Garbonzo zone closed for the season?

Oct. 2, 2009, 3:13 p.m.

Weird, just called Guest Relations and they said Garbo is closed for the season. I too remember riding Garbo in the snow last Thanksgivener weekend.

Guess I'll have to make the most of it tomorrow.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Oct. 2, 2009, 3:18 p.m.

Remember when you talk to Guest Relations and ask them "is Garbonzo open?". They are thinking about the Garbo chair which is probably closed for the remainder of the season.

You can still likely access the "garbo zone" via the gondy. This is what they've done the last couple of years.

EB

Weird, just called Guest Relations and they said Garbo is closed for the season. I too remember riding Garbo in the snow last Thanksgivener weekend.

Guess I'll have to make the most of it tomorrow.

Oct. 2, 2009, 3:33 p.m.

Remember when you talk to Guest Relations and ask them "is Garbonzo open?". They are thinking about the Garbo chair which is probably closed for the remainder of the season.

You can still likely access the "garbo zone" via the gondy. This is what they've done the last couple of years.

EB

When I told the CSR about the furious online debate he checked further and it does appear that we can access Garbo via the Gondola and Una Moss. Still looks like a couple of inches of white stuff up there - fun!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Oct. 2, 2009, 6:02 p.m.

Tomorrow will be a riot if we are allowed up top. Driiiifffffffft on! :D

Oct. 2, 2009, 8:51 p.m.

Sunday! Giver in the snow!

Oct. 2, 2009, 9:55 p.m.

You guys are sadistic !

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 3, 2009, 6:20 p.m.

Well had the first pow turns of the season :). Pretty wet lower down though, had a nice wash out on Fatcrobat and went head first into a stump :crazy:

Oct. 3, 2009, 6:39 p.m.

The snow was awesome today!

Posted via Mobile Device

www.letsridebikes.ca

Oct. 4, 2009, 9:08 p.m.

A bit tracked out coming down the ski run under the Gondy, but there were still some freshies on the sides for some sweet turns.

I stopped at the bottom and felt like high fiving everyone that came down after me. So much fun!

It was also nice on the early runs that most of the trails were frozen and dry. Also took first tracks on Shalemaster! Bit sketch in the snow, but still sweet and scary.

And hero dirt on the lower mtn! One of my best days in the park.

Oct. 5, 2009, 9:59 a.m.

Here are some pics I snapped Saturday in Garbo.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Oct. 5, 2009, 10:09 a.m.

It was a coyote..lots of bears getting ready for sleepy-time too.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Oct. 5, 2009, 10:32 a.m.

Ski season here we come !

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Oct. 5, 2009, 2:46 p.m.

I too enjoyed the snow and freeze dried trails up top. Nothing like being the first to break the frozen puddles on Original Sin! It was so magical up there. Had my best day ever at the park.

Can't wait for next weekend.

Oct. 7, 2009, 12:09 a.m.

Anybody know for sure if the gondola/garbo will be open on monday (closing day)?

Oct. 10, 2009, 9:37 p.m.

Posted via Mobile Device

it should be open. No rain or snow this weekend so it sould be good to go.

i did a sweep on garbo at like 4:30 today, and then i still managed to get a lower moutain sweep too.