I wasnt there, but How was Whistler?

April 30, 2005, 10:58 p.m.

Just wondering what everyone thought of their first day up at whistler. Ill be getting up there soon enough, but for now, other people riding there and telling me about it will have to do due for now.
chad

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 1, 2005, 12:09 a.m.

outstanding…

when i say the trails were as DRY as august im not kidding….

only a few trails were closed but otherwise everything was open..

day was stellar and hella busy…

almost 2 hours from arrving to getting pass/Fitz lineup for first run…

but it was SO worth it…shook the rust off my A-line hibernation quite well…

now to get my Demo9 finished off and ride it next trip up.

May 1, 2005, 12:16 a.m.

It was awesome. My dad took me at 8:30 to get seasons passes and I got the 15th chair up. Everything was in awesome condition for opening day. I made 13 runs I think which was okay for me and I was able to ride all the trails I wanted except Crabapple Hits and Lower Whistler Downhill.

May 1, 2005, 1:14 a.m.

Damn work. i will try and book off for next weekend or the next. I want to get up there sooo badly

BATTLECAT

May 1, 2005, 7:15 a.m.

Time for a roadtrip in a month I must say.

Steve

www.tuchiwsky.com

May 1, 2005, 8:32 a.m.

time for a road trip today i must say

I was a little dissapointed actually just because all the stuff for sale was mostly for females, but I was able to pick up some "rocket power" which is like a tingiling balm for your peepee.

I was joking I'd probably never have sex with a hooker. I'm friends with a couple of the high up ones though…

May 1, 2005, 8:33 a.m.

Whistler was prime!

It was the best opening day in history - most of the lower trails are open, dry and buffed. A couple of minor minor wet spots on Dirt Merch, but that was it. So nice to be back - cannot wait for next weekend!

May 1, 2005, 8:52 a.m.

A bit of mud, but some areas were so dry they seemed almost dusty. Trails were in great shape and I had forgotten how much fun a day in the park can be.

May 1, 2005, 8:56 a.m.

it was so good, I was on first chair second down, the place was prime. Hope too see u all there on sunday.

Builder of Little Bastard

May 1, 2005, 9:06 a.m.

wow, it felt like there was no winter, ladeeda, here I am blasting down a-line again….

except I suck. I was off my bike so much this winter, i think i forgot how to ride styly…………………..it was kind of embarassing….lol

but I guess its like if your lousy at sex- practising is pretty fun.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

May 1, 2005, 10:06 a.m.

wow, it felt like there was no winter, ladeeda, here I am blasting down a-line again….

except I suck. I was off my bike so much this winter, i think i forgot how to ride styly…………………..it was kind of embarassing….lol

but I guess its like if your lousy at sex- practising is pretty fun.

Haha you should see me I am all over the map. I can't even table, let alone jump a bike. I need some good Aline runs for practice.
Steve

www.tuchiwsky.com

May 1, 2005, 10:23 a.m.

so good i dropped and bought a seasons.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

May 1, 2005, 10:31 a.m.

It's Whistler, even at its worst it's awesome. Conditions were great, the hour long wait for the season pass sucked. They should have some way to get it in advance, at very least if your a pass holder from last year.
If you do have last years pass take it with you it makes getting this years a little quicker, wish they had let people know that.
Enough bitching, Whistler is open. It doesn't get any better than that.

Sometimes, I fall down.

May 1, 2005, 12:08 p.m.

After a stint in the pass line up, it was 6 hours of smiling, going pedal, pedal, pedal, "wheeeeeeeeee", jump, "wheeeeeeeeee" followed by being tired, and when it was all over I had a beer.

Best opening day I've experienced in the BikePark.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

May 1, 2005, 12:17 p.m.

Which would be… tomorrow?

Wasn't your white demo 9 finished a while back? (minus your dream fork)

yeah thats the problem..

no fork curently… least not attached to the frame :dizzy: