Current conditions

July 21, 2011, 12:42 p.m.

I should follow up my above ranting by saying that in contrast, the lower mountain was awesome. Berms and jumps in good shape, nice tacky dirt, and lots of new work.

July 21, 2011, 12:53 p.m.

I should follow up my above ranting by saying that in contrast, the lower mountain was awesome. Berms and jumps in good shape, nice tacky dirt, and lots of new work.

indeed it is, super fun riding!

July 24, 2011, 6:17 p.m.

Just wondering what garbo conditions are like… any improvement after a hot dry weekend?

July 24, 2011, 8:09 p.m.

O-sin was closed this am…

that landing for that step-up before renegade is a minefield. not the most pleasant sensation.

July 24, 2011, 10:33 p.m.

Anyone know the when the snow line's supposed to rise above RDS if it hasn't already?

July 25, 2011, 7:52 a.m.

all of garbo is a minefield

July 25, 2011, 7:29 p.m.

most trails were in excellent shape today, new trail that was Lower Smoke n Mirrors is pretty fun, loamy and some little rock rolls, No Vacancy off Bline near skills park is short and sweet, only wet spot on lower mountain I found was on Devils Club…..

mtbskierdad

July 26, 2011, 6:37 p.m.

worth an eleven hour drive for the long weekend when there are 5 bike parks closer?

i suspect the lower mtn is clapped after crankworx and garbanzo is still a muck fest.

July 27, 2011, 1:12 p.m.

Weather forecast is not great, don't go, I'll go instead of you.

July 28, 2011, 6:54 a.m.

all of garbo is a minefield

So we went from snow to WW2 mud to shit. All this with never more than 2 days of sun in a row. Fantastic.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

July 28, 2011, 10:57 a.m.

Crankworx didn t destroy the trails to bad , the moist conditions held things together. A Line is getting a top to bottom with Marty and the D35 as we speek and the boys are following behind with a water tank and pump to hold it together. No vancancy is now called Wednesday Night Delight and the old lower smoke and mirrors is called Bluezeum. Devils club has been getting some work this week aswell and now has better flow and will be a work in progress. We pulled the D50 off of the new sections of Blue Velvet and started to maintain it from the top, so some sections may be closed and others will be sweet to ride now.

Aug. 4, 2011, 9:49 p.m.

A-Line is looking great despite the Crankworx-Beating, some new lips close to the rock drop and overall in very good shape. The new trails (Bluezium and Wednesday Night Delight) are loads of fun as well, short and sweet. Schleyer also got a workover today, the step down gap close to the bottom got a bit of work done to it. Now it's a bit smaller with a bigger take off and a nicer landing. Plus the trail crew seemed to be rather busy working on Freight Train… thanks for all the work!

Aug. 4, 2011, 11:32 p.m.

A-Line is looking great despite the Crankworx-Beating, some new lips close to the rock drop and overall in very good shape. The new trails (Bluezium and Wednesday Night Delight) are loads of fun as well, short and sweet. Schleyer also got a workover today, the step down gap close to the bottom got a bit of work done to it. Now it's a bit smaller with a bigger take off and a nicer landing. Plus the trail crew seemed to be rather busy working on Freight Train… thanks for all the work!

Definitely stoked on all the work the trail crew has been doing. They've done quite a bit of maintenance and managed to get some new lines going at the same time. Plus I'm loving all the new jumps that have been built(gap after the A-Line rock drop, lower whistler DH wedge, new jumps on Sidetrack, etc.). The work on Schleyer is great but that last jump came as a bit of a surprise though, no need to boost anymore or you'll land in the berm!

Aug. 5, 2011, 9:04 a.m.

Can anyone tell me if RDS is free of snow?

Aug. 20, 2011, 10:52 p.m.

What's good for slow tech up at WBP… black level but not many jumps? I cleaned Rock City last year on my hardtail save for a ledge drop near the beginning. Other Shore-type trails?

flickr