Current Whistler Conditions...

Oct. 8, 2007, 10:11 p.m.

owwww…

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Oct. 8, 2007, 10:12 p.m.

:)

Thanks Daver.

PS: New T-shirt in the works.

:):):):)

Sober

Oct. 8, 2007, 10:19 p.m.

owwww…

You're gonna be a hurtin unit tomorrow buddy!!

It's me bitchez!!!

I'm still fricken laughing about that one.

Oct. 8, 2007, 11:09 p.m.

thanks again for the sweet trails and awesome season WBP….see ya in a few weeks for opening day……

mtbskierdad

Oct. 9, 2007, 11:56 a.m.

yes…good times yesterday for sure. Love the Dual Slalom….bring it back next year!!!

My dog Rules! He rides more stunts than U!

Oct. 11, 2007, 11:41 a.m.

Thanks for a great year wb! Ill be back next year!

:coo: :coo:

April 21, 2008, 1:57 p.m.

still lots of snow in the valley, cruised by riverside/lost lake last week and there's still a fair amount…..some die hards have been digging out cut yer bars though in anticipation of our first toonie on may 1 though…..

April 24, 2008, 11:14 a.m.

stopped by the dj's last night, they're coming together quite nicely, kenny was working hard on a sweet rythm section, and things are starting to dry out…..then went over to cut yer bars and shovelled some snow with worca's race director benoit….we're getting through it! hopefully we'll be good to go for next weeks toonie! if anyone is around and wants to put their shovels to use though…please feel free! had another cruise around town last night, and really it's the only signifcant amount of trail snow free at this point!

April 25, 2008, 9:22 a.m.

Anyone know how close KMTM is to being ready?

April 25, 2008, 9:30 a.m.

Anyone know how close KMTM is to being ready?

when we drove by on our way to pemby last sunday I could still see a fair amount of snow through the trees, haven't heard anything though…..trash is apparently still unridable as of 2 days ago too…..

April 25, 2008, 9:39 a.m.

yea i was gonna head into cut yer bars today and shovell a bit, after trying to ride it yesturday, i realized it still needs some love

here to ride but i'm to busy building

April 25, 2008, 10:47 a.m.

hate to say it but we need some pineapples in Whistler to melt the snow in the valley, 10C is not gonna melt anything quickly, we need 10C+ and a ton of warm rain to get things moving….

mtbskierdad

April 25, 2008, 4:55 p.m.

Have a look here!!
A chance to pitch in and inject some summer vibes early. In case you haven't been here lately sprng is not exactly making a very valiant effort. I know I'll be there…..

April 25, 2008

"Hey dirt lovers, Brian Finestone here with my first Bike Park report as the rookie Bike Park Manager. It is hard to report on a Park that is still covered in a few feet of snow but here goes[HTML_REMOVED]#8230;

I did a random sample of the snow depth earlier this week and found an average of 90cm of snow on the trails at the Olympic Station elevation. Looking at the stubborn snow and the 20 odd days before we plan to throw open the doors only one thought came to mind. [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;The show must go on![HTML_REMOVED]#8221; Since that moment I have been meeting with the various brains behind the Whistler Mountain Bike Park and we have come up with a plan.

Snow cats are pushing tired old snow off the Boneyard in anticipation of the return of John Cowan with his trusty D6 Bulldozer. Cowan will be moving dirt next week and sculpting this year[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s Slopestyle from the frozen tundra. Jay Robinson, Ken Marlor and Marty Gautry will firing up the mini excavators to start peeling back the neve from A-Line and Crank it Up with the intent of having those two trails clear by opening day.

The missing link in the plan is what to do with all of the kilometers of single track that the machinery can[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t access? The solution[HTML_REMOVED]#8230; [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;Shovels[HTML_REMOVED]#8221; lots and lots of shovels, which is where you park addicts come in. We realized that the trail crew can[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t possibly tackle the task of clearing the trails alone, so we are inviting you, the riders to pitch in. We are going to host the first ever Whistler Mountain Bike Park [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;Bring Your Own Shovel[HTML_REMOVED]#8221; Work Party on Saturday May 10th.

The first 100 riders interested in helping out with the task of clearing single track trails, can sign up to come and pitch in to get the season rolling. We are asking for hard working diggers to bring sturdy shovels and a solid work ethic for a day of voluntourism in the Park. In exchange for your sore back, wet feet and blistered hands we will provide a day ticket for the Bike Park. We will also host an after party at the GLC to kick off the season. Riders interested in digging in can sign up at [email protected]

Sign up early because this event is sure to be popular! See you out there. [HTML_REMOVED]#8211; Brian"

"I thought of that while riding my bike."
- Albert Einstien, on his Theory of Relativity -

April 25, 2008, 4:56 p.m.

15C tomorrow, then 12C plus rain on sunday. Hopefully that clears away some of the snow!!! Fingers crossed.

April 25, 2008, 5 p.m.

Anything warm will help but this is the first time I've seen them go this hard at snow removal. I think it will be successful.

"I thought of that while riding my bike."
- Albert Einstien, on his Theory of Relativity -