Current Whistler Conditions...

Aug. 27, 2006, 10:25 p.m.

What made crank it up one of the hardest trails you have built?

It was the general conditions;
at first it was too wet and rainy. The machines were stuck up to the axles in the mud. Then it got too dry and we could not use Chainsaws due to the fire danger. Then we encountered a wet area that was a bitch to get through and now we are shut down in the bush due to the fire danger.
How's that for a bunch of excuses. at least now most of it is done.

TomPro

Aug. 27, 2006, 10:28 p.m.

you always make me feeling sad after i finished to read your reports Tom… whhhyyyy wwwhhhyyyyy???? please, i wana go back "home"…

Every time I hit the wood stunt on lower Joyride, I say a quick thanks to you.

TomPro

Aug. 27, 2006, 11:35 p.m.

Every time I hit the wood stunt on lower Joyride, I say a quick thanks to you.

yeah I agree……that's the one trail that's been left alone and is better for it…although that new roller is way better than the old sketchy planks!

Aug. 28, 2006, 3:32 a.m.

thank you guys…

WE DESIGN I WE BUILD = YOU ENJOY

Sept. 1, 2006, 2:14 p.m.

What is the mountain looking like ladies and gents?

Heading up opn Sunday!

cheers!

www.steedcycles.com

Sept. 2, 2006, 9:46 p.m.

all i can say is…garbanzo sucks now that no joke is closed :( i really question the whistler gods for the decision to close it 6 weeks before the season ended. was it really that important to start building the olympics ski run now? bear cub has got to be the absolute worst trail on the mtn, beating fantastic out by a mile.

please please please have something decent planned for next year, though with the amount of tree cover in that area i'm really beginning to have my doubts.

garbanzo IMO was the best thing that whistler ever did, please dont turn back the clock.

Sept. 2, 2006, 9:58 p.m.

I gotta agree, at least build some jumps or something on bear cub.
It would be nice to have another way to get to
freight train when you want to ride the mid and lower sections.
Original sin is a great trail but it is way to busy now that no joke is closed, you run into a traffic jam anywhere it gets difficult, all kinds of people stopping to look first.

Sometimes, I fall down.

Sept. 3, 2006, 10:56 a.m.

long wknd … busy busy busy …

… good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.

Sept. 3, 2006, 10:03 p.m.

can anyone give a pulse check on the conditions/crowds up at Whistler today?

Because that's just the way I roll…

Sept. 6, 2006, 4:39 p.m.

can anyone give a pulse check on the conditions/crowds up at Whistler today?

It's dry and dusty.

TomPro

Sept. 8, 2006, 6:39 p.m.

Just like last time, I spent most of the day in meetings, but this time I did not get time to ride after. Bummer, but that is life. At least the meetings were about cool stuff like next year's plans and the Air Dome.
I did ride in the park yesterday and here are the straight goods - it is dusty and loose. But I think that you would have to go all the way to Scotland to find a tacky trail. It's dusty and loose everywhere. The trail crew has been busy doing spot maintenance on A-Line and Dirt Merchant, but the dry conditions have been our nemesis lately and you can't fight mother nature. The Boneyard and the Biker-X are in great shape as they get daily loving and watering from "Frantic" Matt Francis and Jason Joselin. They spend their days raking and watering and they deserve a huge thanks.
If you come up this weekend, you will find a new section of trail after Goat's Gully as you head to In Deep. It is our quest to find a suitable route around Bear Cub and Goat's Gully, and this is a small piece of it. There is still a lot of VANOC work being done in this area, so we will open this new trail as the opportunity arises. Garbo zone is still my favorite riding in the park.
Next week is a busy one for us as we are hosting the world of bike park operators here in Whistler. Part of this meeting is to build some new stuff as part of a learning experience. We are hoping that at the end of this exercise, you the riders will be stoked by what has been accomplished. Keep your eyes open when you are riding next week.
The Boneyard will have some big features open this weekend to satisfy the crowd that maintains that we never open any big stuff that is open for Crankworkx. So, due to popular demand, the Mavic Box and the Cowan Road Gap to Step Up Gap just below the M-Box will be open. These features will be open as Pro-Line and should be attempted by expert riders only. I know that I will be only spectating on this one. We still have the Cowan Jump Farm gaps open and we have added a nice gap floater/step down at the end of the Bike-X where the Gapotron was during Crankworx. The patrons of GLC seem to appreciate this one.
The weather is a bit cooler up here today and the call is for a bit of rain, although at this time it is blue skies. A good option this weekend might be to ride in the morning, hit he beach right after lunch to wash the dust off and then come back for last two hours to kill the park. And after that, of course, wash the dust down with some Kokanee at the GLC.
That is my plan. See you up here.

TomPro

Sept. 8, 2006, 6:43 p.m.

hey Tom, i just wanted to say hi (i met you at clawworks i was shootng with alex) im still trying to make it to whis this month but i dunno if it will work out :(

, but yea keep trying cuz there good for sponsers, almost as good as flips.

Sept. 8, 2006, 10:08 p.m.

hey Tom, i just wanted to say hi (i met you at clawworks i was shootng with alex) im still trying to make it to whis this month but i dunno if it will work out :(

Call me when you get here. Guest Relations have my cell #.

TomPro

Sept. 9, 2006, 11:53 a.m.

its raining now….and its nice and tacky…..

mtbskierdad

Sept. 11, 2006, 8:18 a.m.

went up on sunday. best day i've had so far. (well, i've only been up 3 times this year)

the trails were tacky. the sun was shining. kokanee was on special. my legs and hands are sore. it was a good day. :woot:

there were a lot of pretty big potholes throughout from the dust being mashed down but all in all it was great. i'm sure today will be nice.

:heart::coffee::heart: