Has Anyone Stayed or Staying in WB Accomodation? Or knowledge of?

Oct. 30, 2007, 2:50 p.m.

Hi all,

Haven't had time lately to ring the accomodation #,

Just a few questions RE to Accom;

Is there internet to each room/building?
Where could I put my bikes? (4 of them)
Policy on guests? (Girlfriend to stay over for a 2 week period)

Planning to come to Whistler for 5-6 Months next summer, just waiting for Bunac to open their application.

Is anyone else planning to live or work, in or around Whistler Blackcomb? If so Get in touch,

Thanks,
Jam.

W Homer Cycles
JamsSite

Oct. 30, 2007, 4:18 p.m.

"Planning to come to Whistler for 5-6 Months next summer"

I need that kind of Summer

"The Attention Deficit Disorder Association's Book of Wild Animals of
Western Eur- Hey! Let's Go Ride Our Bikes!"

Check out my pipes at www.thomasjlipspipeworks.wordpress.com

Nov. 1, 2007, 5:21 a.m.

Anyone else? :eek:

W Homer Cycles
JamsSite

Nov. 2, 2007, 7:46 a.m.

ok I lived in satff housing at Brio and this is how it went down, first your bikes will be in the living room, bedroom, bathroom pretty much whereever you can find space that's where your bike will be. I don't know about the WB staff housing those places are really small. About company staying over all you have to do is tell them you might pay a small amount of money no big deal better than getting caught having someone there that you're not supposed to. They will have suprise checks, my roomate and I got in trouble (told off) for staying in seperate rooms (2 rooms with two beds each).

Another thing though once you get to whistler stay in staff housing for a while, then you'll meet a bunch of ppl and you'll probably end up moving into better housing so having your gf stay over won't be such a big deal.

I satyed at Brio for a month and then moved out into a cheaper, yet cleaner place, only trade off was that instead of sharing with like 3 ppl I ended up sharing with like 6 but thats completely common in whistler.

But ya man good luck with whistler next year!!!!!

cheers

:werd: :fruit:

Nov. 2, 2007, 10:25 a.m.

Jam,

I'm also looking at staying in Staff accomodation next summer, though for about 3 months. You highlighted one question I too would like to know. Can you get internet in the rooms? I know it's really unlikely, not the end of the world if you can't either though.

Nov. 2, 2007, 10:31 a.m.

You can get internet at Brio I think I don't see why not you can have your own phone line don't see why not the net. But whistler has good Net cafes and really cheap plus everything is close in whistler so its notlike you ahve to go far. There's one right at the bottomof the gondola and another by the Body Shop or close by there.

:werd: :fruit:

Nov. 2, 2007, 4 p.m.

You can get internet at Brio I think I don't see why not you can have your own phone line don't see why not the net. But whistler has good Net cafes and really cheap plus everything is close in whistler so its notlike you ahve to go far. There's one right at the bottomof the gondola and another by the Body Shop or close by there.

Thanks Tajana for replies. Kinda looking for a single room ideally, with girl coming over for around a total of 4 weeks, hehe.

Sorta familiar with Whistler centre. Internet wouldnt be a problem, but I need to keep in touch with home, but not super desperate.

SX-Trail, are you planning on working for WB? or elsewhere?

W Homer Cycles
JamsSite

Nov. 2, 2007, 4:55 p.m.

I'm not planning on working, was under the impression you can only get one Visa or 2 if your still in education, so want to leave them until later when I can't afford to skip work for a few months. I was planning on doing it last year but we only lasted 2 weeks before my bro broke both his arms, so ended up coming home as being in Whistler alone at 18 would suck.

Andy

Nov. 2, 2007, 6:08 p.m.

Staff housing has Wi-Fi, costs something ridiculous like $30 a month and is super patchy and slow, but I was able to get it free for 2 of the 3 months I was there, until they fixed their security. But Blendz in the village has free Wi-Fi and so does a bunch of other places around. Staff housing is dirty, but its cheap and it's Whistler. I moved there for 3 months between school, best summer of my life. DEFINITELY MOVE OUT HERE!!!

Mountain Biking has given me the best friends in the world.

Nov. 3, 2007, 10:37 a.m.

Sx-Trail, try Bunac. www.bunac.com ? Thats who I'm using.

I first went to whistler at 18 with a mate, was cool, second year I done far less riding.. None on the hill at all, but atmosphere is mint.

Cheers Dannyzm,
dunno how housemates would react to 4 bikes around the house!

W Homer Cycles
JamsSite

Nov. 3, 2007, 12:49 p.m.

Cheers Jam, i'll have a looksy. Defo want to be out there as soon as possible!

Nov. 3, 2007, 5:09 p.m.

If you work for the mountain there is bike storage, thats where I kept my bike most of the time. But at times we had 3 bikes in our room for awhile, its tight, but you get used to moving a bike everytime you need to open the fridge or take a dump, I'm serious, throw one in the shower.

Mountain Biking has given me the best friends in the world.

Nov. 4, 2007, 11:38 a.m.

also, building #7 is the cleanest building to live in and it you get a end room, you have tons of space for your self and bikes.

WhistlerActionCams.com