Current Whistler Conditions...

Sept. 11, 2006, 3:35 p.m.

Aline closed early, probably for maintenance…….

mtbskierdad

Sept. 14, 2006, 12:44 p.m.

Yep looked out my window this morning and the ski runs on Garbonzo are all white, trees are frosty too. Seems to be slowly melting though. If I look higher towards the peak which is in the clouds right now, it looks even more white. Last Friday I was on a beach north of here, now I'm looking at snow, gotta love mountain weather.

Sept. 14, 2006, 1:50 p.m.

Thanks for the update! Anyone riding today that can say how high the snow line is? Is Garbanzo rideable?

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

Sept. 15, 2006, 9:56 p.m.

Thanks for the update! Anyone riding today that can say how high the snow line is? Is Garbanzo rideable?

Garbo was open today. No snow on trails, but lots all around. Awesome!

TomPro

Sept. 15, 2006, 10:44 p.m.

Friday September 15, superb conditions low down on the hill, soil super tacky and rocks super grippy. Snow off the Gondola lift which they opened up and a small amount droping into the top of Joy Ride. Most of Joy ride closed lower down. A little slippy at the top in the woods but Garbonzo should be great tomorrow.

Rode the Drop in Clinic for the first time today…well chuffed.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Sept. 15, 2006, 11:02 p.m.

nice…hope garb is still open on sunday

Sept. 15, 2006, 11:05 p.m.

i will be there sunday in the rain for more fun then a wet noodle.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Sept. 15, 2006, 11:25 p.m.

Friday September 15, superb conditions low down on the hill, soil super tacky and rocks super grippy. Snow off the Gondola lift which they opened up and a small amount droping into the top of Joy Ride. Most of Joy ride closed lower down. A little slippy at the top in the woods but Garbonzo should be great tomorrow.

How did I not see you today?!?!? I think you may be confused about snow at the top of Joyride. You may be thinking of Original Sin.

Joyride was friken MINT today! Although it did claim Rusty's wheel and nearly Rusty to boot! http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=84593

Lower mountain is SUPER tacky! No dust… No mud… A-Line is the smoothest I've seen this year. Tech trails are showing some wear, but they're sooooo tacky that it just doesn't matter. Too much fun!

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

Sept. 16, 2006, 10:20 a.m.

Yes sorry it was original sin, I don't know the top too well.

Shame I missed you, I was with a crowd from Hazco Environmental and was riding a rental, which was interesting to say the least. Not been on a 'Big' bike before.

Probably the best conditions/temperature I have experienced, should be super nice this weekend if rain holds off.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Sept. 17, 2006, 7:04 p.m.

Saturday was amazing. Gotta love no brake cornering through super tack tack berms. lips are back! wow, why can't it be like this all year long…

Sept. 18, 2006, 2:27 a.m.

Saturday was amazing. Gotta love no brake cornering through super tack tack berms. lips are back! wow, why can't it be like this all year long…

Cause it doesn't rain like this every few days during the summer, soft wet dirt is easier to work then rock hard dry concrete. In the perfect MTB world it would be like the perfect SKI/Snowboard world, rain/snow every night, and bluebird and steep [HTML_REMOVED] deep/buff [HTML_REMOVED] tacky everyday…if it were only so…

mtbskierdad

Sept. 18, 2006, 1:08 p.m.

Thats why uk riding is so good, rains a little, very often. Almost always tacky :)

Sept. 18, 2006, 4:58 p.m.

mon, rain pretty much all day but still all good
started to get a little squirmy on some of the jumps if your line was bit off

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/947312/

Sept. 19, 2006, 10:51 a.m.

yeah…pretty mucky yesterday (Monday), but definitely fun as long as you had ur rain gear :)

ps. gondy only to garbanzo…and the ride down to the top of garbo is very wet and dirty…be warned.

My dog Rules! He rides more stunts than U!

Sept. 22, 2006, 10:09 a.m.

I was up yesterday (Thursday Sept 21.)
Kudos to the maintenance crew. I've never seen A-line look that good. I couldn't get myself off it. Check out the drop! It's Butter smooth now. Major changes in the works where A-line crosses After Atlantis. They were moving a lot of dirt.
It was still wet in the morning but it dried out in the afternoon. It might be the best conditions of the year this weekend!
Sinlges line randomness: I got to ride the lift with "The Claw". Cool guy. Super chill.