I saw A Line's first victim.

May 3, 2005, 3:59 a.m.

On my third run down, there was a downed rider at the rock drop. Skid lid on a hard tail I think. Seemed to be out and I'm hoping he's alright.

If anyone knows Todd from Ladner, it looked like him at a quick glance - I didnt get a good look at all.

Regardless, healing vibes his way! :beer:

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 3, 2005, 10:20 a.m.

you didnt stop to make sure he was okay and didnt need anything?

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

May 3, 2005, 10:41 a.m.

you didnt stop to make sure he was okay and didnt need anything?

im sure he was already being taken care of. i dont see dave just leaving an unattended injured rider.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

May 3, 2005, 11:01 a.m.

okeee!

i have a soft spot for people who eat it hard (since i find my crashing habits are getting more and more painful) and always pull off the trail and check the rider out…but if whistler patrol were on the case, there is no reason for him to stop :)

ive seen people crash and others just ride on without making sure the rider down is okay…so i had to ask :)

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

May 3, 2005, 11:07 a.m.

okeee!

i have a soft spot for people who eat it hard (since i find my crashing habits are getting more and more painful) and always pull off the trail and check the rider out…but if whistler patrol were on the case, there is no reason for him to stop :)

ive seen people crash and others just ride on without making sure the rider down is okay…so i had to ask :)

i hear ya. ive seen it too.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

May 3, 2005, 11:18 a.m.

Yes, Healing Vibes Buddy.I know I should but I never wear a full face at Whistler. I'm thinking about getting a Switchblade, but my friend advised me against it saying that they're cheap and easy to break, I can't afford a Troy Lee Designs helmet, What do you think I should invest in?

May 3, 2005, 11:21 a.m.

What do you think I should invest in?

Bell Ballistic - around $110
Giro Mad Max II - around $175

just go to your LBS and try a bunch on and buy the one that fits the best and that you can afford.

May 3, 2005, 11:30 a.m.

I think I saw the guy…He rolled up on us just after it happened with his broken visor hanging off. "hey guys, is my face all messed up?" and he later passed me yelling "yay, full face helmets!" …so my guess he was fine.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

May 3, 2005, 3:12 p.m.

Yes, Healing Vibes Buddy.I know I should but I never wear a full face at Whistler. I'm thinking about getting a Switchblade, but my friend advised me against it saying that they're cheap and easy to break, I can't afford a Troy Lee Designs helmet, What do you think I should invest in?

buying a try lee is really just a fashion statement. just buy a bell or giro M.M. save the money and get the same protection…

May 3, 2005, 3:40 p.m.

havent u only ridden whistler like twice,is there much point buying one if your only purpose is to use at whistler and you never ride there?

May 3, 2005, 5:27 p.m.

dont get a switchblade because its not intended for dh/fr ride use.its more of a xc helmet with face protection.

my videos

May 3, 2005, 5:50 p.m.

havent u only ridden whistler like twice,is there much point buying one if your only purpose is to use at whistler and you never ride there?

if you've only been to Whistler once or twice, the probability of needing a FF is much higher.

iforonewelcome.com

May 3, 2005, 5:53 p.m.

ya man, dont get a switch blade, i went to mountain equipment co op and got a pretty sweet PRYME fullface. It resembles the NETTI but it doesn have the hugebulge at the back. I paid around 125. Its pretty generic but it looks good and is comfy, plus its tough. Its the helmet in my sig.

May 3, 2005, 6:02 p.m.

giro mad max's are very nice,

son of a stromatolite !

May 3, 2005, 9:54 p.m.

Yeah, agreed. Mad Max's are quite comfortable, nice looking, and solid.