Early Bird 2012 Pass?

March 31, 2012, 2:13 p.m.

Does anyone know when the 2012 early bird passes are going to be available? I checked the Whistler site and it is still showing 2011 info.

Also, any ideas on pricing compared to last year?

http://www.jeremycesaphoto.com

March 31, 2012, 2:26 p.m.

You're probably better off at this point buying the $69 Spring Ski pass.

When I asked guest relations yesterday she said that last year they went on sale April 15th.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

March 31, 2012, 3:45 p.m.

You're probably better off at this point buying the $69 Spring Ski pass.

When I asked guest relations yesterday she said that last year they went on sale April 15th.

Spring Ski pass for the bike park?

http://www.jeremycesaphoto.com

March 31, 2012, 8:14 p.m.

Spring Ski pass for the bike park

I think he's referring to the 13ft of snow we've had in march!

No pricing or release date available yet.. but expect it to be similar to last year dates wise.

April 1, 2012, 10:18 p.m.

Should be a good ole fashion shovel fest if they plan to get those trails open for May Long

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 2, 2012, 9:08 a.m.

Does anyone know when the 2012 early bird passes are going to be available? I checked the Whistler site and it is still showing 2011 info.

Also, any ideas on pricing compared to last year?

Take last years price, add $15

WhistlerActionCams.com

April 4, 2012, 11:06 a.m.

Does anyone remember when they opened Garbanzo last year?

Is it reasonable to think that the huge amount of snow will delay the Garbanzo opening so much as to make a full pass not worthwhile?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 4, 2012, 11:48 a.m.

Is it reasonable to think that the huge amount of snow will delay the Garbanzo opening so much as to make a full pass not worthwhile?

depends how hot it gets, and how early

April 4, 2012, 12:52 p.m.

late, late, late.
:(
My memory says it opened around July, just in time for crankworx and my b'day.

If you can partake in over 10 days of riding, it's worth it. I found that there were mornings I went up for 3 runs, then to the lake. Or nights where I would finish dinner, then head up for a couple last runs. When you have the pass, you don't need to worry about how many laps you get to justify the cost of a day pass, you just ride.

I've been subscribing to this theory for the last 4 years, and it's worked well. Last season I didn't buy a pass due to an early injury, and regretted it everytime I shelled out for a day pass. Or worse yet, decided not to ride because of cheapness.

April 4, 2012, 1:35 p.m.

2nd hypa's post.

With the pass I go for as many runs as I feel that day and don't feel guilty for not getting those extra runs to make it "worth-while", it is always worth while. I'd go at random times too, decision to go is much easier with a pass.

Can't wait for opening! Garbo was late, but totally worth it. They kept trails in such good shape up there and the temp is always a little lower up there. Like hypa said, as long as you make it more than 10 times, get one.

April 4, 2012, 3:51 p.m.

late, late, late.
:(
My memory says it opened around July, just in time for crankworx and my b'day.

With Crankworx being in August this year, I wonder how much of a hurry they'll be in to open it up.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

April 4, 2012, 4 p.m.

If you can partake in over 10 days of riding, it's worth it. I found that there were mornings I went up for 3 runs, then to the lake. Or nights where I would finish dinner, then head up for a couple last runs. When you have the pass, you don't need to worry about how many laps you get to justify the cost of a day pass, you just ride.

I've been subscribing to this theory for the last 4 years, and it's worked well. Last season I didn't buy a pass due to an early injury, and regretted it everytime I shelled out for a day pass. Or worse yet, decided not to ride because of cheapness.

This is exactly right. Last year I cheaped out and went with the Triple Play Card which effectively forced me to ride out the end of every day up there. What I really wanted to do was hit the park for a few pyjama-suit-free hours in the morning then switch to my small bike and go for a ride elsewhere. You just can't do that when you're constantly trying to make it all worth it. The extra $ cost of the full pass pays for that flexibility. I was all but sold on the full pass for 2012 until I started thinking about the crazy snowline!

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 11, 2012, 9:59 a.m.

Woot, just got this email from Whistler.

Under 6 weeks to go until opening day! (May 18) A quick survey on the Fitz elevation bike trails has shown a moderate amount of snow, but all of the bridges remain intact, which means quicker opening when we start digging. The machines are ordered and the staff are pumped to get digging, so the minute the lights go out on the TELUS World Ski and Snowboard Festival we will be on it. See you in a few weeks!

Season Passes and Triple Play cards go on sale from April 16.
Keep an eye on your inbox and the Bike Park facebook page for more details on that and our new Triple Play Load Day offer, and NEW Twilight Triple Play Pass!

Say it with me,

5 more days.

5 more days.

5 more days.

April 11, 2012, 10:07 a.m.

You just can't do that when you're constantly trying to make it all worth it.

You got it man!
If I have a triple play, I'm going to the top and getting every last turn in. But when I have my seasons, I'll try new trails. I would have never given Clownshoes a chance without a seasons. Now I love that trail.

With Crankworx being in August this year, I wonder how much of a hurry they'll be in to open it up.

Good call, I forgot about the change in date.
I'm hoping this means that it won't be raining for half of the event like it did in 2011.
:lol:

Can't wait for opening! Garbo was late, but totally worth it. They kept trails in such good shape up there and the temp is always a little lower up there. Like hypa said, as long as you make it more than 10 times, get one.

Werd.
There is some gold to be found in Garbo if you're willing to take chances on where to go. I think I've only once been in a situation where I was out of my element and actually scared, and that was the extremely high and narrow ladder bridges, and sheer slick rock walls on Captain Safety. I'll never hit that on a wet day again…

April 11, 2012, 10:18 a.m.

Can't wait for opening! Garbo was late, but totally worth it. They kept trails in such good shape up there and the temp is always a little lower up there.

The lower parts of Garbo were fine, but parts of the upper areas were shredded to shit because of all the runoff and too many riders on it before it fully dried out.