Just a reminder to all you HOT DOGS out there!

May 19, 2009, 4:34 p.m.

:lol: nice edit

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 19, 2009, 4:45 p.m.

Racer epidemic. Have we found a cure yet?

more races

dedicated freelap trails

May 19, 2009, 4:51 p.m.

:lol: nice edit

:fu:

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

May 19, 2009, 6:34 p.m.

I don't think theres ever going to be a solution to this problem. I lived up there over the summer last year, and some of the shit I saw people do was ridiculous. Chasing them down and giving them shit when they stop seems to be pretty effective.

One thing I've learned after living there though, is it's easier to just not pass people. I passed a girl and her boyfriend on A-line once, on the flatout shale section, called out on their left, but either I didn't yell loud enough, or they were too focused on what they were doing. So I passed on their left, gave them a good amount of room to try and not scare them, and was greated with a nice volley of "fuck you"s and "son of a bitch!". So we get down to the start of the bikercross/boneyard, and this girl starts going off on me, not letting me get a word in or apologize for scaring her, so in I guess, more of a gut reaction, not a logical one, I said "sorry, but maybe you should ride trails that aren't over your heads"(I passed sitting down), All of a sudden her boyfriend jumps off his bike, drops his helmet and starts running towards me saying he was going to kill me, that kind of bullshit, so I was just like, fuck that, and took off down the giant slalom.

2 seconds later, a rock half the size of my head flew past my head close enough that I heard it. I headed down to the bottom where one of my friends was validating, told her, and got a patroller as well, but the moron never showed up at the bottom.

Now I can understand being pissed, but throwing a rock with the intention of severly hurting someone? what the fuck dude.

So yea, I don't pass now, I just use it as a good time to relax a little, and only pass if they pull off and tell me to. It's not a race run.

May 19, 2009, 7:02 p.m.

One guy sprinted after and snaked me right where the single track starts. I went down damn hard.

They never caught me. I tell that story at the start of every Whistler ride to get everybody laughing.

"It's, like, so much fun."

May 19, 2009, 7:13 p.m.

Ya know its funny, Been riding in the park since 2001 (or 2000 i cant exactly remember) and i don't think I've ever come across the obnoxious fucks that you guys have. Was just now talking with GF about it, she's never had a problem either,. Just this weekend she had a miscomunication with a kid on HOD and he clipped her passing, (she said he did call out, they just got their wires crossed) and they both went down. I was waiting at the bottom and she came down and told me about it, said they both got up, chuckled and went about their rides. Last year I accidently clipped a kid on CIU who was stopped, then darted onto the trail as I was going past, it took me out actually and I laughed it off. I also "stupidly" brake checked once on that little step up into the clearing at the end of dirt merchant last year and a guy following me ran right into the back of me mid air and we laughed it off right after. These are ones I can remember but after each a smile, and a big "I'm sorry" has prevented any problems.
I actually find most up in Whistler pretty chill on the trails.

May 19, 2009, 7:26 p.m.

Ya know its funny, Been riding in the park since 2001 (or 2000 i cant exactly remember) and i don't think I've ever come across the obnoxious fucks that you guys have. Was just now talking with GF about it, she's never had a problem either,. Just this weekend she had a miscomunication with a kid on HOD and he clipped her passing, (she said he did call out, they just got their wires crossed) and they both went down. I was waiting at the bottom and she came down and told me about it, said they both got up, chuckled and went about their rides. Last year I accidently clipped a kid on CIU who was stopped, then darted onto the trail as I was going past, it took me out actually and I laughed it off. I also "stupidly" brake checked once on that little step up into the clearing at the end of dirt merchant last year and a guy following me ran right into the back of me mid air and we laughed it off right after. These are ones I can remember but after each a smile, and a big "I'm sorry" has prevented any problems.
I actually find most up in Whistler pretty chill on the trails.

hey john, you forgot to attach the "this post sponsored by the whislter biker park" banner

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 19, 2009, 8:08 p.m.

more cowbell

Come on, express yourself!

May 19, 2009, 8:17 p.m.

more cowbell

I got a fever and the only prescription is….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4royOLtvmQ

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

May 19, 2009, 9:49 p.m.

The last time I rode Whistler was cough02cough. Sad I know.

Sounds like I'm in for some culture shock. At least I got to rip A-line all to myself many times over the two days of riding.

All of my riding buds hate A-line. To me it's the most fun I've ever had. EVER

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

May 19, 2009, 9:55 p.m.

The last time I rode Whistler was cough02cough. Sad I know.

Sounds like I'm in for some culture shock. At least I got to rip A-line all to myself many times over the two days of riding.

All of my riding buds hate A-line. To me it's the most fun I've ever had. EVER

One trip down goats gully, and you'll never go back to Aline.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

May 19, 2009, 10:07 p.m.

One trip down goats gully, and you'll never go back to Aline.

I'm hearing good things. :D

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

May 19, 2009, 10:11 p.m.

Don't forget the Troy Lee clown suit fashion parades.

haha

May 19, 2009, 10:15 p.m.

more cowbell

flawless

May 19, 2009, 10:26 p.m.

its hard to pass all you ass clowns when my bars are 800mm wide

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.