is Whistler gangland

Jan. 11, 2018, 8:27 p.m.

a co-worker's daughter's boyfriend was stabbed in Whistler recently and needed surgery.  weird story but it sounds like he was essentially surprise attacked while responding to a girl asking for help. 

i've only been to the place 3 times ever and the only sense of gangs i got were the aussies.  i did hear about some young guy getting killed there a couple years ago but know nothing about it. the co-worker said it's a hang out for surrey gang types. 

i'm like, really? i've only ever gotten the sense that it was mostly filled with the young and sporty affluent peoples from across the globe, or the old and affluent peoples, etc.  you know the sporty and affluent gangs.

is W a place noted for violence and seedy peoples?

Jan. 11, 2018, 8:30 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

is W a place noted for violence and seedy peoples?

Well Reductimat lives there, so draw your own conclusions.

Jan. 11, 2018, 9:27 p.m.

Don’t fuck with me Syncro. I warned you never to show your face here again.

My heart needs to mend again before you can come back.

JBV, if you come weekdays, you win.

If you have to come weekends, don’t come this weekend or any other American long weekend (you’re safe for the most part, but it’s fucking annoying).  Don’t come here May-Long if you’re keen to go to the shitty underground clubs we have here.

If you’re like me and prefer being back at your pad by midnight/one on your big-night-out and you stick to above ground pubs, it doesn’t matter when you come.

Jan. 12, 2018, 7:59 a.m.

so are there gangs there?  or do gangsters come from other places in the LM to hang or party there and do criminal shit?

Jan. 12, 2018, 11:04 a.m.

I've got a friend who used to work at the delta hotel. Basically the bad crowd comes up from the valley on the weekends. And like ReductiMat says, it's especially bad on American holidays.

Jan. 12, 2018, 11:14 a.m.

But because they stay overnight at a hotel then thats OK with the mayor.

Jan. 12, 2018, 3:19 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Gangstas never brown-bag it!

Jan. 12, 2018, 5:24 p.m.

and they ski board and ride bikes?  this is what i thought everyone in W did and why they were there. so there's a whole contingent of weekenders who come to W to hang with other gang types and do crime. well who the fuck knew....

Jan. 12, 2018, 6:12 p.m.

On weekends, Whistler Village turns into Surrey-in-the-Mountains.

Jan. 12, 2018, 6:24 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Kieran, you nailed it! (Especially multiple night stays)

Jan. 12, 2018, 7:32 p.m.

and they ski board and ride bikes?  this is what i thought everyone in W did and why they were there. so there's a whole contingent of weekenders who come to W to hang with other gang types and do crime. well who the fuck knew....

As mentioned, they walk around the village until the wee hours and go underground to clubs.  If you don’t do that, they won’t exist.

Jan. 13, 2018, 10:16 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

As mentioned, they walk around the village until the wee hours and go underground to clubs.  If you don’t do that, they won’t exist.

are the clubs now allowed to open longer than 2am?

Jan. 13, 2018, 10:57 a.m.

That is a question I can’t answer.

I rarely stay out past midnight, and for the occasions I do I lose all semblance of time.

Jan. 13, 2018, 3:55 p.m.

^Naw bruh it's Canada.  We don't don't allow that nonsense. 

I can't recall seeing any gangstas riding WBP (besides Jordie Lunn.)  There's the odd Food-Court Gangstas sliding snow in the winter, but most of them seem to be channeling their inner- JP Walker/Tanner Hall.

Jan. 14, 2018, 9:09 p.m.

so this Surrey aspect referred to, does this mean Indian gang elements?  Sikhs, etc?