Fatal shooting in Whistler

March 13, 2007, 1:47 p.m.

So there was a fatal shooting in Whistler on the weekend.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070313.wxbcwhistler13/BNStory/National/home

I'm not surprised…on some big weekends, there were gangs in the village, and people arguing over who's turf it is.

I've heard of guys jumping into the windows of cabs just to get away from a ugly situation. I heard that the cab screeched away while the guy's legs were still dangling out the windows, still being chased.

One weekend a lot of Univ of Wash students came up. I was working the front desk at a hotel, and someone got beat up just outside. He staggered in, then bled all over my elevator, and then puked all in the lobby. I spent at least an hour mopping it all up.

Whistler deals with this every season it seems…it's hard to get buisness in the shoulder season, so hotel prices come down. Then all the tough guys come up from the city and bring their grudges with them. It's really a no-win situation.

March 13, 2007, 1:51 p.m.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=93654

March 13, 2007, 1:52 p.m.

Thanks Dave, I was wondering why I hadn't seen any discussion about it!

March 13, 2007, 2:19 p.m.

what's to discuss? some assf'er from surrey thinks he's badass comes to whistler gets in an argument and shoots someone…..it's f'ing retarded….I wish assholes like that would shoot themselves in the head…..I cannot for the life of me get my head around the gangbanger mentality or what possesses someone to bring a gun out on the town, and then use it…..handguns serve no useful purpose whatsoever….

March 13, 2007, 2:43 p.m.

Yeah it flips me out too. Like what was he thinkin……"I'll take my gun, if anyone screws with me I'll shoot em, then I'll just keep on drinkin beers and havin a cool weekend. Wont be a drama"

Guns are for morons. What happened to settling things with your fists if ya have to.

diggin

March 13, 2007, 4:11 p.m.

the part that truely makes me wonder how F'n stupid the shooter must be is he did it right in plain sight of a Cop/ police dog combo..

what a loser..

March 13, 2007, 5:18 p.m.

i just hope the the cop let the dog chew on him for a bit longer than he would have normally done.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

March 13, 2007, 6:30 p.m.

thats sad to see. its bound to happen whistler is party central and thats how a lot of fights get started is in clubs and whatnot.

JDM POWER!

March 13, 2007, 7:15 p.m.

thats it repgangGang members gotta carry Gat's when in whistler riding ….
LOL

…. I used to work at the bar where the fight started.. i worked there as a doormen for 5 years i wore a bullit proof vest for about 2 months at the end of me working there … seen some f*ck up shyt in there .. stabbings bottleings big fights and tons of tuff guys … was also told after tossing a guy out that he was coming back to shot me ….. he was from Surrey

RIDE BIKES

March 13, 2007, 8:04 p.m.

At Cittas? Did you work with Ricky? He only worked there for awhile, but he was a super nice guy who worked the door a bit. I'd say he worked there two summers ago?

Anyway, he was my roomie for awhile, and is still a good friend, although neither of us live in Whistler anymore.

March 13, 2007, 9:52 p.m.

no i herd the fight started at Garfs .. then it mades its way or he got chased through the village and ended by Cittas? im not 100% sure tho …

RIDE BIKES

March 13, 2007, 10 p.m.

was also told after tossing a guy out that he was coming back to shot me

If I had a dime for every time….

I'm lucky I worked the clubs at a time when it was mostly just an idle threat. You couldn't pay me enough to do it these days.

March 13, 2007, 10:04 p.m.

that guy went to school with my boss, he left a club late at night and he was tryen to be hardcore… some guy from surrey shot him

March 13, 2007, 11:50 p.m.

shoudl be customs on the sea to sky, if you're from surrey/whiterock etc etc unlucky…go back to vancouver!!

March 14, 2007, 5:14 a.m.

the way i've heard it , the cop and dog team were nearby , and when bottles started breaking , they moved closer , but were unseen by the suspect , who obviously was too busy " making his mark , and enforcing it " to see anything else , like for instance , the rest of the world going by .

i hope that piece of shit gets sent away somewhere unpleasant for a long time , you know , so he can be " rehabilitated " . we don't need that kind of shit in whistler , or vancouver , or surrey , or anywhere else .

this world has got way too many other problems to be dealing with this kind of " lifestyle choice " . that is what these guys choose to do , no one forced him to bring a gun to whistler , just his ego . hope he can live with himself , but i have a feeling his only regret will be that he got caught , and so easily at that . i'm glad the dog got to do some work :lol: .