I miss it...

Nov. 5, 2006, 3:23 p.m.

yes yes it is, I have family there and lots of freinds, and a job opening for cp rail also. I think I can still have the job, I hope. Bet ya money is not everything, u have to love life. I rather rent forever and have a smile then own a home and be stressed about paying it and not enjoying myself.

Builder of Little Bastard

Nov. 5, 2006, 4:49 p.m.

"and hey , the canadian mountain resorts should be staffed by canadians who are living the mountain life…."

Can Americans live this life? If so I would like to fill a position.

Nov. 5, 2006, 5:33 p.m.

hell yeah stacy and jeff!

case in point….it's pissed monsoons for three days….ripped two laps in pemby today after not riding since the last bikepark weekend, it ruled!

Nov. 5, 2006, 7:36 p.m.

for maximum enjoyment and the best thing in the long run for the resort, you should work at an american resort.

think globally, act locally.

if i was a yank, i'd be stoked, lots of sick resorts to work at.

where do live now?

Everett Wa, half an hour north of seattle. An hour drive east to the cascades where I've heard talk of opening Stevens pass in the summer for lift riding. I would lve to get on the trail crew up at whistler for some experience and then work on a local hill.

Nov. 5, 2006, 8:42 p.m.

Here in Winnipeg, we're building a 10ft drop in to a wall ride in our backyard. It's really cool because people are stoked about snowboarding here, even though there aren't big mountains. The attitude here is great.

Nov. 5, 2006, 10:13 p.m.

hell yeah stacy and jeff!

case in point….it's pissed monsoons for three days….ripped two laps in pemby today after not riding since the last bikepark weekend, it ruled!

Got my ass kicked on River Runs.. on the dbl teeter.. lil' too greasy. :|

Agreed on the living here locally, although I only semi-qualify as I'm working both in Whistler and Vanc every week.

Can't wait 'till they finish that dang highway.

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

Nov. 6, 2006, 9:09 p.m.

i never lived in whistler but i missed:
the pita pit chicken ceaser pitas
bikes 98% of vehicles
the people
the atmosphere
and most of all the trails

Theres a Pita Pit in Whistler?!?!?!?!??!?! Where? I went to the one in Kamloops a few months ago and just wish we had one here….

Now on topic….

Plain and simple, I'm going to miss the best riding on the planet surrounded by one of the best atmospheres I've ever witnessed.

Also, Stacy man I think you have some of the most thought out words on this site out of everyone. It keeps it real…

Nov. 7, 2006, 1:16 a.m.

think globally, act locally.

Us brits are screwed then. We have no proper mountains. Oh well :mad:

Having lived in Whistler for 2 months this summer, I'm still having moments of severe post-Whistler depression. At least nobody can ride there now :P

Nov. 7, 2006, 1:27 a.m.

A week in Whistler rocked my world!
I miss my world being rocked!

plans to return next year are being hatched……

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/947312/

Nov. 7, 2006, 10:20 a.m.

stacy, knowing you and a couple other people help me keep shit in perspective. My school is so based on going to university and becomming milionaires, then comming back and giving money to the school. Whenever im getting into a fuck school headspace, I can think back to guys like you. You live in whistler, you ride your bike, you work at nesters, you arn't a millionaire, but life is good? Do enough to live comfortably and not be living in the gutter, other than that, do what makes you happy and enjoy life. Speaking of which, do you have any info on being a lifty stacy? I was thinking that would be a good thing to do in july,just come up and be a lifty for a month or two, enjoy some time in whistler before I do whatever im gonna do.

Nov. 7, 2006, 12:44 p.m.

Well, I don't know about Red Bull but there is this that is in the works:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_west/5345736.stm

I am just praying that it goes ahead rather than another generic family water park thing. If the council have any foresight whatsoever they will see how successful the normal XC centres have been (such as Coed-y-Brenin, Cwmcarn, Afan, etc in Wales and the Seven Staines project in Scotland) and therefore the potential of a fully fledged mountain bike park with a chairlift.

Has the potential to be up there with the best

Nov. 7, 2006, 1:02 p.m.

Has the potential to be up there with the best

Have some relatives there.

Would be nice to visit and ride instead of visit and drink 24/7, although that's not too bad either. :)

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

Nov. 8, 2006, 4:13 p.m.

I miss the fact i havent touched a bike in well over a year!
hah, like not even sitting on one.
Summer 07 i think i might return :)

superheros
I like bikes

Nov. 8, 2006, 7:29 p.m.

i miss dave watson

I

Nov. 9, 2006, 12:41 p.m.

My school is so based on going to university and becomming milionaires. Do enough to live comfortably and not be living in the gutter, other than that, do what makes you happy and enjoy life.

going to university is never a bad thing but, yeah, don't buy into that BS about how much money you should be making. Usually the people telling you that just don't know any better

But realistically, there isn't always such a definite line between living the life and putting something away for the future. Once you start working, you find that there are a lot more hours in the day than there were when you were in university.

With a little foresight and some hard work you can have the best of both. Work hard, play harder.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40