If you had an hour to ride...

June 6, 2013, 2:51 p.m.

Just go do Khyber and apologise at the bottom.

this

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 6, 2013, 3:01 p.m.

While we're at it:
With minimal stops and a good pace how long to loop Young Lust/Comfortably Numb if I were to start at Lost Lake?

June 6, 2013, 3:08 p.m.

While we're at it:
With minimal stops and a good pace how long to loop Young Lust/Comfortably Numb if I were to start at Lost Lake?

Depends if you get lost on the way from Lost Lake and end up doing something off the Flank first, and then KMTM to get back to where you should have been. It could take hours.

June 6, 2013, 3:18 p.m.

shuttling stonebridge is mega lame….just sayin'

did someone actually mean to neg rep me for this? hahaha

June 6, 2013, 3:25 p.m.

great answer… let's try a different question on the assumption that I don't end up on the wrong side of the highway?

How long to Lost Lake on Comfortably Numb from start of Young Lust with minimal stops and good pace?

June 6, 2013, 3:48 p.m.

here's yummy/foreplay…prob hour and a half(ish) http://app.strava.com/segments/1692922

CN-[HTML_REMOVED]LL there are a few options, you can bail out at Jeff's trail down to GLL/S2S Trail about 20 minutes after bridge…there's also the golden door cutoff that cuts off the top loop of CN and sends you into foreplay a bit quicker…or you can do the full pull over the top…although I haven't done that in years.

June 6, 2013, 3:48 p.m.

I ride with my wife in the bike park every year. We do a lap together, then she chills out at the bottom people watching while I do a quick double black lap. I meet her at the bottom and do another run with her. Repeat as needed. That way she gets to ride, doesn't get too tired, and never has to wait too long for me. Have fun!

Scott

June 6, 2013, 4:50 p.m.

great answer… let's try a different question on the assumption that I don't end up on the wrong side of the highway?

How long to Lost Lake on Comfortably Numb from start of Young Lust with minimal stops and good pace?

Is Young Lust an uphill route? I had always thought it was a CN bailout only.

On the subject - CN is on my to-do list soon-ish. Guide books etc say "don't ride it alone". Any particular reason that it is different to other trails in this regard?

Cheers Ben

June 6, 2013, 4:59 p.m.

Is Young Lust an uphill route?

maybe as a (extra-sucky) hikeabike

Guide books etc say "don't ride it alone". Any particular reason that it is different to other trails in this regard?

its long and pretty remote. but, it is well signed and gets a lot of traffic in the high season, so if you are well prepared there's no reason you couldn't ride it solo

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 6, 2013, 11:26 p.m.

On the subject - CN is on my to-do list soon-ish. Guide books etc say "don't ride it alone". Any particular reason that it is different to other trails in this regard?

Cheers Ben

I think there is a distinct possibility of dying of boredom, so you'll need someone with you to pass on your bike to your next of kin.

It's been a long time since I've done any whistler 'XC' but I always used to enjoy going up Ricks Roost and then down Cat Scratch Fever / Mandatory Suicide and on down. No idea how those trails are these days, and I can't even see them on a couple of on-line maps I've just looked at. It was one of the shorter laps, but could be made longer with adding River Runs Through it if that sort of riding floats your boat.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 6, 2013, 11:30 p.m.

shuttling stonebridge is mega lame….just sayin'

Yes, shuttling Kadenwood is much better :D

Reminds me of my guiding days, although as an XC guide I was the sucker who had to ride uphill, while other people ended up driving fat Scousers up to skid down Big Timber.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 7, 2013, 9:37 a.m.

Speaking of Big Timber, I rode it for the first time in a while just recently, and man has it been beat down by the shuttle bugs, it doesn't necessarily ride bad, just different then I remembered it from a few years ago.

Yummy Numby - Foreplay - Grand Wazoo is the best bang for your buck if you have an hour and a half to ditch the wife and are meeting back in Lost Lake.

June 7, 2013, 10:33 a.m.

Speaking of Big Timber, I rode it for the first time in a while just recently, and man has it been beat down by the shuttle bugs, it doesn't necessarily ride bad, just different then I remembered it from a few years ago.

also just people opting for it after RDS over BT's since that is also a clusterpunched POS…

June 7, 2013, 5:20 p.m.

If you mean benched in better, ever so slightly wider and one optional jump built into the trail, then, yeah, totally beat to shit.

June 8, 2013, 8:38 a.m.

Whatever floats your boat but like I said, its not bad, just different from a few years ago. Benched in would be a good description. Shuttle and park traffic have that effect.