Family dining in whistler

Sept. 7, 2015, 2:50 p.m.

Suggestions anyone we had got into the habit of going to caramba but it was not so good last time. Any recommendations for a family with a 4yo and 5 month old. We've got guests so we are hoping for something a little special

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Sept. 7, 2015, 3 p.m.

Mexican corner is pretty good for families. If its a weekend just make sure you are there around 6 if you want to eat straight away. No reservations, so busy times can often mean waiting. Happy hour is between 5-6 as well and worth hitting.

Disclaimer: i work there so I'm biased, but it is actually really good.

Sept. 7, 2015, 3:23 p.m.

Ah crap we are having Mexican night at the holiday home tonight

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Sept. 7, 2015, 3:37 p.m.

Creekbread?

Great fresh pizza, and I see families with kids coloring in there.

Sept. 7, 2015, 4:07 p.m.

Are you bringing your own entertainment for them? If so, I'd say anywhere… I'm not sure I've been to every place there, but every place I've been to has had kids of all ages.

Have you been to 21 Steps? That's sorta out of the way and has well made food.

Sept. 7, 2015, 5:39 p.m.

I second creekbread

we always go there and they are great with kids, plus there kids pizza is delicious!

Sept. 7, 2015, 6:07 p.m.

what ? . . . nobodies gonna shout out for spaghetti factory ?

we used to really like wildwood when they were at the tennis club . haven't visited them in their new location yet .

other one that i like , but may not fit your idea of a dining out experience is the alpine cafe .

have had some good meals at 21 steps too .

Sept. 8, 2015, 11:37 a.m.

Oh yeah and pizza antico if you are after classic Italian style pizza in the village. Tuesday wednesday beer and full pizza for $15. considering their pizzas are generally $17 and they have excellent craft beer selection included this is a bit of a no brainer. We are generally there both nights.

They also support WORCA which is nice.

Sept. 8, 2015, 12:41 p.m.

Oh yeah and pizza antico if you are after classic Italian style pizza in the village. Tuesday wednesday beer and full pizza for $15. considering their pizzas are generally $17 and they have excellent craft beer selection included this is a bit of a no brainer. We are generally there both nights.

They also support WORCA which is nice.

I ate there and left feeling very hungry and spent a bunch. I would not take kids there. Wrong menu and wrong pizzas. My kids were upset with the pizza that was delivered.

Sept. 8, 2015, 5:49 p.m.

Suggestions anyone we had got into the habit of going to caramba but it was not so good last time. Any recommendations for a family with a 4yo and 5 month old. We've got guests so we are hoping for something a little special

Tepan village might be a pretty cool experience with kids if they have the pallet for food of that type. Flames, live chef doing skillet tricks and things like that.

Otherwise, a selection of more north american fare can be found at places like 21 steps and the brew house.

Creekbread would be great for pizza (wood fired)

If your kids eat sushi or Japanese fare, sushi village could be a lot of fun, especially with a group.

Tandoori grill has amazing Indian food.

Quattro has great Italian, pasta lupino has very good, fresh Italian for less money.

Sept. 8, 2015, 8:58 p.m.

21 steps has very good food, but maybe not really the place for kids. Caramba has jacked their prices as of late. How about BG Urban grill if you have kids?

Thread killer

Sept. 8, 2015, 9:01 p.m.

21 steps has very good food, but maybe not really the place for kids.

I'd say the same thing for the Bearfoot, Araxi or Sidecut, but that doesn't stop fucktards from bringing their devil spawn with their iPads blaring Dora the fucking Explorer for all to hear.

(If you dig deep, you might be able to hear the bitterness in my voice there…)