dwayne Johnson

Sept. 16, 2012, 10:31 p.m.

riding up the lift today i overheard my fellow passengers talking about a new rock drop and step up on Dwayne Johnson. being generally out of the loop on most things i enquired as to where this trail was. Being last run i decided to hit my old standby Dirt Merchant and save new trails for another day. After finding the merchant was closed due to a fallen rider i set out find dwayne johnson. Well either my listening sucks or the instructions were wrong as i could not find dwayne anywhere. So where is dwayne? what are these new features like? Does anyone have any images? thanks in advance.

Sept. 16, 2012, 10:40 p.m.

After stepdown fall away on Lower Whistler DH, turn left at the bottom of hill, there is a step up, a flat to the woods then the rock drop and another jump, spits you our at the lower skills center near, Bline, DC, Crack Addict and Afternoon Delight…..

mtbskierdad

Sept. 17, 2012, 9:23 a.m.

An instructor told me he uses that trail as a test to see if riders are confident enough with big hits before taking them to Crab Apple Hits. As long as your willing to let it go you'll be fine. Definitely a good idea to take a peak at it before you send it though, like anything.

Sept. 17, 2012, 10:34 a.m.

I looked at it and laughed and walked away from the lip….only to watch my buddy hit it without a second look.

Definitely look first, it's big.

Sept. 17, 2012, 12:43 p.m.

I looked at it and laughed and walked away from the lip….only to watch my buddy hit it without a second look.

Definitely look first, it's big.

Where is it?

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Sept. 17, 2012, 1:02 p.m.

What would be a good comparison elsewhere on the mountain (or is there one) for that first step-up ? I've looked at it a few times but I'm yet to nut-up and hit it.

Sept. 17, 2012, 4:43 p.m.

Where is it?

In your condition…don't even think about it, lol.

Thread killer

Sept. 17, 2012, 6:15 p.m.

I hit it when my busted leg wasn't fully healed and cased the shit out of it. Thank god for Ti rods, screw god for making me dumb.

Sept. 17, 2012, 7:48 p.m.

Where is it?

Lower Whistler Downhill after road under chairlift near Joyride jumps/drops. Take left into big step up between trees, follow into right hand berm into massive gap rock drop.

Sept. 18, 2012, 12:15 p.m.

There are a few videos of it on Pinkbike or youtube that show where it is but the videos do it no justice, it looks small in the videos. It is not to bad at all, really smooth especially the drop after the jump, I would say it is about 20 feet out and 12 feet down if you hit the drop with some speed but so smooth. If your going to do the step up make sure you pedal in to the fade away and then just don't touch the brakes and pump the jump as normal and you will clear it easily. First few times I cased it a little because you seem like your going way to fast and I found it hard to not touch the damn brakes lol.

Sept. 18, 2012, 9:22 p.m.

What would be a good comparison elsewhere on the mountain (or is there one) for that first step-up ? I've looked at it a few times but I'm yet to nut-up and hit it.

the bigger step up at the end of original sin (the tree island) is a good one to compare it to. It's similar to that but stretched out, and the o sin one is all up then you land the dwayne J is more of a normal jump, you're up up up, down a bit, land.

Sept. 27, 2012, 6:46 p.m.

The jump is a pretty mellow case. I am more nervous hitting the step ups on the merch because they have a much harsher case.

Oct. 2, 2012, 3:37 p.m.

In your condition…don't even think about it, lol.

Duly noted :werd:

DS

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Oct. 2, 2012, 6:13 p.m.

No brakes after the fade away and you're good

Oct. 4, 2012, 6:38 p.m.

finally checked er out today. that drop on it is a lot much bigger than it looks in any video. holy shit did that catch me off guard.

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/