Garbanzo trails?

June 8, 2005, 10:24 a.m.

Best to work up to it though. Getting over your head at whistler seems to = a quick trip to the clinic.

Goat's Gully = dislocated shoulder on my only day in Whistler last year = lesson learned the hard way

June 8, 2005, 10:30 a.m.

^^ Is Manager rock going to be re-opened? I seem to remember them permanently closing it last year since too many accidents were happening on it.

I was under the same impression.
I'd be a bit relieved, too. That thing is scary. Now I don't have to chicken out.

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 8, 2005, 11:51 a.m.

i agree with the others: no joke is a bit easier than original sin (and a bit more boring, too, with that fire road section).

i only rode the fire road when i mistakenly tried original sin :S after no joke i rode whatever trails come after - duffman? something like that

June 8, 2005, 11:54 a.m.

i only rode the fire road when i mistakenly tried original sin :S after no joke i rode whatever trails come after - duffman? something like that

doesn't no joke have a 1000m section of fire road bombing in it? perhaps they changed the setup at some point last season.

toshiclark.com

June 8, 2005, 12:03 p.m.

managers wasnt that bad…i skipped it my first trip down and did it my second…i was running a quick leak rear tire for the first run down :) I did a slow roll down the first rolling rock and hucked off the second onto the wood tranny…worked pretty good for me….

i didnt find any of those trails that hard…sure some were harder than others, but overall it was just a fun and fast rip with massive vertical to be had…

when I head up in a week it wont be open (going midweek) and that is sad…but atleast all of lower is open!

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

June 8, 2005, 2:46 p.m.

goat's gully I remember as being the hardest of them all. my favorite, though, was original sin8)

June 8, 2005, 7:03 p.m.

doesn't no joke have a 1000m section of fire road bombing in it? perhaps they changed the setup at some point last season.

could be, i didn't ride it until late september

June 8, 2005, 7:12 p.m.

the expressway trail is HIGHSPEED!! it reminds me of full tuck skiing, just set back and hang on!!! WEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :D

June 8, 2005, 7:35 p.m.

the stepup on expressway is good times. ive gone way too huge on it to bail upon landing then bounce into a bush. like 5 guys ran up in a total panic saying dont move are you ok … meanwhile i sat there laughing at what had just happened. then i was told that would have made a good picture.

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

June 8, 2005, 8:22 p.m.

Well, I will give no joke another go with some proper tires, we will see how it goes. And of course freight train.

June 8, 2005, 8:44 p.m.

Excellent, and then we can try Original Sin too.
Just curious, what are people's favourite runs to do from the top of Garbanzo to the bottom of the mountain?

22 Pride

June 8, 2005, 9:07 p.m.

could be, i didn't ride it until late september

You are thinking of Bear Cub… there was fire road sections on No Joke.

It opens this weekend… are you in or give it 2 weeks to dry out? I'm up for the usual Sunday excursion otherwise.

June 8, 2005, 9:25 p.m.

Excellent, and then we can try Original Sin too.
Just curious, what are people's favourite runs to do from the top of Garbanzo to the bottom of the mountain?

ummm nope. you can if you want.

June 8, 2005, 10:18 p.m.

You are thinking of Bear Cub… there was fire road sections on No Joke.

It opens this weekend… are you in or give it 2 weeks to dry out? I'm up for the usual Sunday excursion otherwise.

ahh thanks
no whistler for me yet, i'm not driving 4 hours roundtrip unless conditions are perfect and dry - i'll let you know whats up for sunday

June 8, 2005, 11:37 p.m.

ahh thanks
no whistler for me yet, i'm not driving 4 hours roundtrip unless conditions are perfect and dry - i'll let you know whats up for sunday

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Suck it up princess.

:lol:

No m33p so I felt I had to.

Dec 2006 photo contest winner "Best Ass Shot"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein