Just a reminder to all you HOT DOGS out there!

May 17, 2009, 7:57 p.m.

With a minimum of trail selection right now, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Crank It Up and Heart of Darkness are a BLUE level trail. To be courteous to the lower level riders on these trails so as to avoid the carnage that happened to my buddy and I today.

We're not noobs to Whistler, so we know the rules of etiquette and so on but we don't boost big air and race each other down the mountain at all cost. Just between Crank It Up and HOD this young (to me) guy comes whistling by me, which is fine, I move over and let him pass, he continues on and catches my buddy on the big table of HOD, and yells at him "on you left" while dropping in on the final big berm. So as he goes high side on him on the berm, I guess coming back to the middle he nudges my buddy and causes him to slide sideways. I suppose he panicked a little bit, but still. He jammed on brakes a slide down the trail into my path. I must have hit his back wheel or something, next thing I know I'm eating dirt. On my flyby I must have nailed him hard enough to break his visor. Thank God for Fullface helmet or I'd be missing more than a few chiclets.

I'm sure the guy didn't know what he had done, or maybe he did and didn't care! Anyways, he didn't stop but kharma points to the young lad that did. He made sure other bikers stayed clear until we got our heads on straight.

So PLEASE, all you young hot shots out there, go ahead and get crazy all you want on ALine but when on the Blue Level trails show a little more patience and common courtesy. End of RANT!

May 17, 2009, 8:15 p.m.

I totally agree with you, that's rough. BUT, let's keep this the only thread of it's kind for the entire season if possible haha.

http://www.whistlermountainbike.com
http://www.motionmtb.com/

May 17, 2009, 8:27 p.m.

the smelly horse carcass is down the street if you wanna beat on it a little….and it only took 2 days for the first thread like this …

mtbskierdad

May 17, 2009, 8:38 p.m.

the smelly horse carcass is down the street if you wanna beat on it a little….and it only took 2 days for the first thread like this …

i thought it would take at least a week…

Loud Hubs Save Lives

May 17, 2009, 9:15 p.m.

Carcass? Hell, by now it should be ashes to ashes and dust to dust dead. BY now
it should be a gallon of crude oil.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

May 17, 2009, 10:07 p.m.

only took 1 day for a thread haha

May 17, 2009, 10:20 p.m.

only took 1 day for a thread haha

pretty normal really..

cept its usually a Aline specific thread..

but this thread does bring up a good point of people using lower difficulty trails as their personal hiway…

this must be a hard balancing act for Whistler.. how do u keep fun trails suited to the level of its signage..

HoD has def. become a much faster trail then it was originaly..yet it still lists as a lower difficulty trail…

not a easy situation…

May 17, 2009, 10:26 p.m.

My wife loves HOD, it's her favorite on the mountain, that and CIU a close second.
She doesn't like "mad air", but she enjoys her tire coming off the ground and
the turns in the trees. I'd hate to see that trail get a more difficult rating as my
wife would then have almost no reason to go to the park with me.

I also like those trails and know that when I come up on them, they may be pushing
their own limits and I slow down and wait for them to notice me and let me by.

BTW, my wife has never had the notion to go down Aline "just to see how it is".

Doh, I got sucked in again….

May 17, 2009, 10:28 p.m.

its always been on the fast guys to considerate of the slower ones, I myself caught a girl on Aline but she was going fast enough that I did not have to kill me speed to clear everything, she even asked if I wanted to pass but I chilled and let her rip, there's always next run….so fast guys be smart and considerate of your fellow riders….

mtbskierdad

May 17, 2009, 10:41 p.m.

wow, you must be really fast, catching a girl on a-line!

May 17, 2009, 11:03 p.m.

Hey Krusty, I'm the "young lad" that stopped. Glad you and your buddy were alright. hope the rest of the day was better!

May 17, 2009, 11:04 p.m.

I've quite a few girls at WBP that are faster than 95% of the guys I've ever seen
ride. I was behind one girl right at the start thinking "when can I pass her", when
we made that first right hander and she boosted off the first table and did a no
hander, I was glad I didn't open my mouth. I saw her later riding with a few other
girls down FT and they all kicked ass. Same thing, no-handers, whips, x-ups, I
never underestimate the girls.

Hell in the last couple races over here, most the expert girls kicked ALL of the
intermediate mens asses and a couple would have been top ten expert mens.

May 17, 2009, 11:06 p.m.

Hey Krusty, I'm the "young lad" that stopped. Glad you old men were alright. hope the rest of the day was better!

FYP :P

May 17, 2009, 11:36 p.m.

she was ripping, clearing all the tables, doing the drop, had a nice bum….lots of females out on bikes this weekend…good to see….

mtbskierdad

May 18, 2009, 1:10 a.m.

I was behind one girl right at the start thinking "when can I pass her", when
we made that first right hander and she boosted off the first table and did a no
hander, I was glad I didn't open my mouth. I saw her later riding with a few other
girls down FT and they all kicked ass. Same thing, no-handers, whips, x-ups,

oh that was me. i just have a feminine figure