Exile on Steel St.

Aug. 14, 2014, 3:56 p.m.

http://vimeo.com/99807861

Managed to borrow a Onegear's Chromag Surface for this. Stoked to partake in the celebration of Chromag's ten years.

Who else is riding?

Aug. 14, 2014, 4:03 p.m.

i'm in horrible condition from lack of riding but stoked for this!
doing this in the middle of 3 night shifts in a row, won't be pretty.

Aug. 14, 2014, 4:18 p.m.

i'm in horrible condition from lack of riding but stoked for this!
doing this in the middle of 3 night shifts in a row, won't be pretty.

Maybe you'll be on the iv drip instead of hooking people up to it for this one.

Aug. 14, 2014, 4:30 p.m.

yes indeed, very stoked as it will be the kick off to a week long vacation to the kootenays!

Aug. 14, 2014, 4:54 p.m.

just re-qualified :clap:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Aug. 14, 2014, 4:56 p.m.

I'm down

Aug. 15, 2014, 9:29 a.m.

just re-qualified :clap:

Details details.

What did you end up with?

Aug. 15, 2014, 10:07 a.m.

just checked my email archives to confirm: same frame i ordered 3 years ago: large surface in black to replace my large samurai in black

hoping one of the nsmb guys can grab it before heading down from crankworks :beer:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Aug. 15, 2014, 10:17 a.m.

I'll be there with my holey-roller.

Aug. 15, 2014, 11:53 a.m.

Nearly bought a frame just for this.

Aug. 17, 2014, 9:48 p.m.

i think i know most of the trails we're going to be riding. acdc is the only one that scares me a bit as it will be at the bottom of the 3rd section and i remember there being a fair amount of exposure… not what i'd choose to ride on what will probably be fumes by that point but that's part of the fun of a tony horn event. fantasia is the only trail i've never heard of before - flip, is this something new you've been working on?

Aug. 18, 2014, 7:39 a.m.

i think i know most of the trails we're going to be riding. acdc is the only one that scares me a bit as it will be at the bottom of the 3rd section and i remember there being a fair amount of exposure… not what i'd choose to ride on what will probably be fumes by that point but that's part of the fun of a tony horn event. fantasia is the only trail i've never heard of before - flip, is this something new you've been working on?

the fantasia trail was a pipe dream, but we will be using High Side and the HiHi connector, which I mostly finished yesterday…just a bit of clean up this week. Part 4 will be Farside, High Side, Highline, IBT

http://www.trailforks.com/trails/high-side/

the HiHi connector comes off the bottom of High Side and goes due northish and connects to the bottom of Highline about 40m from Farisde/East Side Main….basically means you don't have to ride any road any more, just singletrack! At this point it's mostly a reactivation of an old abandoned path that I found when hiking around in that area.

Aug. 18, 2014, 8:55 a.m.

Part 4 will be Farside, High Side, Highline, IBT

nice. i've always like this zone, glad to see there are more single track options around

tony must be mellowing in his old age; i can imagine him building an entire lap around having us climb see colours and puke ;)

Aug. 18, 2014, 9:01 a.m.

nice. i've always like this zone, glad to see there are more single track options around

tony must be mellowing in his old age; i can imagine him building an entire lap around having us climb see colours and puke ;)

I lobbied for that as a descent into High Side for this, but at that point in the day, no one needs another massive climb!

Aug. 18, 2014, 8:20 p.m.

the fantasia trail was a pipe dream, but we will be using High Side and the HiHi connector, which I mostly finished yesterday…just a bit of clean up this week. Part 4 will be Farside, High Side, Highline, IBT

http://www.trailforks.com/trails/high-side/

the HiHi connector comes off the bottom of High Side and goes due northish and connects to the bottom of Highline about 40m from Farisde/East Side Main….basically means you don't have to ride any road any more, just singletrack! At this point it's mostly a reactivation of an old abandoned path that I found when hiking around in that area.

Checked it out today. Excellent line. I'll try and take some sharp implements out this week to hack out an exit to Highside.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.