Is Crank it Up ever going to be finished??

May 24, 2006, 9:38 p.m.

Anybody know an ETA on when Crank it Up is supposed to be finished?? Its a great start to a trail, but I hate ending up on Fantastic (probably the lamest trail on the mountain). According to the maps, its supposed to go all the way to the Joyride jump park, and avoid having to ride Fantastic.

Hopefully early this year???

PS I am not dissing the trail crew at all …. you guys are the best and deserve the highest praise from all those who ride!

May 25, 2006, 9:44 a.m.

Fantastic is one of the more ironic trail names on the mountain…

May 25, 2006, 9:57 a.m.

it's just because it's the name of the ski run where trail is running on… and CIU is supposed to be done for july if my memory of the little piece of paper i could read last time is good…

WE DESIGN I WE BUILD = YOU ENJOY

May 25, 2006, 10:15 a.m.

Fantastic isn't the lamest trail on the mountain.

May 25, 2006, 11:16 a.m.

i like fantastic, nice easy rip

May 25, 2006, 11:37 a.m.

I like fantastic too, it's fun to haulass on! wideopen peeling!

May 25, 2006, 3:44 p.m.

maybe you dont like it cause u cant go super fast

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

May 25, 2006, 4:06 p.m.

maybe you dont like it cause u cant go super fast

Boy thats a mature response…the trail is easy to go fast on…doesn't mean it does suck. :) I actually love the top part…the bottom part is amongst the most beat up trail of any trail on the mountain.

May 25, 2006, 4:19 p.m.

Boy thats a mature response…the trail is easy to go fast on…doesn't mean it does suck. :) I actually love the top part…the bottom part is amongst the most beat up trail of any trail on the mountain.

I agree with you … the bottom is beat up and that is where Crank it Up shoots you out, its always channelled from water, hence why I call it the "worst" trail …… in terms of riding conditions. That just my opinion on the worst trail on the lower mountain …… not everybody has to agree. Maybe I should have said the "worst condition" trail. Is there a trail on the lower mountain that is in worst shape on more occassions than Fantastic ?????? I rarely ever ride it …. why would you with Schleyer and Upper Joyride right beside it??

May 25, 2006, 4:37 p.m.

I agree! Its the worst trail on the mountain. Could be better with some berms on the corners, some grooming, and some drainage, tho. Even with that, its just a switchback trail down a wide open swath.

There needs to be something on it to make it more interesting. Maybe some super-tight switchbacks with berms like on Lower Crippler opening up to wider spaced turns, then closing up again.

It just seems to be a waste to have a singletrack cutting back and forth across a ski trail.

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

May 25, 2006, 4:46 p.m.

What about take fantastic, smooth it out, berm the corners and make it a dual slalom course. That would be a sick connector and people of different abilities could ride it. They could only double berm the corners (is there a tech term for that?), keep the straighaways double track.

Heck I would be more than willing to take my shovel and help with the work… I have a nine to fiver… but would be willing to do it on weekends.

WorD!

www.steedcycles.com

May 25, 2006, 4:52 p.m.

Fantastic could use some drainage work, or better yet, just have some ladders/skinnies built above the flooded/muddy sections - good for riders/good for the trail and the environment.

May 25, 2006, 9:02 p.m.

i think u misunterstood, i like fantasic

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

May 25, 2006, 9:36 p.m.

What about take fantastic, smooth it out, berm the corners and make it a dual slalom course. That would be a sick connector and people of different abilities could ride it. They could only double berm the corners (is there a tech term for that?), keep the straighaways double track.

Heck I would be more than willing to take my shovel and help with the work… I have a nine to fiver… but would be willing to do it on weekends.

WorD!

I like your idea.:idea:

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

May 25, 2006, 10:04 p.m.

I look forward to more of Crank It Up, but I also like fantastic. Sure it's rutted out and beat to crap but that makes it awesome. I love ripping through that section, really tests your suspension. Building a dual course there or somewhere else would be sweet too. I don't think ladders or skinnys would suit that section at all.