Current Whistler Conditions...

July 28, 2006, 5:20 p.m.

hey anyone know what trails will be closed for the Garbo Downhill on Sunday??? I wanna ride but am hesitant if Freight Train is not open.

At this time, the course is set to be No Joke [HTML_REMOVED] Duffman [HTML_REMOVED] Golden Triangle [HTML_REMOVED] World Cup Single Track [HTML_REMOVED] Ho Chi Min [HTML_REMOVED] EZ Does It [HTML_REMOVED] Monkey Hands. No parts of Freight Train will be used, but the course might prevent you from getting certain sections.

July 28, 2006, 5:23 p.m.

Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 31, 2006, 9:10 p.m.

Headin up on wednesday and wondering what kind of condition the trails are in?

Any info would be appreciated!!!

How did I end up here?

July 31, 2006, 11:12 p.m.

jesus, its whistler, just go ride it

Aug. 1, 2006, 2:59 p.m.

Pretty much what I was thinking!

And no, I am not Jesus!

How did I end up here?

Aug. 3, 2006, 7:13 a.m.

Bike Park Report
Crankworx - what a show that was! Nine days of incredible riding and performances. The Slopestyle on Saturday night blew me away. The backflip over the Road Gap Step-down was my favourite. My thanks goes out to Richie Schley and John Cowan for designing (John building a lot of the course) such a sick course, to the Trail Crew for building the course and to Seb and the Event Crew for organizing such a huge event. Everyone put in 110% and it showed. The reason why Whistler Bike Park is one of the best in the world is because of the dedication of the the people who work here. You guys and girls ROCK!
Now we have the Crankworx hangover (literally). We are a little sad it's over. We are a bit burned out, but we are also exited to get back to work on the trails which is what really matters to you, the rider. Our first priority was to get some maintenance done. If you have been riding here this week, you may have noticed that sections of A-Line were closed. That is because it is getting buffed out and I don't mean just a superficial fix. I mean spiffed out like a girl going to her high school prom. Red Bull Jumps dirt is finding it's way onto A-Line. You get the picture? Dirt Merchant is getting a lot of love as well and Peter "The Rock Master" Morin and his posse of "Rock Star Kids" are doing rock armouring all over the place. The one trail we are most exited about will open by this weekend. Marty rebuilt the first section earlier this week and the second section is almost ready. Yes, I am talking about Crank It Up. This one has been a long struggle. When we break a trail, we can't predict 100% how easy or hard it will be to build. Well, this one proved to be a challenge. It is done now (of course it will get tweaked as time goes) and we hope that you enjoy it.
We have also added a blue trail in the Magic Bike Park. Rabbit Tracks has it all - bermed corners, steeper single track, wide bridges and wood roll downs. Check out this challenging trail even if you don't normally ride Magic Bike Park. You will like it!
Richie Schley Freeride Camps is holding it's last camp of the season, so if you want to step it up a notch, be safer and enjoy your riding more, register at 604 932-3434 or 1 866 218-9690. You will improve your riding and have a great time doing it.
The weather this weekend is looking great, so see you up here.

TomPro

Aug. 3, 2006, 7:24 a.m.

thanks for the update! myself and 5 guys here from Connecticut will be there 1week from today rippin down aline again.. I CANT WAIT thanks for all the work.

Aug. 8, 2006, 8:43 a.m.

I love Whistler, and I know why I have 8" of suspension. But holy crap are they ever gonna do any trail maintenance? DM, A-line and Freight Train are as bad as I have seen them, I not asking for much, just fill the big holes on the landings and maybe fix a few berms. Maybe even level some of the braking bumps. I love railing the berms and some of the best berms are falling apart, they have let them go to the point that they don't need repairs they need rebuilds.
It seems to me this year they haven't been doing any maintenance, just building the boneyard. I don't remember it being this bad in the past, it is a little disappointing.
That said I still had a huge smile on my face, as always, all day yesterday, there is still no better place to ride.

Sometimes, I fall down.

Aug. 8, 2006, 9:03 a.m.

I went up on Sunday threw a few laps in that evening and then rode all day Monday.

It was super busy in the morning, but as everyone filtered up, the lines got smaller and smaller.

The conditions are rough! Braking bumps and huge craters in the berms. It was the worst that I had ever seen it. In talking to people going up the lift… a family in particualr from Idaho… they come every year after CRankworx because the trails were always buff and fixed up. They said that they couldn't believe how bad it was…

My thoughts are they are doing all the work for the Olympics… so why bother until that is done.

I was still rippin it down Frieght and Dirt… God I love those trails…the wee reroute at A-line was cool until you hit the rooty uphill part.

Even though I have calouses the size or grapefruits… I would not have rather ridden anywhere else!

Heres to another weekend up there soon!

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Aug. 8, 2006, 9:04 a.m.

jesus, its whistler, just go ride it

I know, I know. I'm going….

:canada: :swiss:

Aug. 8, 2006, 9:23 a.m.

:lol:

Aug. 8, 2006, noon

Pray for rain if you want maintenance, it's very difficult to repair dirt when it's dried up to dust.

Aug. 8, 2006, 4:16 p.m.

I know that is probably mean to say but….

Thank God it is Raining in Whistler! Finally the trails can get some work and the forest fire hazard can drop and they can do even more work!

Again… I am sorry that my happiness comes at the cost of the pain of others!

Cheers!

Dan

www.steedcycles.com

Aug. 8, 2006, 4:32 p.m.

Rode down the new little bit of Crank it Up they have open. The bridge work coming back to Fantastic is interesting. A few two hit table tops, one small one a little bigger on each hit, side by each, good options for all. Hope the rest can get done woth the wetness…..

mtbskierdad

Aug. 9, 2006, 9:52 a.m.

Hurray for rain!:clap:

:canada: :swiss: