol or staff member, otherwise they won't take one word against another, not that this is right but its fact….

You'd think if someone is that much of a douche, they'll repeat offend. Maybe
a talking to from park staff is all that's needed, if they keep getting people complain
about the same person, maybe something more needs to be done?