Dirt Merchant

June 9, 2007, 6:13 p.m.

wow the new stuff looks amazing so nice to see WBP open some new and challenging lines even if there on the same old trails soo stoked to get my bike up there

June 9, 2007, 9:19 p.m.

It pretty nice now.. either of the creek gaps.. they really smoothed out the landing and made it much bigger. I hit the wooden booter today and it was really nice and flowy.. i also did the smaller one and its much better then last year too .. both are fun

chillinchillin

01 Norco VPS Buzz for sale

June 10, 2007, 12:49 p.m.

i have a few pictures of that guy in rain pants sending the wooden thingy i took from the glc. atleast mr. dyer had the courtesy to remember the more than three run ups-you gotta trick it rule.

- bike sexual

June 10, 2007, 6:12 p.m.

i have a few pictures of that guy in rain pants sending the wooden thingy i took from the glc. atleast mr. dyer had the courtesy to remember the more than three run ups-you gotta trick it rule.

true, he did X-up it. the landing looks SUPER close to the take off. It also seems kind of small compared to last years gap o tron. are there anyplans for making it larger or a different line ?

Kyle,

"Jesus Christ, This should be an event motherfcker, Chinese downhill fcking slalom" - DO'D on the Crankworx berm busting session on the slalom course

June 10, 2007, 6:18 p.m.

true, he did X-up it. the landing looks SUPER close to the take off. It also seems kind of small compared to last years gap o tron. are there anyplans for making it larger or a different line ?

Kyle,

If I were guessing, id say that the posts that go up higher will be the final resting place of the ladder.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

June 10, 2007, 6:52 p.m.

they plan to raise it for crank worx, was it open today havent seen anyone hit it besides the trail crew

June 10, 2007, 9:11 p.m.

there is a fine line between big , way big , and too big .

you make it too big , and even the top pros won't risk injury by hucking something way crazy off the last hit , which makes things a bit anti-climactic .

you want it big enough that it does take some huevos to do something special , but within the sensible limits so that all the pros can show their stuff .

June 10, 2007, 9:48 p.m.

They said the plan was to raise it 10 feet higher for crankworx and then bring it back to what it is now afterwards with a small case guard

http://www.whistlermountainbike.com
http://www.motionmtb.com/

June 10, 2007, 9:49 p.m.

haha case guard…if they open that to the public someones gonna land in the lift line.

- bike sexual

June 10, 2007, 9:55 p.m.

wasnt the last drop suppose to be only 10 feet for the public, not to bring out the pinkbike measuring tool or anything but from the pics that thing looks quite a bit bigger then 10 feet

June 10, 2007, 10:38 p.m.

wasnt the last drop suppose to be only 10 feet for the public, not to bring out the pinkbike measuring tool or anything but from the pics that thing looks quite a bit bigger then 10 feet

what ever ifits open to public im happy

June 10, 2007, 11:04 p.m.

http://photos.nsmb.com/showimage.php?i=15769[HTML_REMOVED]catid=newimages
the sizing was a terrible mistake……landed in butter everytime tho.

- bike sexual

June 11, 2007, 9:28 a.m.

Definitely more than ten feet. That drop is big already. Can't wait to see pro's hit it another ten feet up.

June 11, 2007, 11:42 a.m.

Can't wait to see pro's hit it another ten feet up.

I must admit, as these stunts get bigger and bigger I'm starting to lose interest in the Slopstyle events. It's becoming more of a "come and see the sacrificial MTBers" event rather than a skills fest. I'm not saying people are baying for blood but it seems that the risks are being incrementally upped to give it mass-market razzmamataz rather than pushing creativity and style. I'm just not that interested in seeing who's going to be mad enough to attempt a back-flip over a shark infested pool or whatever craaazy new danger-feature appears next year.

Just my (miserable old bastard's) opinion.

Sorry, drifted off topic a bit - forgot it was the "Dirt Merchant" thread.

June 11, 2007, 1:10 p.m.

I must admit, as these stunts get bigger and bigger I'm starting to lose interest in the Slopstyle events. It's becoming more of a "come and see the sacrificial MTBers" event rather than a skills fest. I'm not saying people are baying for blood but it seems that the risks are being incrementally upped to give it mass-market razzmamataz rather than pushing creativity and style. I'm just not that interested in seeing who's going to be mad enough to attempt a back-flip over a shark infested pool or whatever craaazy new danger-feature appears next year.

Just my (miserable old bastard's) opinion.

Sorry, drifted off topic a bit - forgot it was the "Dirt Merchant" thread.

you aren't alone….