Finger's sore after one day?

June 22, 2006, 8:13 p.m.

……untill you stop

04 RMX Team with05 Boxxer WCs …..say hi

stop repn me…i dont deserve it, its true, im a phoney…a big phat phoney!
so what….big woop….wanna fight about it?!

I like to race………does that make me a racist ? :banned:

June 23, 2006, 8:15 p.m.

So for someone who never gets to the biggggg mountain, whats it gonna be like riding 2 long ass whistler days in a row?? Are my hands gonna take a beating?? Last time I was in Sun Peaks, I had to basically peal my hands off the bars at the end of the day. Are the brake ruts that bad yet?

Whistler is NOT Sun Peaks …. a LOT MORE trail maintenance in the sections you would expect to be smooth at Whistler. You should have no problems. The hardest sections of Sun Peaks, in terms of hand fatigue, are not the signature trails (Sugar, and all "DIAMOND" trails), but the "GREEN" rated runout sections that are usually nothing but washboard.

June 23, 2006, 9:50 p.m.

I rode whistler for the first time this season, my hands are freaking destroyed. By the end of the day i could hardly hold on anymore.

An awesome day though, upper aline is in great shape, nice work on some nice new jumps

BATTLECAT

June 23, 2006, 10:08 p.m.

yep, on wends A-line killed my hands within a hour, but you hav to turn yer rebound up farther than you would (at least farther than I would) for normal trails, so the fork has time to react to every braking bump… works for me

today i had way to little air in my shock, flatted in the rear first GLC hit, and realized i had no tire levers… so i had to survive being overcharged 10$ fer a new tube and such

June 23, 2006, 11:37 p.m.

hayes 9's :lol:

you're fucked man.
i had mag's for my first day, after about half a year of street riding on juicy's.
talk to chief. we were hawling it done aline, top to bottom, no stops and i had to take my hands off the bars via the ends and then peel up every finger 1 by 1 with my working thumbs. it was awful. i hate hayes!!!

life is like the sickest trail you can ever think of. it keeps on going, over all the bumps and mud, through the beautiful breezy grass, past the stunning epic views and sailing in the air during the hangtime. and at the end we all roll on ok, ready for yet another trail. another day.

June 23, 2006, 11:40 p.m.

you're fucked man.
i had mag's for my first day, after about half a year of street riding on juicy's.
talk to chief. we were hawling it done aline, top to bottom, no stops and i had to take my hands off the bars via the ends and then peel up every finger 1 by 1 with my working thumbs. it was awful. i hate hayes!!!

yeah….thats what i do every day. just stop being a weenie:crazy: :P

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

June 24, 2006, 3:57 a.m.

Problem is, Im running hayes 9's :lol: my set screws back out pretty quick so I am running the levers out quite a bit

back the set screws out almost all the way. put a small amount of blue loc-tite on each screw. adjust set screws to desired distance.

and you will be fine jay im running mags and the 5-6 times ive ridden whistler i had no problems with arm pain. hell even when i rode with v-brakes it wasnt that bad.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 24, 2006, 4:52 a.m.

i found the finger/arm pump thing bad my first year at whistler (also using Hayes), taking painkillers 3 times a day, then after 2-3 days it disappeared….

second year, i was running dangerboy levers on my Hayes and found them so much more comfortable…no finger pain or arm pump…levers seem to spread the fingers out so fingers not knocking together

guess a combination of the better levers and knowing the trails better (=less braking) made the difference

rob

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

June 24, 2006, 1:45 p.m.

ride without gloves for a while… get some caluses… dont grip the bars that hard, just relax… hands off brakes unless you need them.

works for me

650 Racing: Poppin' our collars, tossin' up dollars.